• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[KK 4.4][JB 4.3/4.2/4.1][ICS][MIUI][KERNEL][CWM/ODIN][I9000/B] GearKernel (Universal/ICS 1.1.2)

Do you want CMA? :) See here for details : http://goo.gl/OJ2EtH

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

srkonus

Jan 27, 2010
Is there a way to view/controll that the trim command runs and how big is the advantage of it?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

DumF0rGaming

Recognized Translator
Jan 8, 2013
Dubai
Hi there!
I tried to switch from Semaphore 3.1.0 to Gear 1.0.8 on the latest Paranoid Android and I'm not a noob
So, my phone optimized all my apps as usual and then I got a bootloop
Then my phone was restored from my NANDROID backup and I lost my IMEI
Hopefuly it's back on stock ROM

A lot of people in PA thread told me to don't interconnect with this kernel

So please, users of Gear, can you stand up for this work? Cheers

Last edited:

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Hi there!
I tried to switch from Semaphore 3.1.0 to Gear 1.0.8 on the latest Paranoid Android and I'm not a noob
So, my phone optimized all my apps as usual and then I got a bootloop
Then my phone was restored from my NANDROID backup and I lost my IMEI
Hopefuly it's back on stock ROM

A lot of people in PA thread told me to don't interconnect with this kernel

So please, users of Gear, can you stand up for this work? Cheers
Latest kernel fixed imei bug, bootloop maybe its caused by different recovery that restores nandroid backup.

anonim14

Jul 1, 2011
is not true i used the gear kernel with the paranoid 3.99 rc2 and it was a good experience but the new version 1.0.9 has a boot probleme!!!from my experience the gear kernel is the best for our phone i used everything like devil semaphore the stock cyanogenmod but for me the gear and the devil was the best.

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Seems to be a problem with jb 4.1 and older. Im checking what causes this horrible bug. (Maybe some incompatible update or something else...)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.