• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KINZIE] SailfishOS

Search This thread

Mister_Magister

Jun 3, 2013
THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON KINZIE AKA MOTO X FORCE!

Warning: Flashing this may void your device’s warranty, lead
to data loss, hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage, and therefore
must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated with this project is responsible for your
actions but yourself.

Not working:
  • Hotspot is working but buggy (spam turn on a bit and it should work)
  • Camera recording
  • maybe some minor bugs

To get store working set password in developer tools and then run in terminal "devel-su zypper ref" then type password and ignore first repo error.

INSTALL:
- download cm13 base
- download rootfs
- [OPTIONAL] flash Jolla bootlogo :)
- wipe everything (data/dalvik/system/cache you know)
- Install cm13
- Install rootfs
- Boot
- Reboot after first boot to have audio control fixed
- Have fun

Changelog:
BUILD 3:
  • Initial public release
STABLE 1:
  • Fixed usb networking
  • Fixed led
  • Fixed audio volume control
STABLE 2:
  • Update to 2.2.0.29
STABLE 3:
  • Update to 2.2.1.18
STABLE 4:
  • Update to 3.0.0.8
  • Fixed cpu hotplug settings (i thought i added it already sry) so it will now work A LOT BETTER

F.A.Q.

OTA
Run in terminal:
Code:
devel-su ssu re 3.0.0.8
devel-su ssu ar adaptation-community http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/motorola:/kinzie/sailfishos_3.0.0.8/
devel-su ssu ar adaptation-community-common http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.0.0.8/
devel-su zypper clean -a
devel-su zypper ref -f
version --dup
reboot phone

HOW TO REPORT BUG
After bug occurs type in the terminal following commands:
/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat
devel-su dmesg
devel-su journalctl
and give me logs from there (do not paste it in the post! Use pastebin.com)
devel-su will ask you for password, you can set it in developer tools.

Many thanks to mal and other people on #sailfishos-porters IRC channel that helped me.

XDA:DevDB Information
SailfishOS, ROM for the Droid Turbo 2

Contributors
Mister_Magister
Source Code: https://github.com/VerdandiTeam

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: SailfishOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 4

Created 2017-08-30
Last Updated 2018-11-10

luccas_bandeira

Aug 27, 2016
I did not criticize the expensive system, I just wanted to show some screenshots that I took when I installed the OS.
but the forum does not allow new users to post external links with less than 10 postangens.

;)

lfc222222

Mar 22, 2016
next question: do you intend to have Dalvik work on any future device port you are trying to fund?
If so, how do you pick devices? (Ok, that’s 2...)

Mister_Magister

Jun 3, 2013
next question: do you intend to have Dalvik work on any future device port you are trying to fund?

Aliendalvik not dalvik that's first. Aliendalvik is avaliable only for official devices, it just happened to work on kinzie too (just needed to change some file). I was planning to port anbox for this and any other device but it's currently almost not working and it's hard :/

How do i choose devices? Well i love motorolas because they're very very easy to port so i'm sure they will work. I'm throwing away brands that i hate/i know sfos would not work on them. My 2 crowdfunding campaigns covers moto x style and huawei p8 lite it was almost choosed by people (i picked them from sailfishos port request page). I'll by for myself from my money moto x 1 and x2 cuz i love them :D X force was choosed because it was very interesting device and also it's probably one of the most powerful sfos powered device rn so i wanted to show people that not only ultra old devices have sfos but newest ones too (well x force is 2 years old but still have great specs). so yeah once anbox get usable i'll try to port on x force and every device that i have/will have

Reactions: lfc222222

Woermel

Dec 5, 2016
A question: can this sailfish version on the device be updated OTA to the latest version?
Or will it be stuck at version 2.1.1.26 built5? Many thanks and best wished

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS WILL ONLY WORK ON KINZIE AKA MOTO X FORCE!

Warning: Flashing this may void your device’s warranty, lead
    to data loss, hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage, and therefore
    must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated with this project is responsible for your
    actions but yourself.

Not working:
    • Hotspot is working but buggy (spam turn on a bit and it should work)
    • Camera recording
    • maybe some minor bugs

To get store working set password in developer tools and then run in terminal "devel-su zypper ref" then type password and ignore first repo error.

INSTALL:
    - download cm13 base
    - download rootfs
    - [OPTIONAL] flash Jolla bootlogo :)
    - wipe everything (data/dalvik/system/cache you know)
    - Install cm13
    - Install rootfs
    - Boot
    - Reboot after first boot to have audio control fixed
    - Have fun

Changelog:
    BUILD 3:
    • Initial public release
    STABLE 1:
    • Fixed usb networking
    • Fixed led
    • Fixed audio volume control
    STABLE 2:
    • Update to 2.2.0.29
    STABLE 3:
    • Update to 2.2.1.18
    STABLE 4:
    • Update to 3.0.0.8
    • Fixed cpu hotplug settings (i thought i added it already sry) so it will now work A LOT BETTER

F.A.Q.

OTA
    Run in terminal:
    Code:
    devel-su ssu re 3.0.0.8
    devel-su ssu ar adaptation-community http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/motorola:/kinzie/sailfishos_3.0.0.8/
    devel-su ssu ar adaptation-community-common http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.0.0.8/
    devel-su zypper clean -a
    devel-su zypper ref -f
    version --dup
    reboot phone

HOW TO REPORT BUG
    After bug occurs type in the terminal following commands:
    /usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat
    devel-su dmesg
    devel-su journalctl
    and give me logs from there (do not paste it in the post! Use pastebin.com)
    devel-su will ask you for password, you can set it in developer tools.

Many thanks to mal and other people on #sailfishos-porters IRC channel that helped me.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SailfishOS, ROM for the Droid Turbo 2

Contributors
    Mister_Magister
    Source Code: https://github.com/VerdandiTeam

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: SailfishOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 4

Created 2017-08-30
    Last Updated 2018-11-10
    Guys i got bt turned on (nothing else but turning on/off works but it turns on!) And also doing some weird stuff with kernel :D will try also fix camera recording

Aliendalvik not dalvik that's first. Aliendalvik is avaliable only for official devices, it just happened to work on kinzie too (just needed to change some file). I was planning to port anbox for this and any other device but it's currently almost not working and it's hard :/

How do i choose devices? Well i love motorolas because they're very very easy to port so i'm sure they will work. I'm throwing away brands that i hate/i know sfos would not work on them. My 2 crowdfunding campaigns covers moto x style and huawei p8 lite it was almost choosed by people (i picked them from sailfishos port request page). I'll by for myself from my money moto x 1 and x2 cuz i love them :D X force was choosed because it was very interesting device and also it's probably one of the most powerful sfos powered device rn so i wanted to show people that not only ultra old devices have sfos but newest ones too (well x force is 2 years old but still have great specs). so yeah once anbox get usable i'll try to port on x force and every device that i have/will have
    A question: can this sailfish version on the device be updated OTA to the latest version?
    Or will it be stuck at version 2.1.1.26 built5? Many thanks and best wished

There will be non ota update to 2.1.3 once my phone get fixed. cant do ota untill it gets fixed
    Just to make shure that I understood it correctly: if I install the rom from post #1, I will have Sailfish 2.1.1.86. Can I in my device then OTA update to current 2.1.3 independent of your device?

many thanks and best wishes

Nope? Can you see any OTA instructions? Because i can't :)

When my device will come back i'll release image with OTA support (no, actual images don't have OTA support) and it will be 2.1.3 version :) To the versions after that you will be able to OTA :)