• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KITCHEN] COFFEE SHOP v2.1 w/ HTC-SENSE support

Search This thread

montraydavis

Jul 24, 2010
Welcome to COFFEE SHOP v2.x; Your favorite KITCHEN for HD2 Android

COFFEE SHOP - creating your own HD2|ANDROID roms :) (2.1 only)
  • HTC SENSE supported
  • Desire base
  • Froyo base
  • ECLAIR base
  • Evo base ( but is very unstable )

If your base is not listed above, that does not mean that it is not compatible with your ROM. While I have not tested other roms, I suspect that most roms are similar enough that they should all be compatible (to some degree).[ Some features MIGHT be restricted such as Camera. Test it out, and report back for the convenience.

How do I use it?
  • Read the second post :)
  • Your Android system image (system.img) should go to '/root/of/coffee/shop/bin/environment/image/system.img' < You should create the folder if it doesn't already exist

COFFEE SHOP 2.1 is here! :)

If you have no clue what I said above, there really is no point of attempting, unless of course you want to learn :)

Download: v2.1

Last edited:

montraydavis

Jul 24, 2010
COFFEE SHOP -Tips:
Before starting, you will need any supported Android Image. Download it, and save it to the root of your COFFEE SHOP directory. Extract the "system.img" to 'bin/environment/image', which is located inside of the rom ZIP. (Only zip is explained in this guide. However, if you know how to extract from .EXE, by all means, go ahead).

Coffee Shop will do the following
  1. EXTRACT SYSTEM IMG CONTENTS
  2. INSTALL MODULES/APPS/ETC
  3. REPACK SYSTEM+HOUSEKEEPING

You will need one separate dependency
Code:
genext2fs

#in terminal, use the following to install
apt-get install genext2fs

My rom won't work? o_O
Make sure that you have adequate permissions on all coffee shop files!

Use the following command before your first time running COFFEE SHOP!
Code:
chmod 777 -R /path/of/coffee/shop/*

Last edited:

montraydavis

Jul 24, 2010
HOW-TO-USE?(2.1 only)
Using COFFEE SHOP 2.1 is simple as ever!

1. Move your 'system.img' to 'bin/environment/image'
2. Click "Build Android" button
--Your image contents will be extracted
3. Click "Export Android"
--Your system.ext2 will be built and ported to 'bin/environment/port/'

You have the option to install Modules, Apps, HTC-SENSE support ( does not install HTC-SENSE ), or root your rom! Check the boxes according to your preference. More options coming soon!

Last edited:

nordicfastware

Oct 6, 2009
Copenhagen
Welcome to COFFEE SHOP v1; Your favorite KITCHEN for HD2 Android

COFFEE SHOP
  • Allows you to build roms based off most STOCK ECLAIR/FROYO builds
  • Allows you to build roms based off SOME STOCK HERO builds

How do I use it?
  • First, make sure you are on Linux (cygwin MIGHT be supported, but is untested. Anyone who wants to test, and report back, feel free to do so).
  • All you do is simply put your "system.img" file into the COFFEE SHOP root directory, and run the following via terminal

Code:
cd /root/directory/of/coffee/shop
./start.sh

==SETTINGS==
FILE : settings/settings

Code:
#allow root access on rom
root=1

settings are read per line
[variable]=[value], otherwise, it will NOT work. Currently, the only option though is allowing root access. More customization will come later

THIS IS A BETA RELEASE; NO DOCUMENTATION, OR FURTHER HELP UNTIL OFFICIAL COFFEE SHOP HAS BEEN RELEASED.

-THIS BUILDS ONLY THE "system" image :)

If you have no clue what I said above, there really is no point of attempting, unless of course you want to learn :)

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O23ENSB9

Awesome, soon some cooks will put all ingredients in the pot and get a nice flashing ROM out of their stove for many people to enjoy some tasty Froyo on their beloved HD2...

Soooo looking forward !

TacoLoco

Nov 28, 2007
Therefore NAND have to work.. I think people shouldn't call it ROM, until it is something you can flash to NAND..

montraydavis

Jul 24, 2010
gotcha. alright, getting my dual boot going again and then its off to the races!! so glad im off tomorrow!!!
Someone is pretty excited [=

Good luck; Remember, this is a BETA release, so, it's not the BEST rom porting method, but, it's hell of a lot easier than any other one at this moment in time :)

Let me know how it goes;

--On the contrary, folks, feel free to report issues and or make suggestions :)

R

random_username_

Im reinstalling ubuntu now so ill try this right after:D

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
Someone is pretty excited [=

Good luck; Remember, this is a BETA release, so, it's not the BEST rom porting method, but, it's hell of a lot easier than any other one at this moment in time :)

Let me know how it goes;

--On the contrary, folks, feel free to report issues and or make suggestions :)

definitely excited, this sounds like a great idea/tool and I am anxious to try it.

BETA or not, its better than what we have now (next to nothing!!!)

Im reinstalling ubuntu now so ill try this right after:D

likewise... man oh man, i wish i hadnt deleted my ubuntu.iso file a few weeks ago *_*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know I am always in and out on the development of Coffee Shop, but, it's because of college registration and what not, but, a major update is coming soon. I have not halted the development, just haven't made any major releases due to the statement above. ETA: within 48hrs.