Kingo Android Root, Safe or Not ??

Search This thread

sdey.dey

Jan 8, 2012
New Delhi

Is Kingo Android Root application SAFE ?:confused:

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not:confused:
So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.:good:
Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.
Enjoy rooting :D

AChair

Feb 23, 2017
Safe

From my experience, i'm pretty sure that Kingo Root is safe. I just tapped "One click root" and when it reached 100% my phone restarted and the root worked.

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
From my experience, i'm pretty sure that Kingo Root is safe. I just tapped "One click root" and when it reached 100% my phone restarted and the root worked.
Does not mean that it is safe! What other software did it download to your device without your permission? What does that software do?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7040D using XDA Free mobile app

jdanield

May 24, 2017
Hello,

I just used kingoroot and could root my Archos Helium 5 (French make). It seems to work. Add the Kingo Super User authorization system, of course. Seems to add also "Super Battery" and "pure cleaner", but I may have been able to remove them (I may because I don't care to reboot too often), because I don't need such app, but that don't mean they are harmful.

I couldn't root my wife's Dodgee X5 pro with it.

WaltA

Nov 26, 2008
I guess it depends on what you consider "safe".

I used KingoRoot to root my tablet, and after it was done, I found under Developer Options, Process, these KingoRoot background apps ...

SuperUser (ads.process)
SuperUser

Its the first one, that fits my definition of "unsafe".

Last edited:

donluz

Jan 26, 2012
IMEI removed yet?

My Kaspersky picked-up Kingoroot and was not happy about it. Uncertain whether to "add to exclusions" or eradicate the bugger, I came to XDA.

I read the PDF of Kingo's response and am curious... on 02/10/2014 their response was that the "IMEI was unnecessary and would be removed in the next version". My question here is... did this ever take place? Lastly, is it still of popular opinion that this program is safe to use with regards to security, one's privacy, etc?

(by the way, I did use it on my GS4 and it worked after several reboots and reattempts)

Reactions: nomadbas

jdanield

May 24, 2017
I used it (with success) on my Archos Helium smartphone and didn't notice any suspect activity. My "data" link (gsm) is most of the time unset because it is it that make my battery low. But wifi is not.
Kingoroot install two apps: pure cleaner and super battery, but these app are pretty good, so it's not that a problem.
I don't know if it's possible to track what a root app do :( - probably not at my level.
And by the way, my phone have to be rooted again fairly often, at least at each reboot

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
I used it (with success) on my Archos Helium smartphone and didn't notice any suspect activity. My "data" link (gsm) is most of the time unset because it is it that make my battery low. But wifi is not.
Kingoroot install two apps: pure cleaner and super battery, but these app are pretty good, so it's not that a problem.
I don't know if it's possible to track what a root app do :( - probably not at my level.
And by the way, my phone have to be rooted again fairly often, at least at each reboot
It does not just install apps, it also installs SYSTEMS PROCESSES which the typical user cannot see. So you really have no idea, do you?

And if you lose root every time you reboot your phone, then clearly, your phone is not fully rooted by Kingoroot. You need a different root solution.

Use MTK Droid Tools to create a custom recovery for your phone. Flash the recovery onto your device. Then install any SuperSu zip from the SD card while you're in recovery mode. Done. You'll be permanently rooted with a quality root manager.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

jdanield

May 24, 2017
yes, I know that, but what kingoroot do is enough for me - I mostly wanted to get rid of the unwanted preinstalled apps.

of course, I can't know if some infos are hacked from my phone, but I don't use it for sensitive action (no bank account there). Info here seems to show it's not overly dangerous, that is not so much more than many other apps that display adds

thanks for your input I may use if I get the time :)

edychen26

Apr 1, 2015

Many people are scratching their heads thinking whether Kingo's application is safe or not:confused:
So this thread is made for everyone who is in a dilemma about the applications usage, Ban and removal of ban from XDA's thread and rooting their phones with the kingo app without any hassle (NOOBS GUIDE FOR ROOTING).
So, I contacted kingo for support and information and they came up with a very satisfactory explanation about their application which has been attached below.
Moreover, some people are still concerned about the ban and thread that was closed by XDA, for their information the thread was opened and this application was declared as SAFE to use.:good:
Final verdict from my side is, every one who is afraid of flashing kernels for rooting (like auto-root) and the people who are concerned with KNOX warranty (MOST PEOPLE did not trip their knox warranty) should use this simple root & unroot tool to get the administrative privileges on their device.

Of course if you contact kingo side, it will said good. They wont say not good for their product. You should ask all master in XDA who can give the wright answer. In my experience something always happened after use for sometime. System and apps will crash. Factory reset wont give any positive result, kingroot n apps non bloatware come back and still crash. Hopely can remove kingroot in error device IF YOU LUCKY. Flashing with tool 50-50.
SO KINGROOT / KINGO NOT RECOMENDED.
BETTE TO USE SUPERSU FOR A BETTER SYSTEM

flipmode_11

Nov 24, 2009
Please wait...
I used Kingo to root S2 and S4 without any issues. I also used it on HTC and another phone, when no other known way to root was possible. Only device I had issues with was HTC Diamond (old) and mini HTC model - probably MY Fault!!! So Kingo does have benefits! I forget the model of device that, but nothing would work.

#0. Connect phone to PC and execute a full phone backup using ADB.
#1. Backup all SIM + Google Account contacts.
#2. Remove SIM card and optionally insert old/dead SIM.
#3. Remove ALL Google accounts. All email accounts, calendars and contacts should be removed. Delete if still there. All data will be later re-added and populated with next re-sync after addubg accounts. I don't trust Root toolkit not to steal this data...
#4. Remove non-root applications - e.g. BK Package Disabler (export XML). Later update to newer root-friendly Disabler. Import XML to auto-disable everything.
#5. Use a FIREWALL on PC and Android during root process. Accept and reject each requests for network access - You will use a USB cable and run the EXE installer on your computer. Repeat trial-and-error until root procedure finishes for your privacy, or skip if you do not have any concerns (e.g. new device or all personal data already removed).

