Search This thread

cory duffus

Jul 2, 2012
Vivo X Fold
THIS IS THE SOLUTION:
- Open file in /optics/config/carriers/TGY/customer.xml
- Find line <Region>CHN</Region>
- Replace CHN with EUR
- Save with permission 0644 (if they change for same reason)
- Reboot
- Done, you have global keyboard and Keys cafe works!!!
Please explain in more detail I would like to try this, and did it require root access

Reactions: Poliarinis_eziukas

iNexusVitto

Mar 5, 2021
I found this code in the Samsung keyboard app, I wonder if it is enough to set a fixed value to ensure that the csc is cheated and the layout does not change🤔
Immagine 2021-03-06 000002.png

But there would be no way to get the same signature so...

Attachments

• Immagine 2021-03-05 235939.png
    Immagine 2021-03-05 235939.png
    69 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Temur95

Aug 2, 2014
THIS IS THE SOLUTION:
- Replace CHN with EUR
- Reboot
explain more please

iNexusVitto

Mar 5, 2021
Can I know what do you lose by rooting?
It has been years since I last rooted a Samsung.
My last rooted Samsung was the N4.
Aside from Knox, what else?

My last rooted Samsung was a Galaxy S6, In those days the restrictions depended on the model, newer phones had more restrictions.
I remember that even S health was blocked and for some reason also incognito mode on the internet app, this is to say that Samsung is not very permissive on root and those restrictions depends by the Knox counter.
By the way you lost access to Samsung pay, private area and other annoying little things, also app from play store can have restrictions if the phone is rooted.
Nowadays i don't knows if somethings changed but remember that when the knox is tripped you can't go back.

hakendog

Sep 28, 2019
I tried to modify the file customer.xml
to change the region to EUR but it still doesn't work
Did anyone succeed?

Last edited:

rockz1991

Feb 4, 2013
Yest it's the same chinese samsung keyboard which does not support keys cafe

The chinese rom is better than hing kong, it has call recording and app lock with fingerprint and network speed indicator.

The update overall is awesome and very smooth and battery is great 👍.
Hi. I flashed the TGI hong kong firmware. However, i cant find any of these features. Can you please help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210511-084755_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210511-084755_Settings.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 51

liminalsunset

Jul 29, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
I had the same problem on a Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F/DS that was originally set to the BRI or Taiwan CSC.

I bought a SamKEY credit (1 is enough) and used the SamKEY code reader from samkey.org, version v3.96.7 to change the CSC to BTU (UK and Ireland). The software version is the OXM FUF3 Android 11 update.

Following this, Keys Cafe worked fine. It might reset a bunch of your keyboard settings or so the first time, if you've tinkered, so maybe back up your layouts first. It didn't wipe my data or trip Knox, but you proceed at your own risk. Maybe this is the same problem for your phone. This doesn't root, or require root, on the phone.

Keep in mind that SamKEY credits are available for cheaper than eBay. gsmserver.com seems to sell them for 1.99$, and andtron.com, which is where mine was from, has 3 credits for 5.75$ or so.

aspidxt

Nov 11, 2022
I have n9860 and same problem. Does anyone found a solution? If I root my phone will I able to install non-chinese keyboard and get KeysCafe work?

aspidxt

Nov 11, 2022
I'm using KeyCafe 1.0.05.89, Keyboard 5.6.00.40, (experimented with different versionsas well) Android 12 latest updates TGY, but no success (( layouts just not applyed (it shows popup 'applied' but keyboard layout isn't changing).
Suntaina, may be you have some ideas what's may be wrong?

Last edited:

Suntaina

Oct 1, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I'm using KeyCafe 1.0.05.89, Keyboard 5.6.00.40, (experimented with different versionsas well) Android 12 latest updates TGY, but no success (( layouts just not applyed (it shows popup 'applied' but keyboard layout isn't changing).
Suntaina, may be you have some ideas what's may be wrong?

That's really weird, we all had this problem until Android 12 (TGY) (or 11 dont remember) came along.

I'm not even using keycafe anymore and it still works out of the box.

my samsung keyboard version is 5.4.80.1, maybe you can Uninstall keycafe and try my samsung keyboard version.

aspidxt

Nov 11, 2022
Checked 5.4.80.1, nothing changed, I even remove old keyboard via ADB. May be I miss something? Should I login to Samsung account, or set region for Galaxy store? Or it should work fine out of the box?
I really want to use custom layout)

Last edited:

aspidxt

Nov 11, 2022
Screenshot_20221202-133656_Vivaldi Browser.jpg

Also I see those hieroglyph marks for some reason in keyboard layout selection popup, do you have the same? As well as chinese, taiwan etc. preinstalled input methods which are not removable

Suntaina

Oct 1, 2020
View attachment 5775273
Also I see those hieroglyph marks for some reason in keyboard layout selection popup, do you have the same? As well as chinese, taiwan etc. preinstalled input methods which are not removable

yeah I have the same, here is how it looks for me. Are we still talking about the same thing? avoiding Chinese layout when pressing "!#1" button?

Screenshot_20221202_194347.jpgScreenshot_20221202_194357.jpg

Suntaina

Oct 1, 2020
Yes, look like it's the same. So you just installed latest Keys Cafe on your n9860 TGY and you can create custom layout and apply it, correct?

No that’s the thing, I updated to android 12 and woop, got normal layout, no keys cafe or anything.

I tried keys cafe before android 12 but it didn’t do anything with layout so I uninstalled it.

I can tell you this though, I am logged in into my Samsung account.

Can you share your build number (go to software information in settings, let’s see if we match)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS THE SOLUTION:
    - Replace CHN with EUR
    - Reboot
    THIS IS THE SOLUTION:
    - Replace CHN with EUR
    - Reboot
    Please explain in more detail I would like to try this, and did it require root access