• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

KitKat and Gear

Search This thread

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
From my reading KitKat, is designed to work on devices with as little as 512 kb of RAM, has bluetooth improvements.
For these reasons would it not be in Samsung's interest to upgrade the Gear to KitKat?

It is not a phone and so Samsung does not need carrier approval, they can just update the firmware.

When do you think a upgrade will happen?

I am thinking maybe 3 or 4 months, my guess.

freefalling0411

Oct 29, 2013
Between lost and found
From my reading KitKat, is designed to work on devices with as little as 512 kb of RAM, has bluetooth improvements.
For these reasons would it not be in Samsung's interest to upgrade the Gear to KitKat?

It is not a phone and so Samsung does not need carrier approval, they can just update the firmware.

When do you think a upgrade will happen?

I am thinking maybe 3 or 4 months, my guess.

By 3-4 months. There will probably be another gear out

Sent from my SM-N900V using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
By 3-4 months. There will probably be another gear out

Doubt it,

Upgrade cycles are about a year.
Anything less angers people.

The device is just about perfect anyway, nothing new they can do, but at the end of the day it does not matter Samsung can still and should keep up to date existing "New" products.

You buy a Gear in November and in January, Samsung says sorry it is obsolete ??
I think that would anger a few people, myself included.

freefalling0411

Oct 29, 2013
Between lost and found
Bro thinking about it. They have more returns. Then people buying them. There will be a gear 2. Soon. With Google and apple coming out with one. Samsung will not keep themselves in the dark.

alprazolam

Apr 19, 2009
Bro thinking about it. They have more returns. Then people buying them. There will be a gear 2. Soon. With Google and apple coming out with one. Samsung will not keep themselves in the dark.

I say nothing from Apple until at least May. Same for the Gear 2. I'd like to see 4.4 on this watch. The watch we have has the ability to do more. It's just a matter of updating software.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010

Doubt the return thing.
PC Magazine says 30%, high granted but more reason to clamp down and give us a update.

freefalling0411

Oct 29, 2013
Between lost and found
Doubt it,

Upgrade cycles are about a year.
Anything less angers people.

The device is just about perfect anyway, nothing new they can do, but at the end of the day it does not matter Samsung can still and should keep up to date existing "New" products.

You buy a Gear in November and in January, Samsung says sorry it is obsolete ??
I think that would anger a few people, myself included.

Lmfao. Remember when we talked about Sammy bringing gear 2. Won't be till next year around. Might want to read this. S5 is coming out with gear 2.

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/11/27/from-g-shock-to-galaxy-gear-in-2-months/