What else... What have I forgotten? SMS backup I guess...
After root, repeat with another full ADB backup. Keep ALL your backups and always give them sensible file names - 2017.07.24-S5-Stock-NoRoot etc.

Someone needs to write an updated list of concise steps to replace the Kingo SU with SuperSU, so that you do not lose Root in the process, or cause any issues. (I used Titanium to freeze Kingo SU and install Super SU, however had ongoing messages about binaries... :( I suspect file names were conflicting.
But you can always copy SuperSU to SD card and the reboot into recovery or boot, and install it that way, to get KingoSU out of the way. Exact steps with pre/post would be helpful for everyone though. :D :p

But the 2014 KingoSU was fine. Had no issues with it. It had diagnostics and logging. For most people, they just want root, plus prompt to allow/deny access.
I just HATE those apps that check for root and then reject/deny operation... Why they have to stop workign if they detect root access. 3 apps I use do this, and I have not rooted my current phone... :( :(

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

BTW 'KingRoot' and 'KingoRoot' are DIFFERENT!
Do NOT use KingRoot!!!

CVAngelo

Mar 24, 2015
Praia
investincv.blogspot.com
Someone needs to write an updated list of concise steps to replace the Kingo SU with SuperSU, so that you do not lose Root in the process, or cause any issues. (I used Titanium to freeze Kingo SU and install Super SU, however had ongoing messages about binaries... :( I suspect file names were conflicting.
But you can always copy SuperSU to SD card and the reboot into recovery or boot, and install it that way, to get KingoSU out of the way. Exact steps with pre/post would be helpful for everyone though. :D :p

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

[/COLOR]BTW 'KingRoot' and 'KingoRoot' are DIFFERENT!
Do NOT use KingRoot!!!
Actually, it's really easy to replace KingoSu with SuperSu. You need to flash a custom recovery (one that is specifically made for your device). Then put the latest SuperSu zip onto your SD card. Boot into custom recovery and install the SuperSu zip. It automatically deletes all files associated with Kingo and replaces the KingoSu with SuperSu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

zevric

Dec 23, 2015
Anyone know of this method works for Galaxy S8?
Edit: Just noticed the post about it not working past Android 5 sorry.

Last edited:

andrewl93

Aug 2, 2018
note 3 with kingo

I did Follow all steps, everything was going good up until my note 3 reboot and reboot over and over, when kingo said successfully rooted, it didn't work that way, instead to my surprise, when finally hard reset it, came to find out that it tripped knox, and have my warranty voided, this is my personal experience and wanted to share with you all.

it made my note 3s buttons stop responding pretty much completely been trying for days to fix it

Mar 12, 2022

Enjoy rooting
No. It Is Not Safe. I've Tried To Root Android 8.1 7.0.And 5.0 And Have Not Worked It's A Scam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

not a good experience for me.

I did Follow all steps, everything was going good up until my note 3 reboot and reboot over and over, when kingo said successfully rooted, it didn't work that way, instead to my surprise, when finally hard reset it, came to find out that it tripped knox, and have my warranty voided, this is my personal experience and wanted to share with you all.
    I would always prefer using a computer to gain root access instead of theses on the fly tools. It worked for me everytime without messing up anYthing. Better getting some knowledge before changing any system components ;)

Gesendet von meinem One S mit Tapatalk
    it's better to use recovery mode and flash your su zip than rooting within root app. for me rooting with app is like doing a surgery while the patient still awake :v
    Kingo has gone apes#&t AGAIN!

I've been using Kingo Root for well over a year now. It keeps asking to install most recent version of the program every time you run it on your desktop. I have kept accepting the new updates as I was assuming that the reason for all these updates was because they kept adding root methods for new models of phones and most recent OS versions of Android.

I just updated to VERSION 1.3.6 within the last couple weeks.

Yesterday, I rooted a friend's phone (Huawei Y320) and Kingo rooted as usual without any problems. HOWEVER, when I went to look for the SuperSU app (from Chainfire) which it normally installs on the phone ... IT WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!! Instead, there was a KINGO USER super user app instead. But that was not the real issue. I noticed the following problems which I NEVER have seen prior to yesterday:

1. Kingo User BLOCKS the Chainfire SuperSU app from installing its binaries and replacing Kingo User.

2. In the program's status window on the desktop, I could see that it was downloading A LOT OF STUFF! Normally, it will download just a couple of packets of root payload and then say ROOT SUCCEEDED after checking the root status. This time, it downloaded so many packets of payload, I lost count!

3. After rooting, there was a bunch of other Chinese crap that was installed by the Kingo Root program on the phone including INSIDE THE SYSTEM FOLDERS. Wtf????

4. I noticed that immediately after root, the phone started making a ton of connections to the internet. The activity was off the charts! I could not even do a Google Search with the phone because Google complained that a lot of query activity was emanating from the phone! What on earth it's trying to do via the internet activity is anyone's guess. WHY ALL THE INTERNET ACTIVITY KINGO?

I think Kingo Root has done an end run around XDA Developers. I am now EXTREMELY suspicious of this program and I strongly suggest others be extremely careful too. I also would like some Senior Members of XDA to chime in here.

At this point I suggest you NOT update Kingo Root to the latest version which is 1.3.6. It appears to be a TROJAN HORSE for rogue Chinese software. It is not simply installing binaries any longer.

KINGO ROOT MUST BE RE-EXAMINED BY XDA-DEVELOPERS. IS IT STILL SAFE?????????????