• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

KraKen Kernel by Team OctOs (d850,d851,d855,ls990,vs985)

Search This thread

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
What would you recommend to me as a governor (tunes?) for battery with smoothness? I wouldn't game with this profile.
First off, save current settings as a default profile. So you can reload them, should something go wrong.
Keep the Default Kraken and don't changes its tunables just yet. Change the CPU Min Freq to Lowest value permitted and the bring down the Cpu Max to 1 step bellow the G3 stock 2.5 GHZ. Then Undervolt across the board by 20 mV. (In other words, reduce the voltages for all Freq Steps by 20 mV). Make all the changes to stick at boot. Save the profile yourself. Reboot and observe the overall behavior.

cimdrap

Dec 27, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
i read the OP and i have some questions:
-why there is not the interactive governor that is the most optimized by google?
-is there fast charge for usb? i use to charge my phone with my laptop, but 0,5 A is annoying
-does it support 2 way cal recording?

Suigintou

Jan 13, 2013
Nancy
First off, save current settings as a default profile. So you can reload them, should something go wrong.
Keep the Default Kraken and don't changes its tunables just yet. Change the CPU Min Freq to Lowest value permitted and the bring down the Cpu Max to 1 step bellow the G3 stock 2.5 GHZ. Then Undervolt across the board by 20 mV. (In other words, reduce the voltages for all Freq Steps by 20 mV). Make all the changes to stick at boot. Save the profile yourself. Reboot and observe the overall behavior.

Let's try this, thx

OptoChip

Mar 8, 2012
Ohio
Sorry if I ask a potentially dumb question, but I cannot seem to get Kraken 9-22 to stick on my VS985 running BlissROM v6.4 (8-14 Build).

I'm assuming that it's due to Kraken being an AOSP kernel and Bliss is CM13 based?

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Sorry if I ask a potentially dumb question, but I cannot seem to get Kraken 9-22 to stick on my VS985 running BlissROM v6.4 (8-14 Build).

I'm assuming that it's due to Kraken being an AOSP kernel and Bliss is CM13 based?
Actually, KrAkEn is chiefly used with / a part of OctOS which is CM-based. So that's not necessarily the reason why it doesn't stick.

Which app are you using and what setting is not sticking? All?

LG G3 D851, PAC-ROM 6, Tapatalk 4.9.5

OptoChip

Mar 8, 2012
Ohio
I mean I can't seem to get the TWRP flash to stick. It doesn't give me any errors when I flash the zip but after rebooting I'm still on the old kernel. I've re-downloaded the zip and I've updated my TWRP version with no luck.

I should have worded the problem better in my original post, sorry lol.

Suigintou

Jan 13, 2013
Nancy

hello,

got 2h50 SoT down to 15%. including 30min youtube on data and 30min maps. That's not bad, but I'm trying to add some battery to the balance, since the phone is still really snappy, I can give up a little more of it.
I tried set down the GPU freq to 389Mhz, but it's not sticking well, always going back to 578Mhz (simple Ondemand). Need a fix??
Any advice for further battery improvement?

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I mean I can't seem to get the TWRP flash to stick. It doesn't give me any errors when I flash the zip but after rebooting I'm still on the old kernel. I've re-downloaded the zip and I've updated my TWRP version with no luck.

I should have worded the problem better in my original post, sorry lol.
Oh, I see. Strange. Are you flashing anything else after the kernel?
Only time I've seen that happen was with a ROM that had systemless SuperSU. I flashed new kernel followed by another flash of SU. SU, however, restored the original kernel.

Anyhind, can you take a screenshot after flashing? The standard PWR-VolDn works for taking shots in TWRP.

LG G3 D851, Mahdi KitKat ROM, microG Project (NoGapps), Tapatalk 4.9.5

Reactions: canodroid15

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
Did u modify the zip any the recovery log says it can't find the anykernel.sh I just downloaded the zip right from site to check again and the .sh file is there
3a96c5d46742b06633eb59c554bea119.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Reactions: EternalFlame

EternalFlame

Nov 11, 2014
@bthorne79

Hmmm nope, just downloaded it and tried it a few times with DU and Candy6 with a clean flash.
I´m using the latest TWRP build by Dadi, in case it may have something to do with that, also, this is the first kernel i can´t flash since i got this phone back in summer 2015.
Here is what it looks like inside the zip on my PC/Phone, and the file is also there, very weird.
Thanks for the replay tho.

Attachments

• krakenkernel.jpg
    krakenkernel.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
Any chance on getting the kernel that's 7.1 based?
Yes it will be happening again we as team decided to work on getting the octos rom 7.1.1 first before kernel I have already started as a personal build and it works great. When we get our first rom build out I'll get started on kernel again

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Octos Would like to present The Kraken Kernel!!​

Please read and follow any and all flashing guides, if something seems strange
    CLEAN FLASH :D
    Wipe Dalvik/Art
    Wipe Cache
    Flash Kernel For your device
    Reboot
    Enjoy

If you do happen to catch something, please do not report with out a LOG.
    Saying "this happens" and no proof.......... Well It didn't happen

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research before flashing it!
     *  YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */

All Kernel builds use the device's stock CyanogenMod 13 kernel

Kernel Features

Uber ToolChains

##########
    3 stock cpu_gov
    ONDEMAND
    CONSERVATIVE
    PERFORMANCE
    ##########
    5 custom cpu_gov
    KRAKEN
    BIOSHOCK
    WHEATLEY
    DARKNESS
    UMBRELLA CORE
    ##########
    Hot_plugs
    mpdecision
    msm-sleeper
    ##########
    Voltage table
    fauxsound
    and many more

Downloads
    Downloads can be found on our site
    https://www.teamoctos.com/kraken-kernel-oct-m/

Please do not mirror our files! We can do that ourselves if needed!

I want to give Credits to the following xda users.

@Flar2 - A hugh Thanks to Flar2 for his permission and help.
    @Jamison904 - For the Bioshock Governor
    @alucard_24 - For the Darkness Governor
    @twistedumbrella for the UmbrellaCore Governer
    @faux123 for many extras
    @Perseus for all his wisdom and help!!

For Header and great wallpapers Jason Townley
    https://plus.google.com/communities/104926447384916117447
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source Codes can be found here:
    Team OctOs GitHub - http://www.github.com/Team-OctOs
    Team OctOs Gerrit Review - http://www.teamoctos.com:8080
    Team OctOs GPLv2 License - http://www.teamoctos.com/license/
    Team OctOs Patreon Campaign - https://www.patreon.com/TOctOs

XDA:DevDB Information
    KraKen Kernel (d850,d851,d855,ls990,vs985), Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    bthorne79, canodroid15, cjkacz, Persues
    Source Code: https://github.com/Team-OctOS

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2016-08-21
    Last Updated 2016-08-21
    FIRST Reserved
    Hello,
    I just clean flash OctoOs + Kraken (coming from Fulmics 6.1) , it is really good for now. Only prob is some reboots, I'll come back with log next time I have one.

Thank you for your good work

Edit: Reboot when trying to pick simple_ondemand as governor on GPU.
    d159031c581a248ce87873e870d1a301.jpg

Reboot selecting is resolved for the simple_ondemand gpu dev_freq. Next release will have the fix

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Any chance on getting the kernel that's 7.1 based?
    Yes it will be happening again we as team decided to work on getting the octos rom 7.1.1 first before kernel I have already started as a personal build and it works great. When we get our first rom build out I'll get started on kernel again

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk