• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

"KIK" app

Search This thread

torvick12

Jul 28, 2010
Pharr
this app is pretty cool lets u chat with people that have blackberry iphone ipods or normally android ;) Love it better than sms and pretty fast. check it out in the market now :)

kik me "Torvick1224"

http://www.kik.com/

Last edited:

darkwater13

Oct 28, 2009
Personally I prefer Whatsapp, 'cause it's more widely used, and havent had any problems with it yet. One time payment for iphone, and free trial period for android

dkelle4

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 9, 2010
Chicago, IL
I used Whatsapp and personally like it better, but I like Kik's ability to tell you when it is sent\delivered\read while Whatsapp just tells you if its sent\delivered. I don't need group chat so that's a moot point for myself

Quilombo

Feb 19, 2008
NYC
Couple of gripes I have with KiK and had to get rid of it. From my limited use (2-3 days), I learned:

-you cannot log out of KiK.

-it automatically adds contacts without your approval and worse, it lets these contacts know you've signed on to KiK as well. I dont know about others but I dont necessarily want IM access to everyone in my contact list.

-it adds people that you dont even know (saw ppl on my list that I dont know) to your contact list.

-You can get random requests from ppl you dont know to add you just the same.

It seems like a very good beginning efforts but more control and privacy measures need to be put into before I'll try it again.

And, lastly, it was draining my battery ...
These are all from personal use and observation.

keekah

Oct 18, 2010
Interesting article. It lists upcoming features.

wwwdotbgrdotcom/2010/11/10/whats-kik-messenger-all-about/

Sorry. Can't post links yet.