Klyde PX4 | PX5 | PX6 head units with MCU CSN2 | CSN2_D | CSN2_8600_D (Android 8/9/10

Search This thread

Cpt_Hardy

Mar 6, 2022
still wondering. I got 2 updates directly from Klyde. Each zip had 1.168.833.380 Byte.
This one has 1.241.799.185 Bytes and is larger.
What exactly is the source of this update?

Forther more following question: Do I have to reinstall all my apps and do the complete setup again? I guess so ...
is like doing a firmware reset, right?

Segundojazz

Sep 23, 2022
still wondering. I got 2 updates directly from Klyde. Each zip had 1.168.833.380 Byte.
This one has 1.241.799.185 Bytes and is larger.
What exactly is the source of this update?

Forther more following question: Do I have to reinstall all my apps and do the complete setup again? I guess so ...
is like doing a firmware reset, right?

Of course, all will be lost. The source is 4pda.to Be sure of what you are doing, I am not responsible. If you read correctly there will be no problems.

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
As long as there is no real issue with the current firmware, I do not recommend to update minor version changes.
We don´t get known what they changed in a new version, so stay on a working one.

On the other side: CSN2/CSM4 are almost different for different head units. You only should use an update if it is clearly for your head unit.

Last edited:
Hello all,
Recently I bought a new (to me) car, an Audi TT Mk1 Quattro 225 and came with this 2 DIN head.
It's brand is Bizzar BL-A9-VW67 it's an 8core Android 9 system.
Is there any Android 10 firmware to update to?
As you will see it's MCU version is CSN2_06102019_114308
It says it's PX5 under this area.

Thanks in advance!

Here is it's screenshot

Attachments

• IMG-1184.jpg
    IMG-1184.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Hello all,
Recently I bought a new (to me) car, an Audi TT Mk1 Quattro 225 and came with this 2 DIN head.
It's brand is Bizzar BL-A9-VW67 it's an 8core Android 9 system.
Is there any Android 10 firmware to update to?
As you will see it's MCU version is CSN2_06102019_114308
It says it's PX5 under this area.

Thanks in advance!

Here is it's screenshot
Read first page. All written there and yes, within the last pages you can find something new.

Reactions: vagdesign

Bezzey

Mar 28, 2022
Does anybody have the same issue with bluetooth like me?

Phone connected to head unit with bluetooth
Wireless earphones connected to phone with bluetooth
Phone call comes in, answer with my earphones
Phone call begins through earphones as expected but within 10-30 seconds the call switches to head unit

I have heavily searched using many different key words and had no solution and can't find anyone reporting the same issue even with other brand of head units.

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Does anybody have the same issue with bluetooth like me?

Phone connected to head unit with bluetooth
Wireless earphones connected to phone with bluetooth
Phone call comes in, answer with my earphones
Phone call begins through earphones as expected but within 10-30 seconds the call switches to head unit

I have heavily searched using many different key words and had no solution and can't find anyone reporting the same issue even with other brand of head units.
This is expected behavior.
As long as the phone is connected to the head unit, the head unit overtakes the call automatically.
May be you can change the BT settings on your phone so that phone audio is not provided to the head unit. But in this case you are not able to use the head unit handsfree.

fareed_xtreme

Sep 13, 2012
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there are any new firmwares for the CSN2 Android 10 apart from what is in the first post. Saw some new kupdates in the last 5 pages but due to CSM and other new variants (that I haven't caught up with), I would request some information and guidance in this regard.

Thanks.
Fareed

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there are any new firmwares for the CSN2 Android 10 apart from what is in the first post. Saw some new kupdates in the last 5 pages but due to CSM and other new variants (that I haven't caught up with), I would request some information and guidance in this regard.

