• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Kindle Fire Boots to Team Win Recovery Program Screen

Search This thread

Dakdak234

Feb 11, 2012
Help! For Christmas my parents bought me a Kindle Fire but before I got it, they gave it to my sisters boyfriend who is a techy kind of guy and he put twrp and hacked the kindle. Well the other day I was trying to download something and it rebooted and went straight to the TWRP gray screen (the one with the options to install, backup, restore, wipe, etc.) I do not know what to do! I have searched through threads on the forum about using the kindle fire utility, it doesnt work. My computer recognizes the kindle as an android phone and when i run the utility, it says my boot status is unknown so i dont think that the program is detecting my kindle? Please help!

Dakdak234

Feb 11, 2012
I have tried the link that you have given me before and it didnt work as well. I've also tried the reboot -> system and the other option given. Neither of them work. My problem is, whenever i start up my Kindle, it goes straight to that screen after the yellow triangle screen. Any help?

CodenameDeadpool

Dec 8, 2011
I have tried the link that you have given me before and it didnt work as well. I've also tried the reboot -> system and the other option given. Neither of them work. My problem is, whenever i start up my Kindle, it goes straight to that screen after the yellow triangle screen. Any help?

I'm assuming you accidentally hit "reboot into recovery. If you are not a "techy" guy, you need to get in that mode and follow the link dude provided. You will need to download a couple programs to your pc, and acquire a microusb cable. Follow directions to the TEE' and you'll be ready to go in no time.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

b63

Dec 8, 2011
kfu is just good for what you need - regardless what status it reports try option1 and bootmode normal
if it does not work check your drivers - in device manager it should show up under android phones - if not update the driver - try to run install_drivers.bat in the kfu directory first - if it does'nt work try to update manually - it is in the drivers\kindle directory of kfu

regarding drivers:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22342376&postcount=6

then retry kfu option 1 bootmode normal

Last edited:

Dakdak234

Feb 11, 2012
Okay so i remembered using winRAR you need to extract the folder and I did and the kfu is working properly now except for one thing, it says the ABD status is offline... i dont know what to do about this

b63

Dec 8, 2011
the adb status is offline - this is normal when the kf is in fastboot mode

normal boot -> adb commands YES -> fastboot commands NO
fastboot -> adb commands NO -> fastboot commands YES
recovery -> adb commands YES -> fastboot commands NO

b63

Dec 8, 2011
- run kfu
- select option 1 (bootmode menu)
- select option 1 (bootmode normal)

that's it

Dakdak234

Feb 11, 2012
Thank you a million! I just realized that i was typing in "4000" instead of "1" and it wasnt recognizing the command!

b63

Dec 8, 2011
glad to help ...

please mark the subject of the topic (edit first post) with [Solved]

Dakdak234

Feb 11, 2012
Okay 1 last thing and im really sorry for putting you through all this... when its booting up, it gets past the black screen with the yellow triangle but after that the screen is just black, its not shutoff because i can see that the backlight is on... Is this a problem thats fixable?> :/

b63

Dec 8, 2011
hold the power button for ~20sec till it turns off - power on again

Dakdak234

Feb 11, 2012
Did like you told me to... Got past the yellow triangle fire fire fire screen and just sits there with the backlight on...

b63

Dec 8, 2011
what did you try to install ? it seems the kf can't boot into a system ...

and as you asked earlier - everything (besides hardware failures) is fixable
but a hardware failure seems not to be your problem

Dakdak234

Feb 11, 2012
I cant exactly remember but i remember it downloaded and then the kindle randomly shut off and when i turned it back on it just went straight to the recovery... ive tried resetting the kindle several times right now and even going back into the recovery mode and nothing is working :/ i believe the problem has gotten worse

b63

Dec 8, 2011
you can install a new rom now - which one did you have before ?

i can give you the download location and how it is done ...

Dakdak234

Feb 11, 2012
Like i mentioned before, i didnt set it up. I cant tell you what rom was downloaded but i do remember some programs that ive seen before in guides?? There were like the golauncher and other "go" programs... if that doesnt stand out to any specific one i believe there were some cryogen (or however its spelled) stuff on it... i know it was set up just like his verizon phone

b63

Dec 8, 2011
then i would think it it was cm7 - download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hmdc0lmgvnlbg97
this is the update version - i would try this one first so you should not loose anything

- boot into twrp
- now you should see the kf on your computer
- copy the downloaded file on the kf
- tap install
- select the file and install

try this first

Reactions: Dakdak234

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    then i would think it it was cm7 - download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hmdc0lmgvnlbg97
    this is the update version - i would try this one first so you should not loose anything

- boot into twrp
    - now you should see the kf on your computer
    - copy the downloaded file on the kf
    - tap install
    - select the file and install

try this first