Kingo Android Root, Safe or Not ??

Search This thread

sdey.dey

Jan 8, 2012
New Delhi

Is Kingo Android Root application SAFE ?:confused:

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not:confused:
So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.:good:
Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.
Enjoy rooting :D

flipmode_11

Nov 24, 2009
Please wait...
Well I trust them. I've has no problems.
The issue I had above was due to dodgy USB connection. After paying $50 to get it replaced, it rooted in under 15 mins.

ATTENTION
IF YOU USE SAMSUNG WITH KNOX PRE-INSTALLED, TRY AND REMOVE KNOX BEFORE ANY ROOTING STEPS!
IF YOU ALREADY ROOTED WITH KNOX STILL INSTALLED, KINGO SUPERUSER WORKS GREAT!
BUT SUPERSU 2.4.x CAN STILL BE USED IF YOU FLASH ZIP AND USE "Super Sume" (Android Market / Google Play).

Seriously zero issues so far with Kingo SuperUser. ZERO.
Titanium Backup has a warning as it notices it is not SuperSU.

I use AFWALL+ and only allow chosen apps to internet. Not even SuperSU had network access on my S2! Nor does Kingo SuperUser on my S4.

One happy camper right here! :D

Xerolsis

Oct 11, 2015
Hmm..

WELL, this has been an informative morning to read up on Kingo, so muc h so I finally made myself an account! Personally from everything I'm seeing I'm glad Kingo hadn't yet succeeded to root my phone, I was going to try it with pc later, but honestly I've become so skeptical of all the one click apps that shorten the length of the process that I don't even feel safe to download them any further. Especially after one seemed to try and pump several applications into my system last night without my knowledge or without tripping so much as a notification, I'd like to say which but I was pretty wild with it last night so hard to tell. Personally though guys, think I'm going to fall back to the safer plan at this point myself and do it myself through cmd and ADB with fastboot, these apps just can't really be trusted it would appear.

ZTE Speed KK 4.4.4 (Let me tell ya, information on this particular device and rooting has not necessarily been easy for me to get my hands on.)

Ripirius

Oct 25, 2015
Oddly Successful ROOT

Samsung Galaxy Grand GT i9082 is not easy to root. Even if it was then i couldnt get the right apps. I mean there is the manual way by cmd and adb methods with odin. But just now i used the KINGO root app and it rooted it within seconds..but it was only working as the sole super user app. The Super Su by Chainfire wasnt succesfull with installing binaries into the system.. nor the other super user apps did.

When I removed the Kingo Root app thinking it was interfering with the other Super Su apps, then the ROOT Checker app said that the phone wasnt rooted properly. But when i installed back the Kingo Root app then it was alright.

How is it possible? Does this mean that KINGO ROOT is temporarily siitting there in the binary? And removing it would mean unrooting my phone?

BUT this was the app, when i tried Kingo root via PC, it was failing several times. But then i rooted again with the app and then connected it to PC,, funny thing is that the PC version of Kingo Root said it was rooted. Then i clicked ROOT AGAIN and at the end it said ROOT SUCCESSFUL.
Its really confusing. and now again. the original Super Su attempted to uninstall existing super users to run fine but failed :eek:

:(:(:(:(:(:(

lili3364

Dec 2, 2012
bad experience for me ! (sorry for poor english it's not my native langage)

I've got a huawei y550, I'm a noob and this is why I choose an app to root my phone. I was afraid to brick the phone with "classicals" methods.

I just wanted to get more memory space because on my huawei EMUI is taking all the storage space --' ...

I choose Kingoroot app because I saw on forums that app can root my phone.
Now Kingo superuser is installed and I can't remove it -_-'

Root is working, unroot is working but it's impossible to delete the superuser :mad:

I emailed them to know why we can't uninstall/delete or remplace the superuser by another one ... they don't want to reply ...

flipmode_11

Nov 24, 2009
Please wait...
Read the steps I posted I how to switch.
It was I the last 2 - 6 weeks. I didn't have to run .sh files, or perform cryptic bash commands.
I simply installed SuperSU, said no to updating binaries. Coveted to /system, rebooted (automatic), then converted Kingo to user app. Frozen Kingo. Updated binaries.
It was somethingI like that.
Give it a go. YOU can always just re-root! :/

bad experience for me ! (sorry for poor english it's not my native langage)

I've got a huawei y550, I'm a noob and this is why I choose an app to root my phone. I was afraid to brick the phone with "classicals" methods.

