KingWear GV08 GT08 KW18 KW88 3G+WIFI+GPS+google service Bluetooth Smart Watch Phone

Search This thread

DroidDarkKnight

Feb 12, 2018
Supersu and Xposed

I've recently acquired myself a kw88 and decided to do some playing around. I rooted with Kingroot later to replace with Supersu. I figured why stop there. I was nervous at the idea of bootloop or even worse but iinstalled Xposed framework with no issues. Its been a fun little watch to play with.

Jorge Moreira

Dec 24, 2010
Porto
I've recently acquired myself a kw88 and decided to do some playing around. I rooted with Kingroot later to replace with Supersu. I figured why stop there. I was nervous at the idea of bootloop or even worse but iinstalled Xposed framework with no issues. Its been a fun little watch to play with.

Hi,
How you replace the KINGROOT by Supersu with the binary?

DroidDarkKnight

Feb 12, 2018
Well first I tried Supersume but had no luck. Eventually I found a zip and script called "replace kingroot with supersu". I believe I found it on XDA. Downloaded terminal emulator ran the script and it was done.

Jorge Moreira

Dec 24, 2010
Porto
Well first I tried Supersume but had no luck. Eventually I found a zip and script called "replace kingroot with supersu". I believe I found it on XDA. Downloaded terminal emulator ran the script and it was done.

I already have supersu working on my kw88. After a few attempts, because It always made errors, I did.

Thanks, :highfive:
Jorge Moreira

Last edited:

elmalote

Dec 15, 2007
https://static3.wareable.com/media/imager/25115-87a5c0e53a14e8ed926dd645b7afbfcf.jpg
same watch as kw88 . does anyone knows how to installAsteroidOS on kw88?

i was reading a article today 8/24 (AsteroidOS finally gets its own smartwatch with the Connect Watch) which is the same as kw88.

According to their docs https://asteroidos.org/wiki/porting-status/
It sadly states "Other low-end smartwatches using cheap Mediatek SoCs aren’t able to run a Linux kernel and can’t be supported by AsteroidOS".
So they must be using another SoC.

Cyberbeak

Mar 24, 2018
KW88 vs. Zeblaze Thor - Universal Launcher

Hi folks,

I’m hoping there is someone with the same experience I’m having, or at least someone who could explain what happening. I have both the KW88 and the Zeblaze Thor watches. I believe they have the same processors (MTK6580) but they behave differently with the Universal Launcher installed. On the KW88 I am able to long press and sort through all my saved watch faces. When I find one I like, I long press again and that becomes the new face. This is the desired behavior. On the Zeblaze Thor, I can long press and see my selection of watches, but when I select one, it doesn’t take effect until I reboot the watch. No matter which face I choose, it always reverts back to the original face until a reboot. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what is happening and/or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Another question:

With the universal launcher installed, many of the buttons previously inactive on faces in the clockskin folder are now active. But not all of them. Is there a way of telling which faces will be supported by the launcher? Also, how does one go about installing a face from Watchmaker? You can’t use cloud sync. Do you download the faces from the Watchmaker page and copy them into the clockskin directory ?

Thanks

orelgta16

Apr 15, 2018
k88 app

Hello !!
I recently bought the kingwear k88 and wanted to know if it has an app that can respond to whatsapp and sms messages on my LG g6 with a bluetooth connection
*The app that I have (wiiwatch) only shows the alerts and does not have the option to respond to the messages and when I charge the phone every second the watch bounces and vibrates from Jesus can help me I've already searched a lot of apps but no one connects to the watch:(

bakerk

May 29, 2004
orpington
I have a new KW88 and it won't stay connected to a phone... I have tried with a Chinese android and now a new s8 plus, it disconnects and reconnects on it's own every few seconds and the vibration when it does it really winds me up.. I have contacted the person on ebay I bought it from but not getting much joy from them.. I have used 5 different apps to connect it but makes no difference. Currently it sits in the box.
Does anybody on this thread have one that actually works?

hmartinus77

Jul 16, 2017
Hello !!
I recently bought the kingwear k88 and wanted to know if it has an app that can respond to whatsapp and sms messages on my LG g6 with a bluetooth connection
*The app that I have (wiiwatch) only shows the alerts and does not have the option to respond to the messages and when I charge the phone every second the watch bounces and vibrates from Jesus can help me I've already searched a lot of apps but no one connects to the watch:(

Try the m2d apps...you should install m2d sender + m2d bluetooth manager in your phone, and m2d receiver + m2d bluetooth manager in your KW88.
I've tried this apps and works well...the downside is you can't control your phone camera and music apps because you can't use the native apps + wiiwatch if you use these apps.

