Kindle HD 8 - stuck in recovery mode , cannot charge, cannot reboot , PLEASE HELP

Search This thread

guynftl

Apr 26, 2015
So, I think Its a lost cause but I'm going to try. I was given a Kindle Fire HD 8 last Christmas. NO issues with it until 2 days ago when it suddenly when into a recovery mode and will only loop back into it. I contacted Amazon. They tried troubleshooting, rebooting, data factory reset... nothing. Im not even sure if it is charging. My ONLY option is to get a new one at a 15% discount.

I haven't ever had this one a year, but it only has a 90 day warranty. Its my 3rd Kindle and I love them. I just hate to buy a new one.

I am open to ANY suggestions.

Not feeling the Fire in Florida....

GUYNFTL :(

So, I think Its a lost cause but I'm going to try. I was given a Kindle Fire HD 8 last Christmas. NO issues with it until 2 days ago when it suddenly when into a recovery mode and will only loop back into it. I contacted Amazon. They tried troubleshooting, rebooting, data factory reset... nothing. Im not even sure if it is charging. My ONLY option is to get a new one at a 15% discount.

I haven't ever had this one a year, but it only has a 90 day warranty. Its my 3rd Kindle and I love them. I just hate to buy a new one.

I am open to ANY suggestions.

Not feeling the Fire in Florida....

GUYNFTL :(

If it doesn't boot to recovery, or doesn't turn on, or respond when being plugged into a PC, its pretty much dead.

GUYNFTL68

Sep 4, 2017
Fire stuck

It turns on and will only go to the recovery mode screen with the various options. Amazon support said its out of warranty..90 days.. I hate to junk it..its only 9 months old...any suggestions???

GUYNFTL68

Sep 4, 2017
How???

How do i sideload adb???

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Or flash the firmware???? Any help would be grateful

Jeanniem53

Dec 20, 2018
Could be the case

I recently bought a new fire 8 tablet and it did this. Tech support from amazon called and asked if I recently put a case on it. Yes I had. Took it off and it started right up. The case fit but the buttons were off causing it to go into recovery.

Reactions: DragonFire1024

Jstpshply

May 24, 2019
Thank you!

I recently bought a new fire 8 tablet and it did this. Tech support from amazon called and asked if I recently put a case on it. Yes I had. Took it off and it started right up. The case fit but the buttons were off causing it to go into recovery.

Thanks for this information! It was driving me NUTS! Took the case off and VIOLA! Back in business. Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could be the case