Thanks.
Fareed
What do you expect to get?
Which firmware is now installed on your unit and do you have any issues with it?

fareed_xtreme

Sep 13, 2012
What do you expect to get?
Which firmware is now installed on your unit and do you have any issues with it?
1. Just information if there have been any newer firmware updates than what we currently see in the first page. If yes, some info to the post for them.
2. The firmware currently installed is Mar 31st 2021 202103310921. Apart from lagging and not being able to handle Google Maps properly, I face no issues.

Thanks,
Fareed

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
1. Just information if there have been any newer firmware updates than what we currently see in the first page. If yes, some info to the post for them.
2. The firmware currently installed is Mar 31st 2021 202103310921. Apart from lagging and not being able to handle Google Maps properly, I face no issues.

Thanks,
Fareed
Which exact unit do you own, and which Android version is on there?

fareed_xtreme

Sep 13, 2012
Which exact unit do you own, and which Android version is on there?
I use a unit from Roadmaster. It is on Android 10. I had a tough time when I purchased it last year, so had updated its MCU to CSN2_08152020_142526 on this thread along with the Android 10 Firmware Mar 31st 2021 202103310921.

The default Klyde CSN2 firmwares work flawlessly on it compared to the ROM that came from RM which was buggy.

The main issue I face is that every 3 weeks, I am forced to reinstall maps or it is impossible to use and ends up failing at the worst of times. App crashes without any errors. I am going to do a factory reset in the coming days but I was wondering if there were any newer firmwares. Would definitely roll back to the version I currently use if all hell breaks loose.

Thanks for taking the time rigattoni.

james73448

Feb 26, 2021
Here is an Android 10 to android 12 update for Belsee PX5 rk3368
I cannot get it to work on mine. When it gets to patching oem image it fails. I suspect my system does not have oem image or its looking for theirs. I removed the 3 oem patch files then I get a footer error message then update aborted.

Maybe someone with more knowledge about unpacking and repacking this update can get it to work on our system..
IF you do and can provide a link to the moded file.

PX5 RK3368 Belsee Android 10 to 12 download link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread relates to MCU: CSN2_xxxxx, CSN2_D_xxxxx and CSN2_8600_D_xxxxx for PX4, PX5 and PX6 platforms

This thread is a mirror of russian 4pda to cover more users/developers.

All units are made by Klyde, but are sold under different brands.

I've been looking for a simple way to donate me if this thread is useful for you, all the ways are collected in one post there

The thread requires a new mainteiner. Details are there.

Hardware specifications:

• CPU: Octa-core PX5 1.5GHz Cortex A53 64 bits CPU
    • ROM: 16/32/64G
    • RAM: 2/4G
    • Resolution: 1024*600
    • Out Power: 4*45Watt
    • Operating System: Android 8/9
    • Radio Tuner/Audio Chip: NXP6686 / TDA7851
    • Built-In WiFi Module /Support External 3G Dongle
    • Features: Radio Tuner,Built-in GPS,MP3 Player,Bluetooth,Touch Screen,TV,Mirror link,Built-In Microphone,Support Steering Wheel Control,Support Can-Bus

Useful tips
    Tag [Android 8] means that it applicable to Android 8 :), the same for [Android 9]. If there is no tag, it suits both versions.

• Factory Settings password: 126
    • If you type 888 while opening Factory Settings, the Logo changing menu appears instead of Factory Settings. Logo1 replaces "Navigation system" picture, Logo2 replaces "android" picture. Logo2 is animated.
    • Developers mode password is 237
    • Password 927 opens menu, that helps to adjust screen brightens by changing VCOM value. You can set it between 1 and 100. Be careful with that!
    • [Android 8] How to get root: Use a rooting app, alternative link
    • [Android 9] How to root
      Warning! You should be careful with that as it can brick your device once you tried to update SuperSu. Do not update SuperSu binary or the SuperSU app!!! You will get bootloop if that is updated!!! Also you have to wait until the tool completes its job, otherwise you can get no sound. If you face the mentioned problems, just re-flash your device. BE CAREFUL!.
    • Starting from android 8 January firmware there is an option "OFF" for "Power off delay if ACC OFF". it allows to keep android in a sleep mode forever. Please note that it consumes around ~9-10mA in this mode. Powered off device uses 4.8mA only (twice less than sleeping mode).
    • How to get enter stock recovery: hold reset(power) button, wait until sensor buttons start blinking, release and immediately press the button again. See video
    • To adjust the back camera brightness, just tap the screen when the camera is active.
    • Set custom logo
    • Detailed device schema

