kit kat update

CWAIN

Aug 19, 2010
Is there anyway i can update it through odin as my phone region is KSA and we never get updates?
I bet you should see if the custom development will finally start after this update. If there will be enough safe ways to root and flash, you'll be good to go. But definitely not tomorrow, not even this month.

Last edited:

Omar_Moustafa

Aug 18, 2014
Benha
I bet you should see if the development will finally start after this update. If there will be enough safe ways to root and flash, you'll be good to go. But definitely not tomorrow, not even this month.
I will try to change the region of my phone and then update with KIES or OTA

Is there any tutorial for that?
P.S: I haven't rooted my phone yet

Last edited:

CWAIN

Aug 19, 2010
I will try to change the region of my phone and then update with KIES or OTA

Is there any tutorial for that?
P.S: I haven't rooted my phone yet
You are better to hold before there will be a complete, nice and clear guide for doing everything safely. There isn't one yet and one could only hope for it to appear there sometime. I would never recommend anyone to do anything unsafe with such a wonderful phone as ours.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Kit update is on now
File size 495 mb
Ota update:p

@pratapsingh
I think we're safe to say it's only for N750 by far. Can you update the topic title please?

Deltastylez

Aug 18, 2014
You are better to hold before there will be a complete, nice and clear guide for doing everything safely. There isn't one yet and one could only hope for it to appear there sometime. I would never recommend anyone to do anything unsafe with such a wonderful phone as ours.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

@pratapsingh
I think we're safe to say it's only for N750 by far. Can you update the topic title please?

I really hope the n7505 version will come out today or even this week :)

dsader

May 19, 2014
Hi All,

Do you think Note 3 Neo Duos (N7502) will get this update too? I have one and I have been desperately waiting for the update to unlock the potential of my new Gear Fit.

Thank,
Dani

Reactions: amokyuubchi

Evil Eye

Apr 4, 2006
Ahmedabad
Hi All,

Do you think Note 3 Neo Duos (N7502) will get this update too? I have one and I have been desperately waiting for the update to unlock the potential of my new Gear Fit.

Thank,
Dani
I reckon they will release it for the Duos version too.. You may have to wait for few days though..

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: dsader

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
@Evil Eye
As you've installed update, could you share details like PDA,MODEM, Build date etc? Probably a screenshot of About screen would be nice as I've rooted my phone and need to manually flash the firmware via Odin.

The update is still nowhere visible yet on sammobile or samsungupdates website. :(

Evil Eye

Apr 4, 2006
Ahmedabad
@Evil Eye
As you've installed update, could you share details like PDA,MODEM, Build date etc? Probably a screenshot of About screen would be nice as I've rooted my phone and need to manually flash the firmware via Odin.

The update is still nowhere visible yet on sammobile or samsungupdates website. :(
Here you go.. have attached the screenshot. .

Attachments

Reactions: rakeshishere

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
@Evil Eye
Thanks for quick reply and could you kindly check if Samsung has provided Display Profiles/Preset (Standard, Dynamic, Adapt display) in Kitkat update.? Also does update give any missing features like Spen Keeper and Macro Focus in Camera ?

Evil Eye

Apr 4, 2006
Ahmedabad
@Evil Eye
Thanks for quick reply and could you kindly check if Samsung has provided Display Profiles/Preset (Standard, Dynamic, Adapt display) in Kitkat update.? Also does update give any missing features like Spen Keeper and Macro Focus in Camera ?
Display profiles aren't there.. :( neither the spen keeper nor macro focus is there..

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

upddted to kk still lock screen flickering is there:mad:
Thats surprising.. mine doesnt flicker.. try resetting phone's cache..

Reactions: rakeshishere

hsahin4

Jan 14, 2011
İstanbul
Display profiles aren't there.. :( neither the spen keeper nor macro focus is there..

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

May be you can try to do hard reset to get rid of these problems.
What can you say about smoothness and response times?

Evil Eye

Apr 4, 2006
Ahmedabad
@Gintu do this

Turn off the phone.
Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
In the recovery menu, navigate to ‘’wipe cache partition’’ with the volume buttons.
Press power button to confirm.
Once this is done, select reboot system now.

Reactions: donelio and Gintu

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011

Pathetic!! [emoji31] [emoji34] [emoji35]

It's confirmed now Samsung has deliberately crippled these features just because it's a Neo variant. Had a lot of hopes from Samsung that kitkat update would include these features.

Evil Eye

Apr 4, 2006
Ahmedabad
Pathetic!! [emoji31] [emoji34] [emoji35]

It's confirmed now Samsung has deliberately crippled these features just because it's a Neo variant. Had a lot of hopes from Samsung that kitkat update would include these features.
I second that.. they could have easily put the display profiles atleast.. but they didn't :(