Kingo Root

Search This thread

RewitZer

May 19, 2013
Didn't work att note 3 sm-900a

All this app did is install apps that I didn't want and failed to root my phone. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900A Andriod V.5.0:mad:

zzdavidzz

Mar 8, 2016
5.0 or 5.1 ready?

Does anyone know if this is working for 5.0 or 5.1? did not seem to work for mine on 5.0. or could someone tell me if its going to be release soon?

Twantuck

Feb 23, 2017
I have a Samsung note 3 and it's on lollipop 5.0 so far nothing I do will root my phone I don't have a PC so i tried all the apks that root without PC and nothing is working can u help me

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
Note 3 att is pretty much a dead forum.

If I recall correctly you need to be on nc2 then use geohots towelroot.

From there if you want to update you'd need to use safe strap.

If you are not on nc2 I THINK you can use chainfires flashfire app to downgrade your phone to nc2. But it's been a while since I looked into this stuff. I recommend YouTube of these forums are not useful

Jdx890

Apr 18, 2017
I don't have a lot of experience with rooting my phones. I like to try and do it the best way is their any advantages to using a one click root type app over using a pc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirmed and working great on my AT&T Note 3

http://www.kingoapp.com/

Does not trip the knox counter

No factory reset, no wiping data.

Easy as one click root.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Kingo Root, a Tool/Utility for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    b0Ne83

Version Information

Created 2013-11-03
    Last Updated 2013-11-03
    Take a pill, both of you. Thread cleaned.

In that note, censorship isn't what we do. What we do is provide a clean, friendly environment for development related discussion. Threads that stay from the original intent get cleaned, as does rude, disrespectful comments.

Let's keep this thread on topic.
    Thanks.
    You get every answer you want except for the question you asked; so can you root 4.4.2 with Kingo Root or not? It really is a simple yes or no question that results in simple yes or no answer.

Thanks,

No.
    Hmm. The links to the older 1.1.18 version of Kingo are no longer up. Anyone have an alternate DL link? 1.2.0 is stalling on " Checking device for root" for me on NB4.

http://raduque.com/android_root_v1.1.8.exe
    Like the post above, are people not able to receive the OTA 4.4.2 update successfully because they have once rooted using the Kingo Root method?

Taking a look in the 442 discussion thread this oddly is what everyone's talking about. Including THIS reply which seems to answer your question spot on...

Updated to 4.4.2 successfully with rooted NB4.

I was on NB4 rooted with Kingo 1.18. No custom recovery, just a simple root. Had SuperSU, ES File Explorer and Titanium Backup installed (that required root). Had bunch bloatware (AT&T and Sumsung apps) frozen using Titanium. I unfroze At&T Software Update, FW Upgrade, and Local FOTA. Enabled SuperSU survival mode, then proceeded with the upgrade with no issues.

Things to note, I did loose root after 4.4.2 update. I never flashed any custom rom or leaked rom on this phone. On rooted NB4, the boot screen said Custom, now it simply show Samsung Galaxy Note 3 logo. I did NOT have to uninstall root before applying 4.4.2 update.

So you DO NOT need to uninstall kingo 1.18 NB4 root before the update, those of you with custom recovery, safestrap etc maybe running into other issues unrelated to root causing the update to fail.