Known issues/limitations and fix/workaround for that
    • Lost wheel key settings and radio stations in case full power loss (yellow wire). Make sure that yellow wire is not disconnected when the car is stopped/locked.
    • Sound level is 10 (12) after reboot/sleep if you was listening louder; if it was less than 10 (12) stays the same. 12 appeared in Dec 11th firmware, it was 10 before that. Not topical starting from Dec 27th firmware, now you can define default sound between 12 10 and 20 in Car Settings-->Personal Settings. 10-20 is in Jan 17th firmware .
    • buzz in speakers caused by 433MHz alarm system and USB stick remounting.
    • small buzz caused by WIFI, observed in complete silence only. Not an issue if there are no connected devices.
    • There are lots of cases when wheel keys does not work at all. The reason is in wiring. Please study the head unit manual + car wiring scheme and put the needed wire to the correct connection shoe.
    • if you have canbus adapter and wheel buttons duplicate actions (i.e you pressed next track, but 2-3 tracks were switched, the same for sound level), just flash Jan 17 or newer firmware. Also it is possible to change wiring, but the firmware is much easier.
    • if you have canbus adapter and track switching is reversed (incorrect), just go to Factory Settings --> canbus and set keys_previous_next to change.
    • Bluetooth ODBII and hands-free (calls) does not work simultaneously. At the same time ODBII and BT Music works well simultaneously. Hardware limitation, no idea for now if that can be solved.
    • Voice dialing, voice search do not work on some devices. Fixed in May 8th firmware.

1.PX5 Firmware.
    You can combine different firmware and MCU (I.e. take the pumpkin MCU + April firmware or vice versa). MCU from Android 8 is compatible with Android 9. Mind DSP only while updating MCU.

The factory does not provide me with a changelog! Do not ask about it.

Android 10.

Fake Android 10.
    It is the same android 9 firmware, but with the changed launcher, radio and Bluetooth app.
    Android 9.

The link for the most recent firmware and MCU: with DSP and without DSP. _D_ in the MCU version means that it is for units with DSP.

All available versions of MCU are on my Google drive.

Firmware history and links:
    Android 8.
    The link for the most recent firmware and MCU: with DSP and without DSP. _D_ in the MCU version means that it is for units with DSP.

All available versions of MCU are on my Google drive.

Firmware history and links:

2. PX6 Firmware

Android 10.

Android 9.

3. PX5 Android 9 for 1 DIN units with MCU CSN2_8600_D
    The differences between this unit are on Russian 4pda

Firmware 201911301053 + MCU CSN2_8600_D_11202019_162651 is located on Google Drive

4. PX4 Firmware

Android 10.

The instruction how to upgrade is there

The list of purchased devices

Tested and compatible 3G/4G modems
    • ZTE MF622
    • ZTE MF825
    • Huawei e173
    • Huawei E352
    • Huawei E3272
    • Alcatel 410D
    How to update firmware on the device (without changing android version)

I know at least 3 methods how to do that :) Use USB Stick or SD card with FAT32 filesystem for android 8 or USB Stick ONLY for android 9.
    - put the firmware (kupdate.zip + update2.bin if you want to upgrade MCU) directly to USB stick or SD card,
    - insert it while the unit is running,
    - click OK once suggestion to update appears.

2. The same as 1, but the last point is to start update from system settings

3. Use it, if you have a brick (bootloop)
    - put the firmware (kupdate.zip + update2.bin if you want to upgrade MCU) directly to USB stick or SD card with FAT32 filesystem for android 8 or ONLY USB Stick for android 9.
    - power off the device, insert USB stick or SD card for android 8 or ONLY USB Stick for android 9.
    - press and hold power button and power on unit by switching on ACC in your car or enable power +12V on both red and yellow wire in case you doing that on the table. On some units use reset button instead.
    - once the update is started, release the button.

WARNING! Firmware update will remove all your personal data and settings on the device!

If you observe the error like "header and footer of kupdate.zip does not correspond signature", just try to upgrade form another USB stick/SD card.
    Upgrade to real android 10

There are 2 known ways how to upgrade to android 10.

1. Disassemble your unit and do the same as described there using the files for PX5 or PX6 depending on your platform. Also there is an instruction with pictures in each archive.

2. Without disassembling, but using windows laptop or tablet. Quite simple, but requires lots of checks and preparations. And in worth case scenario you will have to solder to the needed pins of coreboard.

!!! The upgrade is possible on motherboards rev 1.4, 1.5.2 and 1.6 (quite possible that other revisions too, but we have not enough information for now). The mainboards of rev 1.2 require disassembling and soldering additional usb cable!!!

In order to complete the upgrade we need:
    - strong desire to do that and be ready to disassemble unit in case of the failure or even purchase a new one.
    - USB type A male to type A male cable
    - Windows laptop or tablet

Steps to do.
    1. Preparation
    - check the Bluetooth module that is configured in your unit: System Settings-->Factory Settings-->FUNC-->BT Mode. Note its model somewhere. That will be needed to restore the settings after the upgrade.
    - check if you can do an upgrade:
    -- install terminal emulator on your unit and run
    Code:
    dmesg | grep "USB device" | grep using
    and note the last time stamp
    -- plug USB stick to the first USB (on the panel or into an extender cable)
    -- run again
    Code:
    dmesg | grep "USB device" | grep using
    -- if you see something like
    Code:
    [ 4781.749803] usb 3-1: new high-speed USB device number 16 using usb20_otg
    you can use this USB and plug the head unit to your laptop via it using USB male type A to male type A cable. usb20_otg is vital
    -- if you see something like
    Code:
    1-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-platform
    This USB can not be used!
    -- repeat the action for the second unit`s USB
    -- IF BOTH PORTS DOES NOT HAVE OTG YOU CAN NOT GO FURTHER UNTIL YOU SOLDER THE 3RD CABLE! The instruction is at the end of this post.
    - download PX5 or PX6 depending on your platform.
    - if you have a display with resolution 1280*720 , download a custom oem.img, it is suitable for both PX5 and PX6;
    - extract archive to root directore of drive C: You should have C:\px6_10.0_burntools\ or C:\px5_10.0_burntools\ folder;
    - install drivers from DriverAssitant folder;
    - in case of PX6 go to C:\px6_10.0_burntools\AndroidTool_Release_v2.71, for PX5 go to C:\px5_10.0_burntools\AndroidTool_Release_v2.71, edit config.ini, replace Selected=1 with Selected=2. That will enable English language for the program;
    - if you have 1280*720 display, put the custom file to rockdev\image folder and replace the old one;
    - backup all vital data on your head unit;

2. Upgrade
    - run AndroidTool.exe
    - download and install this APK
    - run it and click "Go to Android10", the device will be rebooted and BRICKED. APK kills loader and boot partition!!!
    - connect your laptop and head unit via the discovered OTG USB
    - AndroidTool should reprt "Found one MASKROM device"
    - hit run button;
    - wait until the competition.

The unit will be rebooted, data partition will be formated and the unit will be running andriod 10.

