Killing all apps when screen off!!!! ARGHH!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm losing my will to live just in the first few hours of using this thing.

OK - so, unless you have a Chinese phone number, you can't log in to My Oppo which means, i'm told, you can't change the launcher and the built in launcher is a real piece of human solid waste.

Anyway, on to the subject...

No matter what setting i select, it kills off tasks like Gmail, WhatsApp, Timely etc. when the screen turns off and doesn't restart them until i OPEN the app again! I mean, seriously1?!?!?!111ELEVENTY!?! WTF!?

I've done the following:
    1. Turned off Smart Power Saver (ALL OF IT)
    2. Just to be sure, turned off Smart Power Saver for individual apps
    3. Used the old trick of turning Data Saver ON
    4. For EACH app turned ON "Allow Auto Startup" and "Allow Auto Startup of Other Apps"
    5. For EACH app, entered Power Saver, selected "Allow Background Running"

This is a COMPLETE show stopper and I can't fathom how a phone, that's built to receive messages when turned off, will NOT receive messages!

If anyone has ANY ideas, i could possibly fall in love with them!

As for the launcher weirdness & other de-bloating,check here:
    https://xdaforums.com/find-X/how-to/guide-adb-oppo-x-apps-safe-to-uninstall-t3818165

As for G-Mail working properly:
    Go to the G-Mail app settings & ensure the following:
    1) Power Saver: Allow Background Running
    2) Manage Notifications: Allow EVERYTHING,then,if needed,close those toggles that might not apply to your usage.
    3) Check permissions & allow as you see fit.
    4) Allow Auto Startup

In RECENTS,pull down on the G-Mail app to lock-in

In PHONE/SYSTEM SETTINGS:
    Notifications & Status Bar > Manage Notifications > GMail App & verify the same as accomplished in the GMail app settings.
    Further down the screen,verify all of your GMail account(s) are present & showing the type of notifications you want.

Go to SECURITY > PERMISSIONS & verify all desired permissions are granted,by both headers PERMISSIONS & APPS.

Go to BATTERY:
    Ensure Power Saver is OFF
    Ensure Smart Power Saver is OFF
    Custom Power Saver: Go to GMail > ensure Allow Background Running is enabled (A LOT OF REPEAT/REDUNDACNY,AIN'T COLOR OS GREAT,LOL) :rolleyes:
    App Quick Freeze:Go to GMail & toggle it OFF (This is likely the culprit,I missed it myself on initial set-up).

Hope this helps............... :good:
    any way to register Oppo Cloud account without have chinese mobile number ?

It' s a problem because all the times i try to install something like for example Blackberry Manager, it request to log-on to Oppo Account to "installation verification"

Please help

Install it by using the factory file manager
    any way to register Oppo Cloud account without have chinese mobile number ?

It' s a problem because all the times i try to install something like for example Blackberry Manager, it request to log-on to Oppo Account to "installation verification"

Please help

If all you want to do is remove/change system apps without having to register, use the procedure KOLIOSIS posted above, works PERFECTLY.
    Nope. The phone is STILL killing apps. Now it's decided in the last 30 minutes that no matter what I do, Android Wear will not be allowed to run!

I'm so f*#cking sick of this phone. Fantastic hardware f##ked but incredibly aggressive power management. Hate it.
    Nope. The phone is STILL killing apps. Now it's decided in the last 30 minutes that no matter what I do, Android Wear will not be allowed to run!

I'm so f*#cking sick of this phone. Fantastic hardware f##ked but incredibly aggressive power management. Hate it.

Similar issues here with my Samsung Gear S2,strange thing about it is just yesterday,I was apparently having a typical pairing/usage,getting all of my notifications to show up on it.
    Now,a day later,the only connection available is for phone calls,the one thing I do not use my watch for,SMMFH....
    The one difference is after I paired & set-up my watch,later that evening,I paired my Jabra Elite Active 65t buds,the connection is solid.
    Gonna unpair the earbuds,reboot the phone,re-pair the watch & see what happens.
    If this remains FUBAR,it is likely the straw that's breaking the camel's back,this & the limit of 5 user apps to have auto-start on boot,WTF...............................