• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

KitKat update may be soon

Search This thread

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
Trolls are going to troll. All members may not know this, but if you open this thread on your PC....left click on a members screen name.....you will get a drop down with the option of placing that member on your "ignore list", meaning you will not have to see anymore of their drivel.

In all my years here, I have only had to do this 3 times.....I am about to do it for the fourth time.

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1398867212548.jpg
    1398867212548.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 455

calden74

Sep 24, 2011
Trolls are going to troll. All members may not know this, but if you open this thread on your PC....left click on a members screen name.....you will get a drop down with the option of placing that member on your "ignore list", meaning you will not have to see anymore of their drivel.

In all my years here, I have only had to do this 3 times.....I am about to do it for the fourth time.

Oh, don't be that way, what does it matter if I'm attacking an inanimate object from one of the largest companies in the world, it has zero physical affect on you or anyone else on this board. Yes, I'm sure everyone knows how to block other users as it's a feature found on almost every board there is, but thank you for making it clear once more. If you look at some of my other posts I absolutely praise the Nexus 10, Tab 7.7, Tab Pro 8.3, 10.1 and 12.1, Note 10.1 2014, though I wish they would just consolidate the Pro and Note series, it's pretty lame to have so many different models.

I think the only reason why your attacking me is because you have buyers remorse, let me guess you have a Tab 7. I didn't update my Nexus 10 to 4.4.2 until 6 months after the release because I had no reason too, my tablet was quick enough, never lagged, so it really didn't bother me. Tab 3 7 and 10.1 owners can't wait to update because they think it will improve their performance but if it wasn't there before it's not going to get any better with an update. I'm truly here to understand one thing, why would someone compromise so much just to save a few dollars. Even if your fat broke there are better tablets to be found on eBay. Take the Tab 3 7 for instance, why would someone buy it when the Tab 7.7 has the same the CPU as the Tab 3 8 (yep it has a 3 1/2 year old CPU, it's crap like that as to why I hate the Tab 3 line), much better build quality, a OLMED display, 1280 x 800 resolution, 3G and can be had for around 150 dollars in near mint condition. I just don't get it, can you explain it to me and then I promise I'll stay out of the Tab 3 forum.

M

moonbutt74

lag ?

honestly, i don't see it.
i don't feel conned in anyway, i'm smart with what little money i have and do my research.
different models have their place in the market.
my t210r svelte rom beautiful
my p5210 greivous beautiful
both a wild step up from my laptop [ which i murdered gleefully ]
an overbearing approach in delivering an opinion doesn't make someone a troll.
the stink and/or revelation of an ulterior motive meant to misdirect/manipulate/harm, that make for a troll.
spamming forums/threads, is just, well, annoying..
as for the version/update issue, yeah it sucks but honestly 4.1 seems to be working fine.
my droid2 = ics and still works fine.
anyway...

nicknack35

May 19, 2014
might have to take mine back lol i bought it 5 weeks ago asnd one of the questions i asked when i bought it was about the upgrade to kitkat and was told it would get the update i think samsung will start to lose customers on there tablets if the update doesn't come :laugh:

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
might have to take mine back lol i bought it 5 weeks ago asnd one of the questions i asked when i bought it was about the upgrade to kitkat and was told it would get the update i think samsung will start to lose customers on there tablets if the update doesn't come :laugh:

It'll likely come after they've got the Tab 4 out the door so as not to dent it's sales too much, they'll hope people will just upgrade to that, I'd have a guess around Jul-Sept for KitKat arriving on Tab 3 8.0.

I don't really mind, based off the 4.4 update the Note 8.0 (Tab 3 8.0 update will likely be very similar to that) just received it's not going to be bringing a whole lot of stuff to get excited about, it'll likely bring KNOX and remove full SD write access unless you have root to fix it.

M

moonbutt74

hey

How do you root the 8.0 please :good:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2598976

after you get philz flashed reboot to recovery
ther should be a fix root option there
advanced or philz settings
do that then intall supersu from market

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

actually if you include their quotes......

wer11

Aug 14, 2011
We dont get any kk update for every tab 3 be happy with 4.2.2 the tab 3 7" is still stuck on 4.1.2

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Free mobile app

Idea for developer :) download samsung offical kitkat 4.4.2 firmware for galaxy tab 4 8.0(t330) and use skills and convert for t310 and Let us all happy :fingers-crossed::laugh::victory:

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
It'll likely come after they've got the Tab 4 out the door so as not to dent it's sales too much, they'll hope people will just upgrade to that, I'd have a guess around Jul-Sept for KitKat arriving on Tab 3 8.0.

I don't really mind, based off the 4.4 update the Note 8.0 (Tab 3 8.0 update will likely be very similar to that) just received it's not going to be bringing a whole lot of stuff to get excited about, it'll likely bring KNOX and remove full SD write access unless you have root to fix it.

This is the same thing I said. Horrible. Does note 8.0 kk have the new Samsung touchwiz?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For all waiting kitkat.

NestleKitKat%20(3).JPG

Much easier to get.:silly:
    T310 - KitKat Update - France

Just flashed the 4.4 update for the T310 via ODIN.

So far so good, some users will be pleased to know it adds multi-user as standard in the Settings, lots of the stock icons & apps have been refreshed, some with a whole new look.

TouchWiz has been tweaked, it's now much easier to uninstall & disable apps with just holding & dragging to the respective icons.

Multi window feature has been refreshed so there is no longer a small white tab on the side, now you just swipe it & it slides out, it's a 2 side column now & easier to use, hold the back button & it'll pop-out as well in any app.

Can't seem to enable full lockscreen art/covers for music, in fact it only shows the controls from my experience?

KNOX has been added, well some apps for it at least, though no mention of it in Download Mode, but it does have a new line: RP SWREV: A1

Supposedly RP stands for Rollback Prevention, not sure if that's just for the bootloader or the whole firmware, so not sure if one could go back from 4.4 to 4.2 via ODIN, reading more about suggests not but I'm seeing conflicting reports.

Also I wonder if this is an older bootloader as well as why would KNOX status be missing?

No idea if a hidden KNOX counter is present either.

Noticed SELinux is missing from Settings/About

No sure how to go about rooting, guess the old way would trip KNOX somehow if present, not taking the risk just yet.

As well as all the standard stuff KitKat offers, printing, white status icons, no ART though but I knew that.

Got more questions than answers at the moment.
    Another news from samsung poland
    http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/20...multiple-devices-confirmed-by-samsung-poland/
    Sent from my SM-T210R using xda app-developers app
    Not that many devices left for them to announce their update schedule for going off this list - http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059206/82024/EFC-1G6FFEGSTA (List hasn't been updated to reflect these but Mega, Note 8.0 & 10.0 are getting/have it in some countries).

Having a wild guess here but I'd say around late Jul-Aug for Tab 3, but maybe that's just wishful thinking :fingers-crossed:
    I could just bring Note 8's KitKat to Tab 3 8.0. Not sure, but Tab 3 8.0 specifications so close to Note 8 :laugh: