Keyboard/Touchscreen Help

Search This thread

ernbrdn

May 15, 2009
My evo is acting up, hasn't been activated for 30 days yet so I can't file an insurance claim on it, wondering if there is something I can do to try and make it work. My touchscreen goes through spurts where it acts funky. The V G and Y keys don't respond to any touch and the whole area around the keys seems dead. when I hit either of the keys the screen picks up the key to the left of it. Now it doesn't always do this, just sometimes. I can rub the screen on my shirt and the keys will almost always go back to working. When this happens sense also acts up. Swiping to change screens doesn't work. Sometimes the screen hangs halfway between screens and stays there. Also with the browser when I try to scroll the browser will zoom almost like there is another finger on the screen doing pinch to zoom. It seems like a software problem because also at this time all of my sense widgets get messed up.
Is there a way to re-flash the stock rom back to the evo and start over? Hard reset doesn't do anything to alleviate the problem.