I just wanted to get more memory space because on my huawei EMUI is taking all the storage space --' ...

I choose Kingoroot app because I saw on forums that app can root my phone.
Now Kingo superuser is installed and I can't remove it -_-'

Root is working, unroot is working but it's impossible to delete the superuser :mad:

I emailed them to know why we can't uninstall/delete or remplace the superuser by another one ... they don't want to reply ...

Reactions: lili3364

lili3364

Dec 2, 2012
Read the steps I posted I how to switch.
It was I the last 2 - 6 weeks. I didn't have to run .sh files, or perform cryptic bash commands.
I simply installed SuperSU, said no to updating binaries. Coveted to /system, rebooted (automatic), then converted Kingo to user app. Frozen Kingo. Updated binaries.
It was somethingI like that.
Give it a go. YOU can always just re-root! :/

hey hello,

Unfortunatly I tried this way too. It didn't work.

I tried all this lol :

Es explorer file (to delete/uninstall)
Root browser

Tried too Gatesjunior apps :
super-pro sume
super unroot
ginger unroot

Other apps :
SuperSU
Superuser

Tried to install a new rom. (the way with the 3 buttons power etc ... and the way in settings/local update).
Tried factory reset too.

nothing works, only fails. Kingo's superuser is still here :eek:

I'm afaraid to re-root in a "classical" way, because I don't have enought knowledge to do this, this is why I choosed an app to root my phone. (don't know if my sentence is correct ... --> I mean I'm noob lol :D)
And I saw too late that many people have the same problem than me :(

You've been nice to try to help me, thank you :)

thecpu

Jan 27, 2016
Works Fine to notice...

I tried several other applications and its a good think to tell that it worked for me perfect on my Huawei Y530 where others failed.
There are some phones that need to unlock the bootloader first in order to work , it happened to me that kingo root failed at first because i didn´t have the bootloader unlocked. After that, it rooted it really fast and with no problems at the moment.
So in my oppinion i must say its a trusty application.
Not to mention i was looking in forums opinions before taking the risk. :good:

pranKster78

Aug 12, 2011
Realme 6 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
I agree with some of the members that had raised concerns about this s/w. This App does things that I am not aware. Plus we see that it says "Downloading requisite dependency files (100%) .... " multiple times. I have some Questions bugging my mind
1. "What exactly it downloaded ?"
2. Why it downloaded files multiple times ?
3. In Odin / auto-root method(s) we know there are 1 or 2 files that are needed other than the Odin to root ! not many files as this app needs. So I simply just don't know what goes under the hood ? Defeating the purpose why we wanted to root our phone --- that is to gain more control on my phone !

I don't intend to hurt any one's sentiments but these are some of the thought running in circles in my head. I thought I should share them with the experts in the forum. May be some one will shed little light here.

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
I agree with some of the members that had raised concerns about this s/w. This App does things that I am not aware. Plus we see that it says "Downloading requisite dependency files (100%) .... " multiple times. I have some Questions bugging my mind
1. "What exactly it downloaded ?"
2. Why it downloaded files multiple times ?
3. In Odin / auto-root method(s) we know there are 1 or 2 files that are needed other than the Odin to root ! not many files as this app needs. So I simply just don't know what goes under the hood ? Defeating the purpose why we wanted to root our phone --- that is to gain more control on my phone !

I don't intend to hurt any one's sentiments but these are some of the thought running in circles in my head. I thought I should share them with the experts in the forum. May be some one will shed little light here.

Just saying, CFAR isn't using any exploits that's why it can be one file, king0root on the other hand is using exploits and that's why they need to download multiple stuff in order to find which exploit will work for that specific device.
Btw I'm not of the people who defend kingo/kingroot... Just pointing out on your specific concern.

