Kindle Fire HD - USB Drivers (ADB) Windows 7

Search This thread

bbanghyung

Dec 29, 2012
milwaukee
adb_usb.ini file

Also, These instructions helped me get over the hurdle of not seeing my device when typing adb devices. Not sure if I didn't have the folder and file to begin with or if it was hidden. Either way, when I attempted to create the .android folder it appeared with the said file in it and the correct 0x1949 line in it. After that it worked great! saved me hours of frustration i'm sure :)

4. Hold down the Windows key and press R to bring up the run dialog and type %USERPROFILE% then click OK.

5. Open the .android folder.

6. Open the adb_usb.ini using Notepad or Wordpad.

7. Type 0x1949 at the end of the file, then save and close adb_usb.ini. (Note, some people are saying the ‘X’ has to be upper-case in order to work. See comments.)

Reactions: jguy72

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
ADB Communication Issues

Thank you for the post, just FYI if you use our download links, our utilities use the latest ADB daemon and API's
so these steps can be ignored.

If you have an old version of the utility and need the update in Zip form, here is another link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/ADB%20Update.zip

The key is that the API's and daemon has the following stamp

adb.exe 12/28/2012 4:52 PM 796 KB
AdbWinApi.dll 12/28/2012 4:52 PM 94 KB
AdbWinUsbApi.dll 12/28/2012 4:52 PM 60 KB

Anything older need to be replaced.

The exact location of the files is

Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17 move the files to the Stuff Folder

Qemu move the files to the root of the Qemu folder

Note: We apologize to the XDA Community for anyone who experienced trouble downloading from Dropbox.

We were unaware that the Dropbox free service is VERY limited in the amount of download traffic allowed

so we decided to upgrade our Dropbox account to the Team Premium version (ouch $795 Year) which allows

unlimited traffic. We upgraded our account yesterday, you should no longer experience 404 Errors

when using our download links. We thank everyone who is involved with the XDA Community.

bbanghyung

Dec 29, 2012
milwaukee
It's great to know dropbox has been updated. Great addition for the community. Hopefully it allows potential for it to grow.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Follow Up - Feedback

It's great to know dropbox has been updated. Great addition for the community. Hopefully it allows potential for it to grow.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

bbanghyung,

We hope so as well. Thank you for the feedback, we work hard to improve the Kindle each day.

Hopefully our passion helps others, even if we do not make money. So far we are several tens

of thousands in the hole but this is OK. We will work hard each day hoping the word is passed

to others. In the end, if we do not make money, we can say we loved what we were doing and

at the moment, we are having lots of fun helping people like yourself.

jguy72

Feb 22, 2013
THANK YOU

Also, These instructions helped me get over the hurdle of not seeing my device when typing adb devices. Not sure if I didn't have the folder and file to begin with or if it was hidden. Either way, when I attempted to create the .android folder it appeared with the said file in it and the correct 0x1949 line in it. After that it worked great! saved me hours of frustration i'm sure :)

4. Hold down the Windows key and press R to bring up the run dialog and type %USERPROFILE% then click OK.

7. Type 0x1949 at the end of the file, then save and close adb_usb.ini. (Note, some people are saying the ‘X’ has to be upper-case in order to work. See comments.)

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT LINK FOR SO LONG,
I finally rooted my device thanks to you!

Reactions: xxjacobxxhxx

cull3n

Sep 28, 2010
I can't believe I'm having such a hard f***** time doing this.

For the first, after I install the ADB drivers it brings up the same error message on 3 different computers "drivers not installed properly".

But when I plug in my Kindle, I go to the device management and there under Kindle it says "Android Composite ADB driver".

So when I try either the KF First Aid or QemuRoot the bring up the same darn error message "Unable to find ADB"!

This is driving me crazy! I followed the guide step for step, Enabled ADB on the device, no freaking luck.

Also there is no ".android" folder, I can only assume that's part of this mistery.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

belowmyself

Aug 17, 2013
Stuck on logo/windows7 not recogonizing

I was given a Kindle Fire 7" HD the other day. Turns on then there is a bit of a flash/interruption then the "Kindle Fire" logo appears and proceeds to slightly animate. That is all it does. I have tried the hard resets many times but to no use. Upon connecting the USB cable to my windows7 pc there is no response other than the Kindle turning on when I do so.

I need to know step by step how to start the process of correcting this from the very beginning.

I look forward to donating!

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have trouble with the QuemuRoot-Script (nothing happens, after starting demon), uninstall your old Kindle USB Driver and install this one.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/vprplelu9zx7s2o/kindle_fire_usb_driver.rar?dl=1
    ADB Communication Issues

Thank you for the post, just FYI if you use our download links, our utilities use the latest ADB daemon and API's
    so these steps can be ignored.

If you have an old version of the utility and need the update in Zip form, here is another link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54456659/ADB%20Update.zip

The key is that the API's and daemon has the following stamp

adb.exe 12/28/2012 4:52 PM 796 KB
    AdbWinApi.dll 12/28/2012 4:52 PM 94 KB
    AdbWinUsbApi.dll 12/28/2012 4:52 PM 60 KB

Anything older need to be replaced.

The exact location of the files is

Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17 move the files to the Stuff Folder

Qemu move the files to the root of the Qemu folder

Note: We apologize to the XDA Community for anyone who experienced trouble downloading from Dropbox.

We were unaware that the Dropbox free service is VERY limited in the amount of download traffic allowed

so we decided to upgrade our Dropbox account to the Team Premium version (ouch $795 Year) which allows

unlimited traffic. We upgraded our account yesterday, you should no longer experience 404 Errors

when using our download links. We thank everyone who is involved with the XDA Community.
    adb_usb.ini file

THANK YOU

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT LINK FOR SO LONG,
    I finally rooted my device thanks to you!