KonaBess [GPU overclock & undervolt] OnePlus 8 PRO

Search This thread

zefyx

Dec 19, 2007
@gsser

I would love to test and provide feedback on the latest config. Your hard work would be greatly appreciated!

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
Lucky you, mine maxes at 930. Beyond that, phone starts lagging
Since youve tried diferent configurations, i wanted to know if its safe to experiment with this app? I undervolted my pc, but i could Risk It because in case i undervolted too much i could justo rebotó the pc and the configurations would reset, but im scared of doing It on my phone because i dont know if there are risks like brick or something like that if undervolt It too much. I run the Evolution X custom ROM, and i have only like 4 hours of screentime at best, soni thought undervolting could help increase a bit my batery life.
Is It safe to use this app on custom ROMs?? Also is there any risk or is there any way of noticing if im reaching the limit of the undervolting?

AlexCmb

May 31, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Hello, i encounter some difficultes with this tool on OOS13. The phone does not boot. I need to use the fastboot command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" for recover my phone. I'm using KB2003 OP8T on latest OOS13. Thanks.

JIm Bob 6666

Jan 21, 2015
OnePlus 11
Since youve tried diferent configurations, i wanted to know if its safe to experiment with this app? I undervolted my pc, but i could Risk It because in case i undervolted too much i could justo rebotó the pc and the configurations would reset, but im scared of doing It on my phone because i dont know if there are risks like brick or something like that if undervolt It too much. I run the Evolution X custom ROM, and i have only like 4 hours of screentime at best, soni thought undervolting could help increase a bit my batery life.
Is It safe to use this app on custom ROMs?? Also is there any risk or is there any way of noticing if im reaching the limit of the unundervolting.
The app is safe to use but you are expected to know how to backup and restore your boot parition if you set your voltage too low. Backup your boot partition before making any changes.

Usually when your reaching the limit of over clocking or ubdervolting you will ether get graphics artifacts or the app or phone will outright crash.

I'll include my stable 905mhz over clock from my Oneplus 8t running evolution X 7.3.

You may need to adjust the voltage and bus frequency since my 905mv is set to 340mv, so you might wanna increase it to 357mv.

I can't run above 920mhz without artifacting even at 416mv which is why I've limited this config.

Frequency range begins at 150mhz and scales up to 905mhz, hopefully this is a good starting point for you to begin playing around and get a feel of what voltages and clocks your OP8 pro can handle.

Attachments

• konabess-905mhz-undervolt.txt
    999 bytes · Views: 304

Arksuga

Sep 20, 2021
The app is safe to use but you are expected to know how to backup and restore your boot parition if you set your voltage too low. Backup your boot partition before making any changes.

Usually when your reaching the limit of over clocking or ubdervolting you will ether get graphics artifacts or the app or phone will outright crash.

I'll include my stable 905mhz over clock from my Oneplus 8t running evolution X 7.3.

You may need to adjust the voltage and bus frequency since my 905mv is set to 340mv, so you might wanna increase it to 357mv.

I can't run above 920mhz without artifacting even at 416mv which is why I've limited this config.

Frequency range begins at 150mhz and scales up to 905mhz, hopefully this is a good starting point for you to begin playing around and get a feel of what voltages and clocks your OP8 pro can handle.
I'd love to try this but I'm not confident enough to do it. I have no experience with this so it's looks like a huge risk to me (even if it isn't). I did undervolt and overclocked my PC GPU and cpu but mobile phone looks like completely different thing. Also I'm not familiar with what kernels are and this type of things. I have evolution x installed on my op8pro so i don't know if this configuration is compatible either.
I want to try it but i don't have the confidence to do it :((

hightech316

Jan 27, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 8T
Edited, it is all gone now. This is what happens if people do not care about anything but theirselves... People want to use anything for free and ready but lack the skill/mind/responsibility of giving a simple feedback. Well this time not gonna share new config in here.

Enjoy trying to find and download 230 times of my v4 config if you can.
This is very common , these users downloading your config are not devs or testers . Mostly, They are regular people trying to squeeze the most out of their handset.

I would not take it personal that you did not receive feedback .

Although kicking your feet and retracting your Konabess configs , This is not going to help development towards our handsets.

Contributing in a selfless manner is how we strive.

There is a thread on oneplus8t for konabess , I will be happy to post , and no feedback required :ROFLMAO:

N173M43R

Dec 30, 2016

I'm really sorry to be a pain, but when I load this konabess crashes when clicking on any frequency under edit gpu volt table.

I'm not sure if it's the app or the profile, or maybe the profile was made with an older version of the app?

