(Kingroot problem) WiFi - Warning stay away from Kingroot

Search This thread

edthedread

May 20, 2012
Hi

So, I have a problem and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice.

After rooting with Kingroot my Z1C cannot connect to 2.5ghz access points because of an authentication issue. It will connect to 5ghz but that will also occasionally drop out.

I have tried flashing back to stock and doing a repair of the phone, resetting TA and locking bootloader.. flashing all manner of roms and wiping system, use data, etc. The problem persists.

I think Kingroot must have messed with an obscure part of the phones system partitions and messed up some wifi data. does anyone have advise on how I can trouble shoot this?

Regards and Thank

edthedread

May 20, 2012
Okay fixed, so anyone else who wants to root with king root, doing 1 of these three things has fixed the problem,

1. delete /supersu from within twrp
2. run fix selinus permissions from within twrp (->advenaced->fix contexts)
3. repair file system for /system

Last edited:
Reactions: Turner572

enok82

Dec 8, 2008
I just rooted using KingRoot for PC.
My Z1C is otherwise untouched.
I have yet had no issues connecting to my 2.4GHz WiFi.

edthedread

May 20, 2012
First of all thanks a lot for replying. Perhaps it was the 'optimization' app that also installed with KR. Silly me for running it.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to look at a logcat for me? I cannot find out the problem. Perhaps its related to selinux, kernel or wlan firmware since I can temporarily connect to 2.4ghz when I run "fix contexts" in trwp.

I'm going to experiment with kernals and selinux to see if I can get any improvement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay fixed, so anyone else who wants to root with king root, doing 1 of these three things has fixed the problem,

1. delete /supersu from within twrp
    2. run fix selinus permissions from within twrp (->advenaced->fix contexts)
    3. repair file system for /system