SeanOLee

May 20, 2016
dangerous

i tried downloading and ESET blocked the website.
after temporarily disabling ESET, the files were flagged as Malware.

both files were 1 MB each.. which is suspicious.
and incorrect file names. (from screenshot)

Maybe it's the wrong site, but this is what comes up in Google for the first 3 listing.
Kingoapp.com

UPDATE: i found a different version from DownloadGeek and installed it.
Unfortunately, after a few hours.. it didn't work.
TechPad Xtab i700

Last edited:

bajatrvlr

Aug 19, 2015
San Diego
Kingo SuperUser taking over...

The Kingo Super User just updated to 2.1.3 and among other permissions, it now can turn on Bluetooth devices, hide itself, and turn on at will. I tried uninstalling it only to have it reinstall the update itself.
Let this be a warning to anyone who may be thinking of using this method of rooting a device. I'm rethinking my reasoning for doing it in the first place.

Reactions: PalmCentro

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
The Kingo Super User just updated to 2.1.3 and among other permissions, it now can turn on Bluetooth devices, hide itself, and turn on at will. I tried uninstalling it only to have it reinstall the update itself.
Let this be a warning to anyone who may be thinking of using this method of rooting a device. I'm rethinking my reasoning for doing it in the first place.
I have a feeling that they are connected to the latest malware found that roots devices...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not a good experience for me.

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not:confused:
    So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
    So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
    Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.:good:
    Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.
    I did Follow all steps, everything was going good up until my note 3 reboot and reboot over and over, when kingo said successfully rooted, it didn't work that way, instead to my surprise, when finally hard reset it, came to find out that it tripped knox, and have my warranty voided, this is my personal experience and wanted to share with you all.

I would always prefer using a computer to gain root access instead of theses on the fly tools. It worked for me everytime without messing up anYthing. Better getting some knowledge before changing any system components ;)

Gesendet von meinem One S mit Tapatalk
    it's better to use recovery mode and flash your su zip than rooting within root app. for me rooting with app is like doing a surgery while the patient still awake :v
    Kingo has gone apes#&t AGAIN!

I've been using Kingo Root for well over a year now. It keeps asking to install most recent version of the program every time you run it on your desktop. I have kept accepting the new updates as I was assuming that the reason for all these updates was because they kept adding root methods for new models of phones and most recent OS versions of Android.

I just updated to VERSION 1.3.6 within the last couple weeks.

Yesterday, I rooted a friend's phone (Huawei Y320) and Kingo rooted as usual without any problems. HOWEVER, when I went to look for the SuperSU app (from Chainfire) which it normally installs on the phone ... IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!! Instead, there was a KINGO USER super user app instead. But that was not the real issue. I noticed the following problems which I NEVER have seen prior to yesterday:

1. Kingo User BLOCKS the Chainfire SuperSU app from installing its binaries and replacing Kingo User.

2. In the program's status window on the desktop, I could see that it was downloading A LOT OF STUFF! Normally, it will download just a couple of packets of root payload and then say ROOT SUCCEEDED after checking the root status. This time, it downloaded so many packets of payload, I lost count!

3. After rooting, there was a bunch of other Chinese crap that was installed by the Kingo Root program on the phone including INSIDE THE SYSTEM FOLDERS. Wtf????

4. I noticed that immediately after root, the phone started making a ton of connections to the internet. The activity was off the charts! I could not even do a Google Search with the phone because Google complained that a lot of query activity was emanating from the phone! What on earth it's trying to do via the internet activity is anyone's guess. WHY ALL THE INTERNET ACTIVITY KINGO?

I think Kingo Root has done an end run around XDA Developers. I am now EXTREMELY suspicious of this program and I strongly suggest others be extremely careful too. I also would like some Senior Members of XDA to chime in here.

At this point I suggest you NOT update Kingo Root to the latest version which is 1.3.6. It appears to be a TROJAN HORSE for rogue Chinese software. It is not simply installing binaries any longer.

KINGO ROOT MUST BE RE-EXAMINED BY XDA-DEVELOPERS. IS IT STILL SAFE?????????????