Kingo Android Root, Safe or Not ??

Search This thread

sdey.dey

Jan 8, 2012
New Delhi

Is Kingo Android Root application SAFE ?:confused:

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not:confused:
So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.:good:
Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.
Enjoy rooting :D

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
So you were able to get rid of it?
Malwarebytes, Avast, AVG...NONE of them will get rid of the KingRoot super user. Once installed to root your phone, you cannot unroot it EXCEPT with Super-SuMe, a $4 app in Play Store. You essentially can only replace it with SuperSu (using that app). After you replace the KingRot with SuperSu, you can fully unroot your device as needed.

EDIT: OOOOPPPPSSS! I should have clarified that I'm talking about KingRoot which is NOT the same as KingORoot. The O or lack thereof makes ALL the difference! Sorry. You can disregard my post if you've rooted with KingORoot. I didn't listen to my own advice. ???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

bajatrvlr

Aug 19, 2015
San Diego
Success

Well, I love my EVGA Tegra Note 7 so much, I wiped the whole hard drive to get rid of both Kingo root and Kingo Super su... But it followed me from v4.4.2 to 5.1 initially before I wiped the HD. It was successful after I wiped it though. As much as I wanted a rooted tablet, I realized I don't know enough to not get into trouble...
Most of you guys know what you're doing; I can't say that I do... As a matter of fact, Kingo has a way of uninstalling itself by hooking it up to your PC but at that point, I didn't trust it and was willing to just do the 5.1 install.

krustybaguette

Jun 22, 2012
Olde Stourbridge Village MA
Why "not a good experience"?

I did Follow all steps, everything was going good up until my note 3 reboot and reboot over and over, when kingo said successfully rooted, it didn't work that way, instead to my surprise, when finally hard reset it, came to find out that it tripped knox, and have my warranty voided, this is my personal experience and wanted to share with you all.

Was the end result that your phone was successfully rooted? That's the goal normally.
I understand that having to reboot several times then do a hard reset may have been unsettling, but then you complained
about having knox tripped. Perhaps that's true, but unless your phone is still under factory warranty that shouldn't make much
difference. Check this article about knox
I don't use my Note III in a corporate environment. I just want to be able to root it and get rid of all the crapware that Samsung and Verizon have added to it.
Your complaint sounds like you have bought into Samsung's propaganda about knox's value.

I'm still not convinced about using kingo but I've yet to see a way to root my Note III using more traditional rooting methods.

papypaprika

Mar 6, 2016
Receiving Spam Calls & Text

Just wanted to let you know I tried to root my phone with Kingoroot. It didn't work, and I now receive spam SMS and calls. Be warned !

bajatrvlr

Aug 19, 2015
San Diego
Bricked 5.1...

I finally got up the courage to try to re-root my Tegra Note 7 in LP 5.1 and the KR program churned and churned until it finally said "Success, your device is Rooted"... Not so fast, not only wasn't it rooted, but was in a boot-loop that took opening the case and snipping one of the battery leads. I tried desoldering the lead until I discovered it was silver braised and my iron won't put out that kind of temperature... As I looked around, Invidia braised every solder joint throughout the whole tablet. I'm impressed; I've never run into that before...
Anyway, I sent KR an email asking for help and haven't heard a peep from them. This was all after I sent them a donation that appears UN-refundable. Now I'm hoping Root Junky's method will work for unbricking it. My computer will not recognize the Tegra since this whole disaster finished with a blank screen.
Anyone with any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

PalmCentro

Dec 8, 2014
█ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
I finally got up the courage to try to re-root my Tegra Note 7 in LP 5.1 and the KR program churned and churned until it finally said "Success, your device is Rooted"... Not so fast, not only wasn't it rooted, but was in a boot-loop that took opening the case and snipping one of the battery leads. I tried desoldering the lead until I discovered it was silver braised and my iron won't put out that kind of temperature... As I looked around, Invidia braised every solder joint throughout the whole tablet. I'm impressed; I've never run into that before...
Anyway, I sent KR an email asking for help and haven't heard a peep from them. This was all after I sent them a donation that appears UN-refundable. Now I'm hoping Root Junky's method will work for unbricking it. My computer will not recognize the Tegra since this whole disaster finished with a blank screen.
Anyone with any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Just saying, it's not kingroots fault that you bricked your device, rooting your device can brick it and you need to be prepared to be able to reflash.

FireDemonYT

Jan 25, 2016
hello guys

OK so I got king root 4.9.0 and it updated to 5.0.0 and it was successfully. However Google told me I went to Ireland and uk during that process and that scared the **** out of me. Now I'm thinking to switch to towelroot or su. Any ideas?

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
OK so I got king root 4.9.0 and it updated to 5.0.0 and it was successfully. However Google told me I went to Ireland and uk during that process and that scared the **** out of me. Now I'm thinking to switch to towelroot or su. Any ideas?
It's difficult to understand what you're saying about Kingroot updates and Google etc. Anyway, sounds like you're saying you want to switch from Kingroot's superuser to SuperSu.

You cannot "switch" to Towelroot as that is simply a rooting method. But you can switch to SuperSu.

You first have to eliminate Kingroot's superuser because it will not allow itself to be replaced simply by using a different rooting method. To eliminate it, you need to run a special script. Download the Super-SuMe app from PlayStore. It costs $4. It's the only way to eliminate Kingroot. It will also attempt to install SuperSu.

If SuperSu is not installed by Super-SuMe, you will need to install a SuperSu zip from the SD card. Which means that you should have a custom recovery installed just in case. So installing a custom recovery is the first thing you should do before attempting to eliminate Kingroot from your device.

Finally, please be advised that everything I stated above assumes you had rooted your device with KINGROOT (even though you posted on the Kingoroot thread). Kingroot is not the same as Kingoroot! Kingoroot is a lot easier to switch.

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
Hello
This will not work as there's no available custom recovery for my device. Shall I try to unroot from kingroot's settings?
Kingroot won't let you unroot in a way that will allow you to reroot with another rooting app.

What's your device anyway? If it is an MTK device, you can possibly create your own CWM (Clockworkmod) custom recovery for your device using MTK Droid Tools (just make sure you've set USB Debugging to ON). If you are able to create a CWM recovery, you can then use Rashr or Flashify to install it on your rooted device.

FireDemonYT

Jan 25, 2016
How to check if it's making or not? I've seen mtk in settings but I want to see it further.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Mtk*

FireDemonYT

Jan 25, 2016
hello again

ive verified and my device IS mtk. Now i cant do a cwm custon recorvery and im not willing to ay for super sume
So i hope you are willing to do me a favour:
give me a apk for the laetst Super SUME and
make me a cwm
ok so heres the info of my device
manufacturer:Lenovo
model:TAB 2 A7-20F
android version kitkat 4.4.2
kernel version 3.4.67
bulid number:
T2-A7-20F_S000009_151022_ROW
You can ask for more information thx

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
ive verified and my device IS mtk. Now i cant do a cwm custon recorvery and im not willing to ay for super sume
So i hope you are willing to do me a favour:
give me a apk for the laetst Super SUME and
make me a cwm
ok so heres the info of my device
manufacturer:Lenovo
model:TAB 2 A7-20F
android version kitkat 4.4.2
kernel version 3.4.67
bulid number:
T2-A7-20F_S000009_151022_ROW
You can ask for more information thx
You've got two elements of bad luck. First of all, I can't make a CWM for you...you've got to do it yourself with your own device connected to MTK Droid Tools (with USB Debugging set to ON). MTK Droid will create the custom recovery for your device...but it may not work with KitKat. If you can't make your own, just search XDA for your device. Usually, someone else has made the CWM or TWRP for your device and you can download it from the thread.

Second, there's no way I'm gonna pay for an app that I don't need and send it to you to fix your problem. Sorry bro. Get the app yourself. Otherwise, just learn to live with KingRoot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not:confused:
    So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
    So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
    Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.:good:
    Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.
    not a good experience for me.

I did Follow all steps, everything was going good up until my note 3 reboot and reboot over and over, when kingo said successfully rooted, it didn't work that way, instead to my surprise, when finally hard reset it, came to find out that it tripped knox, and have my warranty voided, this is my personal experience and wanted to share with you all.
    I would always prefer using a computer to gain root access instead of theses on the fly tools. It worked for me everytime without messing up anYthing. Better getting some knowledge before changing any system components ;)

Gesendet von meinem One S mit Tapatalk
    it's better to use recovery mode and flash your su zip than rooting within root app. for me rooting with app is like doing a surgery while the patient still awake :v
    Kingo has gone apes#&t AGAIN!

I've been using Kingo Root for well over a year now. It keeps asking to install most recent version of the program every time you run it on your desktop. I have kept accepting the new updates as I was assuming that the reason for all these updates was because they kept adding root methods for new models of phones and most recent OS versions of Android.

I just updated to VERSION 1.3.6 within the last couple weeks.

Yesterday, I rooted a friend's phone (Huawei Y320) and Kingo rooted as usual without any problems. HOWEVER, when I went to look for the SuperSU app (from Chainfire) which it normally installs on the phone ... IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!! Instead, there was a KINGO USER super user app instead. But that was not the real issue. I noticed the following problems which I NEVER have seen prior to yesterday:

1. Kingo User BLOCKS the Chainfire SuperSU app from installing its binaries and replacing Kingo User.

2. In the program's status window on the desktop, I could see that it was downloading A LOT OF STUFF! Normally, it will download just a couple of packets of root payload and then say ROOT SUCCEEDED after checking the root status. This time, it downloaded so many packets of payload, I lost count!

3. After rooting, there was a bunch of other Chinese crap that was installed by the Kingo Root program on the phone including INSIDE THE SYSTEM FOLDERS. Wtf????

4. I noticed that immediately after root, the phone started making a ton of connections to the internet. The activity was off the charts! I could not even do a Google Search with the phone because Google complained that a lot of query activity was emanating from the phone! What on earth it's trying to do via the internet activity is anyone's guess. WHY ALL THE INTERNET ACTIVITY KINGO?

I think Kingo Root has done an end run around XDA Developers. I am now EXTREMELY suspicious of this program and I strongly suggest others be extremely careful too. I also would like some Senior Members of XDA to chime in here.

At this point I suggest you NOT update Kingo Root to the latest version which is 1.3.6. It appears to be a TROJAN HORSE for rogue Chinese software. It is not simply installing binaries any longer.

KINGO ROOT MUST BE RE-EXAMINED BY XDA-DEVELOPERS. IS IT STILL SAFE?????????????