3. Post upgrade
    - download the most recent firmware
    - put it on USB stick
    - do an upgrade using this USB stick

Known issues and fixes
    1. Bluetooth KD6 does not work on android 10. Replace the module with IVT140 or RF210, maybe it will be fixed in new firmware. Fixed starting from 202011261850
    2. In some unique cases the rear camera does not work on android 10 (we suspect that it appears on old mainboard revisions without DSP). Fix is to revert to android 9 or maybe it will be fixed in new firmware. Fixed starting from 202010141730

TIPs
    Mainboards Rev 1.2 do not have USB OTG, so you have to solder the 3d USB cable. Just solder the USB wire to connector A if the mainboard. Pins 63 and 64. 63rd stands for D+, 64th corresponds D-. Do not forget about GND. +5V is not mandatory for upgrade, you can take it from rear connector H (check pin 5 or 10 there) and make fully working USB port.

20818804.png

photo_2020-09-13_14-36-50.jpg

photo_2020-09-13_14-30-35.jpg
    Upgrade from Android 8 to 9 WITHOUT disassembling.

ALL YOUR ACTIONS ARE YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY!!! Nobody will send you a new core board in case of the failure! At least will not do that free of charge!

0. All needed files are there.

1. To perform the upgrade we need:
    - Strong desire to do that and be ready to purchase a new core board in case of total failure (~100$);
    - micro SD card slot in your unit. If the unit vendor gives details regarding the units without SD cards, I'll update this post;
    - USB stick (up to 16GB, to avoid possible problems) formatted in fat32;
    - micro SD card (again, please use not so big);

2. Put the following things on USB stick:
    - MCU firmware that suits your device. I.e. update2.bin from the first message in thread with DSP or not depending on your unit)
    - Android 9 firmware from the first message. kupdate.zip, Again: Andriod 9!!!

3. Do NOT plug USB stick to the unit for now, let`s make bootable SD card;

4. On Windows PC run SDDiskTool and create bootable SD card. The manual inside of the archive, with the details, so I see to reasons to repeat it there. update.img from the archive is used there ~350Mb;

5. Install "Android 8 upgrade 9.apk" into the unit, run it, click only the button in this application. The unit becomes a brick (temporary, till a success on step 9) - You will see only a black screen and lights on the buttons;

6. Put SD card into a units slot, disconnect battery terminal of your car or power off the unit in some other way. Both red and yellow wires of unit should not have +12V on them !!!

7. connect battery terminal.

8. The unit is upgraded for the first time. Take a video of the process!!! Just in case if you fail and it will be needed to troubleshoot that. On this step you should see TWO errors of formatting metadata. YES, there should be TWO errors!! and formatting error for system.

Video of attempt.
    The final screenshot.

9. Disconnect and connect battery terminal one more time. The unit upgrades from SD card one more time Take a video of the process,just in case. this time there should be no errors with metadata and system!!! The last string should be "Doing Actions succeeded".

Video of 2nd attempt.
    The final screenshot.

10. Disconnect battery terminal, REMOVE SD card from unit, plug USB stick prepared on step 2.

11. Connect battery terminal and the unit will complete the upgrade to Android 9.

12. Once the upgrade from USB stick is done, the unit start running Android 9. All further upgrades will be done from USB stick without any additional actions

Video of installing the firmware from USB Stick.

13. FORMAT SD card on your PC, do not use it in unit until it is formatted, just to be safe.
    Upgrade from Android 8 to Andriod 9 (Using disassembling method)

For now it is needed to DISASSEMBLE the unit for upgrade! These actions are on your own responsibility!!!

0. You will need Windows PC/Laptop/Tablet for this procedure, please refer to guide from Chinese engineers here.
    1. Install drivers from this archive
    2. Short circuit the resistor to ground (there is a picture in guide)
    3. Power on the unit
    4. Connect USB (use Type-A male to Type-A male cable).
    5. Flash the Android 9 data from this archive
    6. Disconnect USB and power. Then power on the unit.
    7. Enjoy

After these steps you'll be able to install any android 9 from this thread. It is needed to disassemble the unit only once.

A few videos for the reference are there and there.