KitKat Tracking

jewbydoo

Jul 26, 2013
I've been finding a bunch of posts regarding when the Razr HD will be getting KitKat. We have been waiting a while, so I figured I'd make a tracking thread so everyone can know when KitKat is finally released.

The last piece of information we have really gotten came from David Schuster, senior director at Motorola Mobility in Illinois.

This post alone sparked a great many Android articles... Needlessly so, IMO

One G+ post fed:

Android Central
Into Mobile
Softpedia
Phone Arena
DroidLife

Seems I'm not the only one starving for some news.

Last edited:
Reactions: huatz84 and jldr

Mr Endiadi

May 1, 2014
me too I'd like to know when we'll receive kitkat...a question, i'm from Italy but i purchased my razr hd in Uk.
My version is 98.21.22003.xt925.CEE-Retail.en.EU..Will I receive the upgrade as well or the release is only for Verizon users?

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
David Schuster did say a couple of days ago that the "M and HD are in Verizon labs currently". And that "Labs" can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.
It's in the same Google+ post linked in the OP. It's toward the bottom of the comments.

legend221

Nov 29, 2008
Anywhere and Everywhere
me too I'd like to know when we'll receive kitkat...a question, i'm from Italy but i purchased my razr hd in Uk.
My version is 98.21.22003.xt925.CEE-Retail.en.EU..Will I receive the upgrade as well or the release is only for Verizon users?
Here is the official Motorola website to confirm this status: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...iTGN6bVFKQ2wiLCJzZXNzaW9uSUQiOiJMY3ptUUpDbCJ9

sent from my xt926 Droid RAZR HD flashed with Nexesque v3.6 - Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2510965

neyes

Mar 17, 2012
David Schuster did say a couple of days ago that the "M and HD are in Verizon labs currently". And that "Labs" can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.
It's in the same Google+ post linked in the OP. It's toward the bottom of the comments.
It still isn't clear weather a completed version is in their labs for testing and approval OR Moto's version was submitted to them for them to add bloat, test, fix, test, add more bloat, test, etc. I think once Verizon puts out a soak with their junk on it, then we may be getting truly close.

* This is only my interpretation on how this process is working and may be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajent

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
It still isn't clear weather a completed version is in their labs for testing and approval OR Moto's version was submitted to them for them to add bloat, test, fix, test, add more bloat, test, etc. I think once Verizon puts out a soak with their junk on it, then we may be getting truly close.

* This is only my interpretation on how this process is working and may be wrong.
https://opennetwork.verizonwireless.com/getDeviceCertified.aspx
Typically "labs" is the end of the line, unless there's a problem with the Software / Hardware on Verizon's Network.

Last edited:

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
MAYBE this is NOT related, but Motorola have scheduled an event on 13th may, the update may be announced then...
It's just a guess.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04/30/motorola-will-announce-its-next-phone-at-a-london-press-event-on-may-13th/
Sounds more hardware than software related. I doubt they'd hold an event (or waste time at one) to announce a software update for phones released back in '12. They didn't for the newer, more relevant phones, and with no other company calling an event to announce "we've released KK for you on XYZ phone" it would come off as very pompous.

...am curious to see what their next model phone is though...

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
Everything is speculative with no real concrete evidence to back anything up. We know that it's likely to come out this month, but even that is not 100% certain.

Fr3d_

Mar 17, 2010
Brest
Sounds more hardware than software related. I doubt they'd hold an event (or waste time at one) to announce a software update for phones released back in '12. They didn't for the newer, more relevant phones, and with no other company calling an event to announce "we've released KK for you on XYZ phone" it would come off as very pompous.

...am curious to see what their next model phone is though...
I was thinking that they could announce the update with their new phone. With a big MAYBE. :fingers-crossed: