• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

KnockOff with Nova - solved

Search This thread

npgauth

Dec 25, 2010
Hello,
For those wanting to use Nova Launcher and still retain the double tap 'KnockOff' feature, I finally got it working via the procedure below. Note that this requires the paid version of Nova.. Hope this helps someone!

1. Download "Turn off the Screen" from the play store (it is free)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=turn.off.the.lights&hl=en
2. Open the installed app and click "Enable Now"
3. Open up Nova Settings -> Gestures and buttons -> Double tap -> Shortcuts -> Activities
4. Scroll to "Turn off the Screen" and expand the options. Choose "Turn Off The Screen : LockerActivity"

That's it. You should now be able to click anywhere on the nova desktop without an app / widget and it will turn off the screen as the stock LG KnockOff does. Note that I began with the "Screen Off and Lock" app, but this ignored the LG setting to not lock the screen for 10min and forces immediate PIIN entry upon unlock.

Cheers

Sprint76

Nov 3, 2012
This can also be done pretty easily with Nova and Tasker. Love this feature. I almost never have to use the hard buttons on this phone.

srk_srinivas

Apr 27, 2011
Entebbe-Uganda
Excellent..

Hello,
For those wanting to use Nova Launcher and still retain the double tap 'KnockOff' feature, I finally got it working via the procedure below. Note that this requires the paid version of Nova.. Hope this helps someone!

3. Open up Nova Settings -> Gestures and buttons -> Double tap -> Shortcuts -> Activities
4. Scroll to "Turn off the Screen" and expand the options. Choose "Turn Off The Screen : LockerActivity"

That's it. You should now be able to click anywhere on the nova desktop without an app / widget and it will turn off the screen as the stock LG KnockOff does. Note that I began with the "Screen Off and Lock" app, but this ignored the LG setting to not lock the screen for 10min and forces immediate PIIN entry upon unlock.

Cheers

Working flawlessly... Thanks

mn147

Dec 12, 2013
唐津市ーkaratsu
any one still interested

needed:
#root
tasker

setup:

TASKER
add task
name » "knockoff" (or anything else)
add action
script
run shell
command » "input keyevent 26"
use root » checked
back out
attach icon (any)
back out

NOVA
nova settings
gestures and buttons
double tap
shortcuts
tasker shortcut
knockoff

done
what this does is run a shell command to replicate power button

now to figure out how to do this with widget locker

sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Cheers
    any one still interested

needed:
    #root
    tasker

setup:

TASKER
    add task
    name » "knockoff" (or anything else)
    add action
    script
    run shell
    command » "input keyevent 26"
    use root » checked
    back out
    attach icon (any)
    back out

NOVA
    nova settings
    gestures and buttons
    double tap
    shortcuts
    tasker shortcut
    knockoff

done
    what this does is run a shell command to replicate power button

now to figure out how to do this with widget locker

sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro
    App isn't in the app store anymore it seems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You can try Screen Off and Lock from playstore, in Nova Double Tap Gesture activies take MainHelper from Screen Off and Lock.
    If you knock on the status bar, the screen turns off with nova....no special software needed
    Can the knock knock be turned off completely?

iirc it's in the display settings