KitKat battery drain fix

Search This thread

doghous

Sep 17, 2010
Amsterdam
www.vwclub.gr
I use .84 Version on my xperia Z. after 2 days everything OK
(+ Clear cache + Clear data for Google play service)

I also noticed yesterday that my XZ got .84 version. I just did a clear cache, clear data for google play service as unix72 and I really hope that this will fix the issue because I've been thinking lately of accidentally breaking the XZ to get a new phone :silly:

J-Hope

Feb 21, 2012
Battery drain started with *.84, worked fine up to the *.82 on Nexus 4 with AOKP.
What happens if I clear the data and the cache in Google Play Services? May I lose the account or any data in the apps?

Edit: I forgot to mention that the broken deep sleep is caused by SystemUpdateService

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

andymg350

Jun 19, 2013
Stockton-On-Tees
I used AppOps from Xposed as suggested somewhere on my gfs Xz and it showed location was the culprit causing battery drain from Google play services so I turned it off and now battery drain is gone

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tomasso32

Nov 7, 2011
Sydney
Battery drain started with *.84, worked fine up to the *.82 on Nexus 4 with AOKP.
What happens if I clear the data and the cache in Google Play Services? May I lose the account or any data in the apps?

Edit: I forgot to mention that the broken deep sleep is caused by SystemUpdateService

Thank you in advance.

Deleting cache and "managing data" delete all (for Google Play Services) had no effects I could see. Apart from massive drop in battery consumption...

Last edited:

mc.watershed

Jul 1, 2012
Installed Google Play Services .84, cleared cache, but after 4 hours with Location Services abilitate battery drain comes again.
Now i've cleared cache again and turned off Location Services...
Maybe an update from Sony will fix this problem...

Sossa_A4

Jun 17, 2014
I also disabled google plus, Google play books, Google play games, and google play movies. Before disabling, I cleared the apps cache and data and deleted the updates. (Also disabled socialife ). No drain and batterylife back to normal :)

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1404569520215.jpg
    1404569520215.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 559

gerickjohn

May 29, 2011
I also disabled google plus, Google play books, Google play games, and google play movies. Before disabling, I cleared the apps cache and data and deleted the updates. (Also disabled socialife ). No drain and batterylife back to normal :)

I had pretty much the same experience when I updated Google Play Services to 5.0.82. Since it auto updated to 5.0.84 all kinds of wake locks started happening.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-05-23-09-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-05-23-09-21.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 476
  • Screenshot_2014-07-05-02-09-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-05-02-09-28.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 476

emillio_86

Dec 26, 2012
Hamburg
Huawei Mate 20 X
The true is nothing is really working.... It works for a day and the battery drain is there again.... Today Google Play services eated 98% of the battery... And the hole previous week I had no drain at all...
And yes I'm wit .84 version...

Last edited:

xchasa

Dec 29, 2010
After clearing cache and wiping data in play app, I've had amazing battery life for well over a week now.
Actually, the best I've ever had on any phone.
Gps,Wifi,location, google + all on too.
Don't know why some are still having the issues really.
When I did the wipes, it was advised to charge to 100% too, so if anyone is still having issues, try that sequence.

xchasa

Dec 29, 2010
After clearing cache and wiping data in play app, I've had amazing battery life for well over a week now.
Actually, the best I've ever had on any phone.
Gps,Wifi,location, google + all on too.
Don't know why some are still having the issues really.
When I did the wipes, it was advised to charge to 100% too, so if anyone is still having issues, try that sequence.

Attachments

• 1404638040439.jpg
    1404638040439.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 519

Sargos76

Oct 31, 2013
Sesimbra
Android 4.4.4 Update for Sony Xperia Z

Sony has recently started rolling out Android 4.4.4 update for three of its smartphones; Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra.
Though Android 4.4.4 is not a major update and is only minor one with few bug fixes but still Sony fans from all over the world are anxiously waiting for this update.

sony-kitkat-300x168.jpg

Especially the users of Sony Xperia Z are curious to know if Sony will roll out Android 4.4.4 update for Sony Xperia Z or not.
Wel, for all the Xperia Z users we have a great news. Sony has planned to roll out Android 4.4.4 update for Sony Xperia Z as well. However, the exact date is not known as of yet.
According to the inside sources, Sony believes that its last year flagship should get the latest Android 4.4.4 as it fixes few major bugs.

This new update will most probably be available to download by the mid of August. Android 4.4.4 update for Sony Xperia Z will not only improve the overall performance of the device but will also ensure that the battery drain issue is resolved.
With the roll out of Android 4.4.4 update for Sony Xperia Z we might witness an end to future updates for the last year flagship.
However, it’s still too early to say.

Source:
http://smartphonetechie.com/android-4-4-4-update-sony-xperia-z/

Hope it's going to be..

Sony Xperia Z / C6603 LTE / Root/LB via Tapatalk

gigacats

Jun 17, 2012
Bandung
Hei guys, I'm xzl user and this issue also plagued me until now. I discovered something, everytime the battery drain happened, I realize that my phone can't fix location which is set by mobile network (gps is working). So when I entering maps, my current location become unknown (gray color) until gps is locked.

After do reboot my location via mobile network become available again. So my conclusion is battery drain happen because the phone can't find location via mobile network

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've tried this and its work for me.

1) Download Xposed installer from google store
    2) Download WakeLock Terminator and add module to Xposed
    3) Find Google Play Service in Terminator and set filter:

NetworkLocationLocator
    NIpCollectorWakeLock
    Checkin Service
    NIpWakeLock
    WakefullIntentService[GCoreUIr-LocationReportingService]
    If anyone is still having battery drain issues i've used the following method from khan663399 which seems to be working for me. Original link here is you want to thank him :D : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53030579&postcount=421

Download AppOpsXposed : http://repo.xposed.info/module/at.jclehner.appopsxposed

After install go to Settings>App Ops>Location>Google Play Services, Then scroll down to 'keep awake' and deactivate it. (I also did the same for Google Search)

picture.php
    picture.php

Unlike other wakelock terminators, this method doesn't cause fc of play services.

All credits go to khan663399 for this method :good:
    This is because you have disabled location reporting / history, which is and always has been the source of the battery drain since this problem first occurred. Of course you're not seeing drain from Google Play Services any more. I haven't for months with those disabled.

Yes indeed that is correct and aah oke :good:

Send from my XZ With My Own Personal Modified MoonWalker SuperB !
    Guys, I went back yesterday to 10.4.1.B.0.101 Android 4.3 and all my pain has gone, my phone is the same as it was before this 2 months of no sense.
    -No drain of battery even with Google Play Services v5 (and no heating without reason)
    -Much faster, no lags
    -No missing features from 4.4 except sony keyboard and camera apps. ¿Could someone upload?

I will definitelly skip 10.5.A.0.230 even with a fix for the drain, 101 is so much faster...
    I use .84 Version on my xperia Z. after 2 days everything OK
    (+ Clear cache + Clear data for Google play service)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone