Knox is a software trigger and can be reset !

Status
Not open for further replies.

xda_q8

Feb 18, 2010
Hi all,

First of all pardon me for my poor English.

Today I went to Samsung service center to fix my note 3 SM-N9005 after I missed up with it.. no efs folder, no IMEI, bootloader flashed to MJ3 and the Konx was 0x1 actually warranty void..

The technician guy checked the Konx and told me the warranty is void but don't worry I will fix it for free.

The surprised thing is that they have fixed my mobile within 10 minutes.
After fixing it.. I checked the the Konx is back to 0x0 so they reset it !.
The bootloader back to MJ1 so they downgraded the bootloader !!.
IMEI and serial no. never changed !!.
And no hardware change at all.. so now, its very clear the Konx trigger is a software trigger and can be reset again with some how.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

strongyin1977

Apr 21, 2011
Hi all,

Today I went to Samsung service center to fix my note 3 SM-N9005 after I missed up with it.. no efs folder, no IMEI, bootloader flashed to MJ3 and the Konx was 0x1 actually warranty void..

The technician guy checked the Konx and told me the warranty is void but don't worry I will fix it for free.

And no hardware change at all.. so now, its very clear the Konx trigger is a software trigger and can be reset again with some how.

thanks for your good news! only 10 mins can reset the Knox! Hope to see the method later....

P

phantom5

I have to say...After checking my "new" device (the other had a hardware-defect in the earphone plug), I checked my saved backup files(Imei, csc, etc.) ...

It was my old device, the knox counter was just reset to 0x0...(and the 3,5mm plug replaced)

Service Center: Vodafone-Shop

Raphy511

Jan 19, 2011
Reims
I have to say...After checking my "new" device (the other had a hardware-defect in the earphone plug), I checked my saved backup files(Imei, csc, etc.) ...

It was my old device, the knox counter was just reset to 0x0...(and the 3,5mm plug replaced)

Service Center: Vodafone-Shop
Nice to see that phone carriers has the tool that can reset the counter!

Reactions: ugant58

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
What would be really good is if we could come how get a raw dump of the bootloader with knox tripped and after a reset...

nags92

Feb 13, 2013
If you think about it, it does sound plausible...the fact they are upgrading their older models to knox which i would guess might not have the supported hardware for eFuses would mean its software related ? i know chainfire said they use e-fuses but its just an idea though.

Shame there is no one on the inside from one of the samsung repair centers

Reactions: Shaftamle

hallydamaster

Aug 27, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
If you think about it, it does sound plausible...the fact they are upgrading their older models to knox which i would guess might not have the supported hardware for eFuses would mean its software related ? i know chainfire said they use e-fuses but its just an idea though.

Shame there is no one on the inside from one of the samsung repair centers
It doesn't mean it's not an efuse even though they can get SGS3 "upgraded" to support KNOX. Apparently the Qualcomm chips already has a lot of efuse registers they can make use of. That just mean that the efuses are already there, and the upgrade is going to make use of the registers.

mwazeer

May 23, 2011
Kuwait
Hi all,

Mabrooook....

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Surely you've got some "shady friends" (everybody has at least one) that will just hold the guy up for ransom.... in the case the reset tool..... haha ;)

Disclaimer: This is a JOKE!, by no means do I want Interpol hunting my ass down for terrorism ;)

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 4

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset
For what its worth:

I work for a UK network (Technical support) - we had Samsung come in today and i asked them about Knox, and queried the refurb being 0x0 or 0x1 and he basically said "samsung have a tool that will reset it back to 0x0".

So im guessing its only a matter of time before someone gets hold of this holy software...

overkillZ

Jul 14, 2013
malmö
For what its worth:

I work for a UK network (Technical support) - we had Samsung come in today and i asked them about Knox, and queried the refurb being 0x0 or 0x1 and he basically said "samsung have a tool that will reset it back to 0x0".

So im guessing its only a matter of time before someone gets hold of this holy software...
or before somone hacks the bl and can make there own "holy software" cough..cough chainfire..cough..

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
For what its worth:

yall dont have access to that tool? any possibilty that you guy might be able to leak that tool in the future?

Pics or it didn't happen
even pic wont prove anything.. you will have to take his work for it, if you dont believe him for all we know he never sent his phone to sammy and never rooted his phone thats why his knox binary counter is still 0x0

Reactions: cd993
Status
Not open for further replies.