• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Koodo releases SGSIII

Search This thread

Reidicus

Jan 8, 2013
Innisfail
Hello,

I am a proud owner of a SGS3(SGH-I747M) from koodo. Is there and offical forum for koodo members and this phone on the site? I got here from a google search. I was scrolling through the lists in the forums but did not find anything. Again, I love this phone!

Cheers!

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
Hello,

I am a proud owner of a SGS3(SGH-I747M) from koodo. Is there and offical forum for koodo members and this phone on the site? I got here from a google search. I was scrolling through the lists in the forums but did not find anything. Again, I love this phone!

Cheers!

Nope. this forum is fine for your koodo phone. I think...flash at your own risk.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Reidicus

Reidicus

Jan 8, 2013
Innisfail
I think Ill play it safe and wait for some more input before doing so. Id buy a second one just to play around with it but I would like to see other koodo members out there do some testing before I go ahead myself.

Only reason right now is I purchased a large mem card and want to move all the bloat ware, music/ringtones/media, ect over as the internal memory only shows up at 12gig. I was baffled at first. Thought they had the 16gig and 32gig models only. Or is it that the 4 gig is partitioned for system use? Still gettin all the info into my noggin. What a phone!

d3athsd00r

Feb 24, 2011
I think Ill play it safe and wait for some more input before doing so. Id buy a second one just to play around with it but I would like to see other koodo members out there do some testing before I go ahead myself.

Only reason right now is I purchased a large mem card and want to move all the bloat ware, music/ringtones/media, ect over as the internal memory only shows up at 12gig. I was baffled at first. Thought they had the 16gig and 32gig models only. Or is it that the 4 gig is partitioned for system use? Still gettin all the info into my noggin. What a phone!

So 16GB (1000 bytes/kilobyte) is actually only 14.9GiB (1024 bytes/kilobyte) which is what the system actually sees. After the 1.5GB system partition and various other small partition, your usable user-accessible storage comes out to ~12GB.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: Reidicus

crzygrmn

Mar 25, 2010
Winnipeg
most canadien GS3 are the i747m, bell rogers sasktell mts fido, so if the KOODO phone says its a i747m, this will be youre forum!
can you tell me if the KOODO phones come with KOODO junk software, my MTS comes completly clean stock samsung 4.1.1 any i747m can use!
or just go to sammimobile and lock for canadien unknown provider and get youreself a clean JB 4.1.1

Last edited:

Reidicus

Jan 8, 2013
Innisfail
I have the koodo stock root installed. Thanks guys. Now I want to make it brick proof. Trying to install clockwork recovery but cant find a compatible file. Waiting for clockwork to put my phone on the compatibility list.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Cheers!

Nope. this forum is fine for your koodo phone. I think...flash at your own risk.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

So 16GB (1000 bytes/kilobyte) is actually only 14.9GiB (1024 bytes/kilobyte) which is what the system actually sees. After the 1.5GB system partition and various other small partition, your usable user-accessible storage comes out to ~12GB.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Koodo is bell, isn't it?

Koodo is a subsidiary of Telus, not Bell.