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
The other problem is the battery drain using these apps.
The built-in WiiWatch app is good if you have the kw88 pro... But you can't use it to reply to messages.
If you have the m6580 kw88 running Android 5.1 you can use the BT connection for making calls through your phone.. But not with the KW88 Pro...

Pradhunna

Dec 9, 2017
I have KW88 Pro and can't sign in to google. I knw it's a Chinese Rom with Android 7 in it.. but Im sure there is a way to get connected to google some how.. Kindly help me in this matter..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom watchfaces possible on KW88

For those who are not aware of this. I was able to change the launcher and with the help of widgets use my own clockfaces on the KW88 and for a fact every Android watch. Also tested it on the IQI I2 and it works flawless.
    Here the link to a week old video. Meanwhile a lot has happened and the procedures have been tuned and apps have been selected that work best.
    A new video with all the options and how-to's is in the making.

Also I've been testing and modifying some existing watchfaces to see what's possible:

Here's the redesign and modification of an existing design of an Osprey V-22 watch-face.
    I liked the military design and the fact that it had some day and night design for my upcoming day/night patch for Zooper watch-faces.

Some features:
    Glowing hour and minute dials at night.
    Moving airplane rotors with motion blur.
    Glowing rotor tips at night with motion blur.
    Temperature, weather icon ans step-counter in LCD
    LCD with day and night modes.
    Colored Led-bar for Power and WiFi signal strength

I finished programming the watch-face. The graphics are done. I have a working test-version and the rotating props with their shaded motion blur look awesome. Everything listed except for the step-counter works. This problem is being addressed.
    Work is in progress to enable Night and Day watchface. Therefore I've used the V22 watchface design.
    Redesign and programming: +Kenneth Tan

Initial Design V22:
    Michael Palombi & Ken Van Vliet

Here the "OLD" video of the first tests showing that it works in the first place.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbB0fWPbP_g
    Photos taken with watch , a bit overcast here today but for a watch i think they are good.
    First impression

I just got this watch today, via DHL. I contacted Zoe and she replied very fast. I paid the watch via PayPal on monday and 7 days later, I got it to my (EU) address...super fast. Thank you Zoe.
    I got the black color and new firmware installed (factory installed, 07.july).

And here is my first impresion...

PRO

- great looking watch. I own a few smart watches and this is by far the best looking one.
    - very good quality. Both the band and housing are of great quality. It realy surprised me.
    - comfortable. Light and not too big on my wrist...and I have skiny wrists:)
    - fast. No stutter or lag what so ever.
    - Bluetooth for calls and music over headset is working. This was one of the biggest worries I had. I have no desire to look like James Bond while talking to my watch:)
    - speaker on the watch is super loud (compared to other watches I own) and easy to hear even in noisy enviroment
    - camera. Solid pictures from souch a small camera.

CON

- Screen. This CON realy surprised me and I think it is only relevant to my watch and not all of them (screen error, firmware,..?). It is using an AMOLED screen and I expected superior screen to all others I own and it is supposed to be in PRO section. But unfortunately when I try to set up screen brightnes to 75%-100%, the screen gets washed out in blue tint. Very strong discolouration...it is almost unusable. Why would I need to set it up to 100% you ask...well, if I want to use it in direct sunlight, I must increase the brightnes.

One of the worries is battery life. With only 350mah of battery and me using a SIM card and Bluetooth headset, I will have to test it to give an opinion.

All in all I am still very impressed by this smartwatch.
    Hello,
    Can anyone own this watch answer the notification qustion.
    Can I connect kw88 smartwatch to mobile through Bluetooth and reserve mobile notification such as whatapp & can I reply or act on notification.
    I appreciate your quick response.

I can't believe you haven't seen the answer to this already. No - it was never designed to do this. It is a standalone watch phone.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    Just bought a kw88 and I am not impressed. First off the watch will not work on verizon network, so I can't make or receive calls. The battery life is not the greatest and the software is a joke. A stand alone watch only if you are on another network maybe?
    Yes, another GSM network. I used the freedompop Sim which is either AT&T or tmobile
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone