Kospet Optimus 2 TWRP

Search This thread

canned_decadence

Sep 25, 2022
Yes with that cable.
Thank you for your reply.

Hi,
it looks like you got the two prong cable instead of the 4 prong cable! With your cable you just can charge the Watch. USB is not available.
Sometimes the Sellers send the 2 prong cable for reason i do not know, but i think you need a new magnetic 4 prong cable. Be carefull and do not buy the one for the Kospet Prime2. It has reverse polarity!!!
Good luck.
Thank you very much for pointing this out. I have subsequently purchased the correct cable. I got the watch second-hand, so the seller probably just gave me the wrong cable.

Thank you very much for pointing this out. I have subsequently purchased the correct cable. I got the watch second-hand, so the seller probably just gave me the wrong cable.
With your new Cable you will be able to flash another ROM, like the FAW RC1 from the FULLANDROIDWATCH Forum.
The FAW ROM is much better than the Stock one, especially the Batterylife and the Google Part.

Skorpion96

Aug 28, 2014
Palermo
flash the attachment on fastboot with the command:"fastboot flash lk lk-optimusII-modified.img" then do fastboot reboot, the boot warning about phone modified should be gone. thaks to @Zillion yhat made it for me

Attachments

• lk-optimusII-modified.img
    800.3 KB · Views: 16
flash the attachment on fastboot with the command:"fastboot flash lk lk-optimusII-modified.img" then do fastboot reboot, the boot warning about phone modified should be gone. thaks to @Zillion yhat made it for me
Very nice.
I have some questions about this modified IK-Partition:
Is the IK-Partition always the same for Optimus2, or does it change with the Firmware Versions?
So, on what Firmware Version you are running your Watch?

Zillion

I just did remove the annoying text using a Hex Editor (HxD in my case).
Wich makes the OrangeState warning not display anymore :)
Very nice.
I have some questions about this modified IK-Partition:
Is the IK-Partition always the same for Optimus2, or does it change with the Firmware Versions?
So, on what Firmware Version you are running your Watch?

okwhateverok

Sep 21, 2014
Amsterdam
The FAW rom is working correctly on this watch but i was not able to get TWRP working.

On the original firmware TWRP was working correctly so maybe anybody got it working on the FAW rom?

Skorpion96

Aug 28, 2014
Palermo
i just modded lk of firmware 1.7_20211201 and it works, i'll leave it there, you can flash it with "fastboot flash lk lk-optimusII-updated.img
it removes the string at boot "this device can't be trusted etc..." enjoy

Attachments

• lk-optimusII-updated.img
    1 MB · Views: 13

okwhateverok

Sep 21, 2014
Amsterdam
Im on RC1 because RC2 got suspended and is not supported anymore.

Did try a lot of things to get TWRP working with this FAW firmware but just couldn't get it right. Maybe developer could help...

Im on RC1 because RC2 got suspended and is not supported anymore.

Did try a lot of things to get TWRP working with this FAW firmware but just couldn't get it right. Maybe developer could help...
Yes, they could!
But - they won´t do - i asked already some time ago.
Not a lot of People are aware that a Android Watch, not Wear OS, exists!
And they do not have any need for it.
Just a few People downloaded the FAW RC1 and less joined the Closed Area for developing it!
So, more work for less people is useless and not much Profit - this was the End of it - i think so!
Also the Manufacturer switched from MediaTek to UniSOC Chips.
This also changes everything...
This are just my thoughts - i might be totally wrong - if so, please let me know!

okwhateverok

Sep 21, 2014
Amsterdam
Thanks for your reply Actrapit.

I think you are right about the low level of development and support from the manufacturers and those who financially got involved for profit...

And then there are the hobbyists users who could get far if they got the time to try keeping the development alive. And i think it is not a matter of days but months because there could be some general android bugs who should be solved before you could solve the bug on your specific rom.

Let's hope the development will start again if stopped because this watch is still for sale and because there is a chip problem in china because of boycot from the west...

Thanks for your reply Actrapit.

I think you are right about the low level of development and support from the manufacturers and those who financially got involved for profit...

And then there are the hobbyists users who could get far if they got the time to try keeping the development alive. And i think it is not a matter of days but months because there could be some general android bugs who should be solved before you could solve the bug on your specific rom.

Let's hope the development will start again if stopped because this watch is still for sale and because there is a chip problem in china because of boycot from the west...
Totally agree with it!
And thank you for taking your time to read and write here.
It is not a bug, it is a missing feature in the Kernel i think.
Or something on Java side, i really do not know exactly.
Unfortunalty i am no Dev.
What i do really need for an GSI Rom is a Launcher for Round Displays with full funktionallity like Android supposed to.
I like to switch between Round and Square to reach every Button in every App i use.
Until now i did not find one that worked for me.
Thats the reason why i only use this very great Device as a music player with ´Viper´ on it!
Hopefully some Dev will help here out and help me do the job or point me in the right Direction.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great work. Maybe we will see some DEV working on a custom ROM. The watch is great but unfortunately the SW not so much.
    Kospet Optimus 2 TWRP (unofficial)

TWRP 3.4.0.0 for Kospet Optimus 2

Settings
    About watch
    Build number
    Click on the build number
    Developer options enabled
    Back
    System
    Developer options
    OEM unlocking
    USB debugging

Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder
    Paste the recovery.img and vbmeta.img files inside the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
    Install drivers (may be required for some PCs).

Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot

Execute the following commands

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flashing unlock
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot

After your watch is turned on, execute the following command.

adb reboot recovery

KO2_TWRP.png
    KO2_TWRP2.png
    Thanks a lot for this version of TWRP for the Kospet Optimus 2!

Anybody successfully rooted this watch after installing this TWRP?
    Yeah. Install Magisk.zip with TWRP.

No worries.

My issue now is that after patching the boot.img with magisk and issuing the command to flash the new boot.img the command prompt says "waiting for any device" and nothing happens. I checked using ADB devices to confirm the watch is connected but the flash command doesn't detect it.

Do I need to put the watch into bootloader mode first?
    Yes.
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash boot boot_magiskxxx.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot