[KITCHEN] WP7 Custom ROM Manual Kitchen

Search This thread

xda2_haseeb

Aug 10, 2007
Lahore
I am thinking of making a GUI Kitchen too, but can't promise anything for now ! =(

This is nothing special -- Just packed HTC ROM Image Editor, HV Edit & IMGFS from Dump into a package with some .BAT files to make cooking a basic WP7 Custom ROM easy :)

How to Cook?
Code:
1.Extract part04.bin from Data.zip of any flashable MAGLDR WP7 ROM for HTC HD2
2.Rename part04.bin to part04.nb and put it in the "1.ROM Image Editor" folder
3.Run "htcRIE.exe" & Select part04.nb
4.Select IMGFS in the Left Column, then click on any item in the right column & press "Ctrl+A" to slect All.
5.Now press the "Save Selectd Files" button on the top bar & save the files to the "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump" folder
5a.Again, Select IMGFS in the Left Column and press the "Save Selectd Files" button on the top bar & save the "imgfs.bin" file to the "3.IMGFS from Dump" folder
6.Once saved, goto "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump" & copy the "default.hv" & "user.hv" to the "2.HV Editor" folder
7.Now drag and drop "default.hv" & "user.hv" on "HVEdit.exe"
8.Delete "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump\default.hv" & "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump\user.hv" files
9.Two files will be creatd "default.hvm" & "user.hvm" respectively. Edit them as per your requirement to make Registry changes.
10.Once editing is done, again drag & drop the "default.hvm" and "user.hvm" onto the "HVEdit.exe"
11.Now "default.hv" & "user.hv" will be recreated. Cut & Paste them into "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump" folder & replace the old files.
12.Now run "start.bat" in the "3.IMGFS from Dump" folder
13.Cut and paste the imgfs-out.bin into the "1.ROM Image Editor" folder
14.Make a copy of part04.nb in the same folder & rename it to part04.bin
15.Run the "build.bat" in this folder
16.Now replace the part04.bin file in the "data.zip" with this new creatd part04.bin
17.Flash MAGLDR Rom as you normally would.

Enjoy !!
If you have any problems, share here dont PM me because as this is new so everyone must know problems & there solutions if there are any :)

Note: I or DFT Team or anyone else will not be responsible if this process or any ROM made using this process causes any kind of damage to your any device. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!

Thanks AnDim for great tools

Last edited by a moderator:

xda2_haseeb

Aug 10, 2007
Lahore
Why was it necessary to open a new thread?
All my tools are discussed here:

HD2 Windows Phone Development or how to edit WP7 ROM

If you want something clarified, you can do it in the same thread.

AnDim
Yeah i kind of know about that thread, my apologies if this seemed offending but i thought that thread was for discussions so i posted the KITCHEN in a new thread ...

Noob question ^^

Answer => to make this section the "official xda most messy section" :)

People just don't read :cool:
I actually read but i just didn't felt like posting in that thread, i had a feeling that it wasn't the right place :-(

kondejm

Sep 9, 2010
Manchester
hello.can someone help me.when i try edit default.hv and user.hv by drag and drop nothing not happend.what iam doing wrong?everything else before edit i making correctly.
and second thing.how to change first boot screen on image?ill try edit original first dft rom

Last edited:

xda2_haseeb

Aug 10, 2007
Lahore
hello.can someone help me.when i try edit default.hv and user.hv by drag and drop nothing not happend.what iam doing wrong?everything else before edit i making correctly.
and second thing.how to change first boot screen on image?ill try edit original first dft rom
Nothing would happen except that two files default.hvm & user.hvm will be created in the same folder with default.hv & user.hv

No Problem !! :)

Reactions: X4iVaz

xda2_haseeb

Aug 10, 2007
Lahore

abhavananda

Jan 18, 2009
Well actually if you see i added Andim's name to the thanks because he was the one who gave the way of cooking but by the first i mean that im the first one to give it a shape of a kitchen :)

No sorry dude. I don't see where you're giving him credit or say thanks. Did you ask for his permission to repackage and distribute his tools?

Personally, I would also have felt offended. Andim's reaction is unfortunate, but a loss to the community.

Reactions: Marvlesz and AnDim

xda2_haseeb

Aug 10, 2007
Lahore
No sorry dude. I don't see where you're giving him credit or say thanks. Did you ask for his permission to repackage and distribute his tools?

Personally, I would also have felt offended. Andim's reaction is unfortunate, but a loss to the community.
Excuse me, but his tools? I dont think he was the maker of those tools so technically i didn't need his permission to re-package them ... If you see the first post there it is said clearly that thanks to Andim :) If they really are his tools, then my pardon that i didnt ask ...

You can Follow him here !

abhavananda

Jan 18, 2009
Excuse me, but his tools? I dont think he was the maker of those tools so technically i didn't need his permission to re-package them ... If you see the first post there it is said clearly that thanks to Andim :) If they really are his tools, then my pardon that i didnt ask ...
[/URL]

Yes, it is his tools. You even linked there. So your package now contains an old version of one of the apps he created.

And you only added a rudimentary thanks to Andim today. No on, dude.

xda2_haseeb

Aug 10, 2007
Lahore
Yes, it is his tools. You even linked there. So your package now contains an old version of one of the apps he created.

And you only added a rudimentary thanks to Andim today. No on, dude.
Pardon me then ... if he had asked me politely instead of being angry i could have removed the tools & said the mod to close or remove the thread ... he didn't say a word about it to me ! :-S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am thinking of making a GUI Kitchen too, but can't promise anything for now ! =(

This is nothing special -- Just packed HTC ROM Image Editor, HV Edit & IMGFS from Dump into a package with some .BAT files to make cooking a basic WP7 Custom ROM easy :)

How to Cook?
    Code:
    2.Rename part04.bin to part04.nb and put it in the "1.ROM Image Editor" folder
    4.Select IMGFS in the Left Column, then click on any item in the right column & press "Ctrl+A" to slect All.
    5.Now press the "Save Selectd Files" button on the top bar & save the files to the "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump" folder
    5a.Again, Select IMGFS in the Left Column and press the "Save Selectd Files" button on the top bar & save the "imgfs.bin" file to the "3.IMGFS from Dump" folder
    6.Once saved, goto "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump" & copy the "default.hv" & "user.hv" to the "2.HV Editor" folder
    8.Delete "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump\default.hv" & "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump\user.hv" files
    9.Two files will be creatd "default.hvm" & "user.hvm" respectively. Edit them as per your requirement to make Registry changes.
    10.Once editing is done, again drag & drop the "default.hvm" and "user.hvm" onto the "HVEdit.exe"
    11.Now "default.hv" & "user.hv" will be recreated. Cut & Paste them into "3.IMGFS from Dump\dump" folder & replace the old files.
    12.Now run "start.bat" in the "3.IMGFS from Dump" folder
    13.Cut and paste the imgfs-out.bin into the "1.ROM Image Editor" folder
    14.Make a copy of part04.nb in the same folder & rename it to part04.bin
    15.Run the "build.bat" in this folder
    16.Now replace the part04.bin file in the "data.zip" with this new creatd part04.bin
    17.Flash MAGLDR Rom as you normally would.

Enjoy !!
    If you have any problems, share here dont PM me because as this is new so everyone must know problems & there solutions if there are any :)

Note: I or DFT Team or anyone else will not be responsible if this process or any ROM made using this process causes any kind of damage to your any device. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!

Thanks AnDim for great tools

Why was it necessary to open a new thread?
    All my tools are discussed here:

If you want something clarified, you can do it in the same thread.

AnDim
    NEW WP7 Custom ROM Manual Kitchen

Code:
    Thanks By Xda2_Haseeb and By Andim

2.Rename part04.bin to part04.nb and put it in the "1.ROM_Image_Editor" folder
    5.Now press the "Save Selectd Files" button on the top bar & save the files to the "3.IMGFS_from_Dump\dump" folder
    5a.Again, Select IMGFS in the Left Column and press the "Save Selectd Files" button on the top bar & save the "imgfs.bin" file to the "3.IMGFS_from_Dump" folder
    6.Once saved, goto "3.IMGFS_from_Dump\dump" & copy the "default.hv" & "user.hv" to the "2.HV Editor" folder
    8.Delete "3.IMGFS_from_Dump\dump\default.hv" & "3.IMGFS_from_Dump\dump\user.hv" files
    11.Now "default.hv" & "user.hv" will be recreated. Cut & Paste them into "3.IMGFS_from_Dump\dump" folder & replace the old files.
    13.Now run 3.IMGFS_from_Dump "cmd.bat" in the "WP7 Custom ROM Manual Kitchen" folder
    14.Now replace the part04.bin file in the "data.zip" with this new creatd part04.bin
    15.Flash MAGLDR Rom as you normally would.

Enjoy !!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Well actually if you see i added Andim's name to the thanks because he was the one who gave the way of cooking but by the first i mean that im the first one to give it a shape of a kitchen :)

Nothing would happen except that two files default.hvm & user.hvm will be created in the same folder with default.hv & user.hv

No Problem !! :)