Is it possible you could upload photos/plaintext of the voltage levels used?

JIm Bob 6666

Jan 21, 2015
OnePlus 11
I'd love to try this but I'm not confident enough to do it. I have no experience with this so it's looks like a huge risk to me (even if it isn't). I did undervolt and overclocked my PC GPU and cpu but mobile phone looks like completely different thing. Also I'm not familiar with what kernels are and this type of things. I have evolution x installed on my op8pro so i don't know if this configuration is compatible either.
I want to try it but i don't have the confidence to do it :((
Fair enough, overclocking is a big hurdle for some people as it modifies the boot image and if you put a voltage too low, it can be a pain to restore from without following the unbrick guides on XDA if you get unlucky.

I'm really sorry to be a pain, but when I load this konabess crashes when clicking on any frequency under edit gpu volt table.

I'm not sure if it's the app or the profile, or maybe the profile was made with an older version of the app?

Is it possible you could upload photos/plaintext of the voltage levels used?

I should of clarified the KonaBess version I am using.

I'm using KonaBess LybVayu Custom 0.14 beta, a modified Konabess client which gives fine grain control over the voltage table. I used the one linked in the OP of this XDA thread here: https://xdaforums.com/t/poco-f3-undervolt-with-konabess-app.4400037/

Here is the plain text frequencies, voltages, bus frequencies and acd levels used,
please adjust this to suit your device before flashing and rebooting.

Plain text voltages:

Frequency | Voltage | GPU Bus Frequency | acd-level
905mhz | 340mv | 11-11-11-11-11-11 | 0x802b5ffd
855mhz | 260mv | 11-11-11-11-11-11 | 0x802b5ffd
720mhz | 227mv | 11-11-11-11-11-11 | 0x802b5ffd
670mhz | 200mv | 9-8-11-9-8-11 | 0x802b5ffd
525mhz | 90mv | 8-7-11-8-7-11 | 0x802b5ffd
490mhz | 66mv | 8-6-9-8-6-9 | 0xa02b5ffd
400mhz | 5mv | 5-5-6-5-5-6 | 0xa02b5ffd
305mhz | 3mv | 4-3-5-4-3-5 | 0xa02b5ffd
150mhz | 1mv | 3-2-5-3-2-5 | 0xa02b5ffd

acd-level notes:
0x802b5ffd = static voltage
0xa02b5ffd = dynamic voltage

N173M43R

Dec 30, 2016
Fair enough, overclocking is a big hurdle for some people as it modifies the boot image and if you put a voltage too low, it can be a pain to restore from without following the unbrick guides on XDA if you get unlucky.

I should of clarified the KonaBess version I am using.

I'm using KonaBess LybVayu Custom 0.14 beta, a modified Konabess client which gives fine grain control over the voltage table. I used the one linked in the OP of this XDA thread here: https://xdaforums.com/t/poco-f3-undervolt-with-konabess-app.4400037/

Here is the plain text frequencies, voltages, bus frequencies and acd levels used,

Plain text voltages:

acd-level notes:
Ok, that makes a lot of sense :p

Thanks a lot. Lately I've been obsessing over tweaking to get God like battery life. Work leaves me with too much free time.

zioloiso

Mar 10, 2012

How restore odl boot partiton if I have problem after uv?

View attachment 5466211View attachment 5466213

Here is my usage from some days ago. Mostly i unplug at night and lasts till next night. Not charging overnight also helps and lets the battery settle.

There were some articles and videos(like mrwhosetheboss) where using different methods to use to have a happier battery. Charge about %18-%87(depending on your taste.), Dont charge overnight, dont use fast chargers unless you are in hurry. I use a non warp charge supported cable(the ones which have magnetic type c plug. Mine is baseus 100w magnetic type c cable.) with original wall adapter since i bought the phone and i never had less than 7h sot.

Charge slow as much as possible, balance between min and max capacity(like 15 and 90 or 85. New samsung tablets has a feature where you select the option to not use %15 of the battery. Same as that.) and having it settle over night improves battery life, this is one of the reasons why i get good battery life with my gpu config + charging habits.

Think of it filling a baloon slowly, slowly but steadily makes it calm and happy, filling it fast makes it warm up a little and force it's shell. (Wierd example but meh, you get the idea.)

If you are sure no app is draining your battery, try these. Also check 4g band coverage. Sometimes if you get bad cellular signal your phone switches between bands which also might drain your phone overnight.

You might try setting 3g overnight with data on and try having 4g but data turned off. Also volte and vowifi helps a lot in this...

Hope this also helps for those who has battery life issues. Trying to give tips on this issue anywhere i can when i have time. Been using this charging method since my old s9+ times. Discovered this result when i had it and had to charge from a pc usb for a week cause i lost the charger. It was a good find lemme tell you that haha :ROFLMAO:

I promise you if you use the slow charging method with no overnight charging and only %15-85ish for a week, i expect you to click the thanks button next week when you see the difference. :) (This is how much im sure of myself. It will work %100 unless you have a hw issue somewhere or have software related problems.) Take care of your battery and phone. Treat them as your beloved pets since these are our daily companions everywhere...

Treat them well and they will treat you well in turn. Like how the world works(most of the time :c)

Mrwhosetheboss Youtube Video Regarding Batteries. Around time 02:50 he explains it very well. Fast charging causes stress, slow and steady charge causes more stable energy transfer = filling battery better and more efficient. After watching it, factories shipping phones around %50 give or take to shops at same release years will make sense to you. It is more healthier for the battery. If you recieve your phone out of the box with less than %20, know that your phone was on the shelf for a long time, "phantom drain" is not that high for a closed phone out of the factory imo. I always got my phones around %30-50 in half a year to 1.5 years prior to release date.
to people who claimed i was wrong, here is another video. for a 100 cycle you can see the results by yourself. i recommend watching entire video. even though the test was done by 0-100, there is significant effect on the overall capacity.

knowing that even with decreasing power nearing full battery, this still puts a strain on them. i stand by my state and choice for many years, seen same behaviour. my batteries last longer compared to those who use fast charging.

slow charging ftw

Last edited:

MAOQ

May 6, 2015
Kharkiv

Plain text voltages:

acd-level notes:
Hello. Friend, can you tell me how to choose the right voltage in the case of Snapdragon 860?
Our guys use this:
692-194
627-192
585-129
499-65
427-65
345-20
257-17
150-1
100-1
But some people say that if you play, it is already dangerous. It's better to choose this:
692 - 224
585 - 144
499 - 96
427 - 64
345 - 56
257 - 17
195 - 16
I think this is normal.
Then the question is, I want to add another 675 between 585 and 692, I also want 100 and 150. :)
Here's how to choose the right voltage at this frequency?
Thank you in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's share best configs for OnePlus 8 PRO. Anyone used it?

What is this?

A simple app that can custom GPU frequency and voltage tables without recompiling the kernel, compatible for Snapdragon 865 series, 855 series, 888, 765 series, 750 / 690 series and 780G.

How it works?

By unpacking Boot / Vendor Boot image, decompiling and editing relevant dtb (device tree binary) files, and finally repacking and flashing.

Why "KonaBess"?

"Kona" is the code name of Snapdragon 865 series.
    Snapdragon 888 's GPU has minus improvement in energy efficiency, thus we are able to overclock sd865 and beat it. And this is the reason why the app was born.
    Though sd888 is compatible now, the app name won't change.
    How much improvement can I get?
    I see someone undervolted his sd865, reducing power cost 25% in gfx(4.2w->3.2w) bench.
    In fact, it is chip-specific and depends on your stability requirements.

Topic for Other Device

Download APK
    No adreno boost.
    Here's my config for less heat while trying to achieve maximum performance:
    https://drive . google . com/file/d/1GhjJJttl5UZvUIytOSF1LZmEaPzxGbh6/view?usp=drivesdk
    Paste and delete spaces.
    I experience very rare artifacts in Dolphin Emulator with this config, so if you all suggest some changes, you're welcome.
    If you manage to stabilize everything, I would be very grateful for sending the configuration. I care about the highest stability, energy efficiency and low temperatures.
    Imo it is stable now. Gpu stays at 490-525 most of the time. On heavier loads it starts to use 920. No artifacts. Drainage is more optimized compared to stock RA fork. In the video you can see with adreno boost set to low it uses 920mhz, then i disable it and it stays on 490. See the mA drain differences. Normally 920mhz comes with max voltage level, i dropped it 2 levels, got artifacts and bumped up 1 more. Basically it is 1 step lower than stock RA fork. Well many of the clock voltages are 2 or 3 steps lower.

Do you have a stock configuration? 🙂 May I flash a stock boot.img?
    if you want stock values, you should restore the images you backed up in konabess. if you didnt backup, try flashing your kernel's stock boot and dtbo images.

if you are using a kernel like radioactive, it should have dtbo and boot image in the zip. if you want to go back to stock oneplus kernel, you must dump payload, grab dtbo and boot image and flash them in fastboot.