Search This thread

aaa_plshelp

Oct 4, 2022
I seem to have encountered a major problem while following this post... I followed all the steps till 6 and typed in the given into cmd but it did not return the same error but

C:\Users\DELL>dd of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition6 if=aboot_vuln.mbn
rawwrite dd for windows version 0.5.
Written by John Newbigin <jn@it.swin.edu.au>
This program is covered by the GPL. See copying.txt for details
Error opening input file: 2 The system cannot find the file specified
C:\Users\DELL>dd of=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition18 if=twrp_cubed.img
rawwrite dd for windows version 0.5.
Written by John Newbigin <jn@it.swin.edu.au>
This program is covered by the GPL. See copying.txt for details
Error opening input file: 2 The system cannot find the file specified

Now the device will not power on or go into twrp... I suspect that I've made a rookie mistake somewhere and could have possibly hard-bricked my device.

Additionally, every time I plug in the kindle to my pc it'll open multiple dialog boxes saying, "you need to format the disk before using it". Moreover, when connected the device is displayed as QHSUSB_BULK (which is supposed to be the kindle in bulk mode..?)

I would deeply appreciate any insight to complete the unlocking bootloader or recovering the fire os.
Thank you for your time.

mbskylian

May 1, 2015
zhuhai
I seem to have encountered a major problem while following this post... I followed all the steps till 6 and typed in the given into cmd but it did not return the same error but

you need type the link of the aboot file and rec file

Now the device will not power on or go into twrp... I suspect that I've made a rookie mistake somewhere and could have possibly hard-bricked my device.

Additionally, every time I plug in the kindle to my pc it'll open multiple dialog boxes saying, "you need to format the disk before using it". Moreover, when connected the device is displayed as QHSUSB_BULK (which is supposed to be the kindle in bulk mode..?)

I would deeply appreciate any insight to complete the unlocking bootloader or recovering the fire os.
Thank you for your time.
You need to enter the absolute path of the aboot and rec file,Or copy the aboot and rec file to the path of the dd command