Kingo Root

Search This thread

AnmiacAndroid

May 17, 2014
I don't fully understand your question, but I think you're asking if putting it in download mode will erase your phone?

Putting your phone in download mode won't erase your phone. The only way to completely wipe out your phone to the point of it not booting is by wiping the system partition with Safestrap.

Before you begin using the apps I mentioned, I recommend reading about them, what they do and the dangers/benefits of using them until your eyes bleed. It's a steep learning curve, so take your time and research before trying anything you don't fully understand. Bricking a $700 phone is not fun...

Yes, 700$ is what i want to keep. I sometime factory reset my phone to make it fresh one and i really don't want root cause any problem to my phone since i have rooted it.

One more question: Would you please show me what system app is not necessary on my at&t note 3. My battery is draining real fast and i just want to freeze some app instead of changing room. I am living in asia.

Thank you very much,

Reactions: rawhide85

rawhide85

Nov 20, 2009
FL, USA
Yes, 700$ is what i want to keep. I sometime factory reset my phone to make it fresh one and i really don't want root cause any problem to my phone since i have rooted it.

One more question: Would you please show me what system app is not necessary on my at&t note 3. My battery is draining real fast and i just want to freeze some app instead of changing room. I am living in asia.

Thank you very much,
@AnmiacAndroid Here is a list of apps that members have reported to be safe to freeze. Remember, just freeze them and don't uninstall them. Please research how to use Titanium Backup Pro. Check Youtube for a how - to video. Good luck. Also, the only dumb question, is the one you don't ask.

Sent from my SM-N900A running DynamicKat Xtreme v1.3 by @bri315317

Reactions: AnmiacAndroid

AnmiacAndroid

May 17, 2014
@AnmiacAndroid Here is a list of apps that members have reported to be safe to freeze. Remember, just freeze them and don't uninstall them. Please research how to use Titanium Backup Pro. Check Youtube for a how - to video. Good luck. Also, the only dumb question, is the one you don't ask.

Sent from my SM-N900A running DynamicKat Xtreme v1.3 by @bri315317

Would you please provide the link of the list which you have stated above ?

Reactions: rawhide85

AnmiacAndroid

May 17, 2014
Ok. I have a small problem rooting my wife's phone. The kingo said the root is failed but I still have supersu and I can install titanium back up app. Do I need to root it again to make sure it run smoothly ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
You can install any root app without root. Doesn't mean you have root.

Get root checker from the play store.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
By the time this happens it will no longer matter. The Note 4 will probably be out by Aug or Sept

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda premium

That comment fits your name.

And just because a new device launches, doesn't mean the previous model just shuts down and becomes worthless. Not to everyone will jump to the new device. Some can't afford it and have to wait for either money, or an upgrade.

That attitude is what kills development. It may not matter to you, or Joe Blow in a different device forum, but it will still be important to a ton of us. Even those of us (myself included) who plan on upgrading on launch day. Development doesn't stop with new releases.

hajjikoko

Feb 4, 2014
I agree even with Not3 4 coming out the Note 3 is still solid and should still be for a good 2-3 years.

32gb storage, 3gb ram, 1080p display, S-pen and 2.3 snapdragon 800... we've reached a point where any more powerful hardware is overkill..

Perhaps to compensate for more and more bloat with locked/unrootable OS updates...

Some peeps are still rocking S3's to show you that hardware that is a couple of years old can still be relevant...

As of the snapdragon 600/800 I think we've finally reached a plateau hardware-wise.

Please correct me if I'm wrong cheers peeps!

jeromekobriger

Nov 8, 2008
Racine, WI
That comment fits your name.

And just because a new device launches, doesn't mean the previous model just shuts down and becomes worthless. Not to everyone will jump to the new device. Some can't afford it and have to wait for either money, or an upgrade.

That attitude is what kills development. It may not matter to you, or Joe Blow in a different device forum, but it will still be important to a ton of us. Even those of us (myself included) who plan on upgrading on launch day. Development doesn't stop with new releases.

Not to mention, if we let this defeat us, Samsung will just keep using the same method to block us in the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirmed and working great on my AT&T Note 3

http://www.kingoapp.com/

Does not trip the knox counter

No factory reset, no wiping data.

Easy as one click root.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kingo Root, a Tool/Utility for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    b0Ne83

Version Information

Created 2013-11-03
    Last Updated 2013-11-03
    Take a pill, both of you. Thread cleaned.

In that note, censorship isn't what we do. What we do is provide a clean, friendly environment for development related discussion. Threads that stay from the original intent get cleaned, as does rude, disrespectful comments.

Let's keep this thread on topic.
    Thanks.
    You get every answer you want except for the question you asked; so can you root 4.4.2 with Kingo Root or not? It really is a simple yes or no question that results in simple yes or no answer.

Thanks,

No.
    Hmm. The links to the older 1.1.18 version of Kingo are no longer up. Anyone have an alternate DL link? 1.2.0 is stalling on " Checking device for root" for me on NB4.

http://raduque.com/android_root_v1.1.8.exe
    Like the post above, are people not able to receive the OTA 4.4.2 update successfully because they have once rooted using the Kingo Root method?

Taking a look in the 442 discussion thread this oddly is what everyone's talking about. Including THIS reply which seems to answer your question spot on...

Updated to 4.4.2 successfully with rooted NB4.

I was on NB4 rooted with Kingo 1.18. No custom recovery, just a simple root. Had SuperSU, ES File Explorer and Titanium Backup installed (that required root). Had bunch bloatware (AT&T and Sumsung apps) frozen using Titanium. I unfroze At&T Software Update, FW Upgrade, and Local FOTA. Enabled SuperSU survival mode, then proceeded with the upgrade with no issues.

Things to note, I did loose root after 4.4.2 update. I never flashed any custom rom or leaked rom on this phone. On rooted NB4, the boot screen said Custom, now it simply show Samsung Galaxy Note 3 logo. I did NOT have to uninstall root before applying 4.4.2 update.

So you DO NOT need to uninstall kingo 1.18 NB4 root before the update, those of you with custom recovery, safestrap etc maybe running into other issues unrelated to root causing the update to fail.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone