KraKen Kernel by Team OctOs (d850,d851,d855,ls990,vs985)

Search This thread

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
Could someone provide a full list of features that this kernel have?
the op has a list and if you want there is a link to the gerrit and github for everything we are doing. If everything ever was listed NO one will read the OP cause it has to much to read....lol but the main base is listed in OP there is more to come with the kernels for sure. We wanted to get the Stand-alone builds out for the users.

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
Is it wrong of me to flash the kernel from the 8/12 Oct rom? I mean I used flashify & backed up the kernel. It has allot more governors then flashing the kernel itself. I'm just curious, like is the one I backed up with flashify just specially built for Oct rom? Thank you by the way too.

Oh & also, is it better to use KA mod, or the one right from the play store? And if from play store, should I not update the app, it doesn't show me an update in my list of apps, but if I search for KA there is an update available. I'd have to uninstall with TB or root explorer & reinstall from play store

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk
no if you want to continue to use the rom based one thats fine it will not be included anymore the roms are going back to stock cm sorry as time progresses the kernel will have more in it as of now its a complete rebuild and following all gpl requirements.

Reactions: aheeejd

ins5736

Mar 14, 2013
Rochester
Love this Kernel and especially the governor. Great performance and battery balance.

Any chance fast charge can be added at some point?

Reactions: bthorne79

Suigintou

Jan 13, 2013
Nancy
Hello,
I just clean flash OctoOs + Kraken (coming from Fulmics 6.1) , it is really good for now. Only prob is some reboots, I'll come back with log next time I have one.

Thank you for your good work

Edit: Reboot when trying to pick simple_ondemand as governor on GPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsBasti

multi888

Mar 17, 2010
Hi Team Octos,

Am using Cloudy 2.5 With your kernel. Everything works fine except the stock music player. It can't play any song even install 3rd party player also didn't work.

Any idea to solve this?

Thank you

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Hi Team Octos,

Am using Cloudy 2.5 With your kernel. Everything works fine except the stock music player. It can't play any song even install 3rd party player also didn't work.

Any idea to solve this?

Thank you

Well, let's see. KraKen isn't designed for stock-based ROMs. Less designed for stock-based Lollipop.
I've heard about that issue when folks would use an AOSP/CM kernel on CloudyG3 LP, like Nebula for instance. I don't remember if anyone got around the sound problem.

Simply put, you're trying to use a kernel that (I assume) targets Marshmallow. The fact that it partially works is nice. However, if a kernel not designed for a particular Android/ROM doesn't work properly it wouldn't be a surprise and falls under the category of "too bad".

Since you're running stock-based Lollipop it makes more sense to try kernels targeting that (if you haven't already). Far as I know the Lollipop versions of Xceed, Solid, and Gabriel are still available for download.

LG G3 D851, OctOS-M ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Reactions: bthorne79

multi888

Mar 17, 2010
Well, let's see. KraKen isn't designed for stock-based ROMs. Less designed for stock-based Lollipop.
I've heard about that issue when folks would use an AOSP/CM kernel on CloudyG3 LP, like Nebula for instance. I don't remember if anyone got around the sound problem.

Simply put, you're trying to use a kernel that (I assume) targets Marshmallow. The fact that it partially works is nice. However, if a kernel not designed for a particular Android/ROM doesn't work properly it wouldn't be a surprise and falls under the category of "too bad".

Since you're running stock-based Lollipop it makes more sense to try kernels targeting that (if you haven't already). Far as I know the Lollipop versions of Xceed, Solid, and Gabriel are still available for download.

LG G3 D851, OctOS-M ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Hi,

Noted with thanks.

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
Hello,
I just clean flash OctoOs + Kraken (coming from Fulmics 6.1) , it is really good for now. Only prob is some reboots, I'll come back with log next time I have one.

d159031c581a248ce87873e870d1a301.jpg

Reboot selecting is resolved for the simple_ondemand gpu dev_freq. Next release will have the fix

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Cablespider

Jun 5, 2012
Chicago
I've been running the updated kernel for a while now. Stable as can be with simple_ondemand.

Last edited:

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
I'm running the version uploaded to AFH on the 28th. Simple_ondemand works like a champ on that build (8-27). I had no idea it wasn't a release build.
Yeah lol them are test builds for testers lol in had to find a place to host them since basketbuild is down. Please don't DL them
[emoji12] cause I can't say they are good till they are on the site

Reactions: cjkacz

Mystique

Oct 1, 2010
Hey all vs985 here.

Running the latest Resurrection Remix.

Sometimes the device will not charge even though the cable is plugged in.

If I reboot the phone with the power cable connected the phone will need to be three finger rebooted in order to actually start up properly.

And after a reboot the phone will now charge normally or even sometimes it will say Rapidly Charging..

Is that was other vs985 users experience?

The Waze GPS program, listening to music (spotify), and having the pulse navigation spectrum analyzer going.. Will be fine.. But at some point everything will be so laggy exiting apps doesn't help.. But leaving Waze seems to make it different..

Not sure what that might be..

Tunghur

Feb 7, 2013
La Plata
Hi! First at all, thanks for this great kernel! My question is: this project is alive or was stopped?
Thanks in advance!

- Xposed (v86)

canodroid15

Apr 5, 2014
Town Creek Alabama
www.teamoctos.com
Hi! First at all, thanks for this great kernel! My question is: this project is alive or was stopped?
Thanks in advance!

- Xposed (v86)
Oh its alive... Trust me! ;)

This is just the first release, were working on several other devices as well. There will be updates in the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Octos Would like to present The Kraken Kernel!!​

Please read and follow any and all flashing guides, if something seems strange
    CLEAN FLASH :D
    Wipe Dalvik/Art
    Wipe Cache
    Flash Kernel For your device
    Reboot
    Enjoy

If you do happen to catch something, please do not report with out a LOG.
    Saying "this happens" and no proof.......... Well It didn't happen

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research before flashing it!
     *  YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */

All Kernel builds use the device's stock CyanogenMod 13 kernel

Kernel Features

Uber ToolChains

##########
    3 stock cpu_gov
    ONDEMAND
    CONSERVATIVE
    PERFORMANCE
    ##########
    5 custom cpu_gov
    KRAKEN
    BIOSHOCK
    WHEATLEY
    DARKNESS
    UMBRELLA CORE
    ##########
    Hot_plugs
    mpdecision
    msm-sleeper
    ##########
    Voltage table
    fauxsound
    and many more

Downloads
    Downloads can be found on our site
    https://www.teamoctos.com/kraken-kernel-oct-m/

Please do not mirror our files! We can do that ourselves if needed!

I want to give Credits to the following xda users.

@Flar2 - A hugh Thanks to Flar2 for his permission and help.
    @Jamison904 - For the Bioshock Governor
    @alucard_24 - For the Darkness Governor
    @twistedumbrella for the UmbrellaCore Governer
    @faux123 for many extras
    @Perseus for all his wisdom and help!!

For Header and great wallpapers Jason Townley
    https://plus.google.com/communities/104926447384916117447
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source Codes can be found here:
    Team OctOs GitHub - http://www.github.com/Team-OctOs
    Team OctOs Gerrit Review - http://www.teamoctos.com:8080
    Team OctOs GPLv2 License - http://www.teamoctos.com/license/
    Team OctOs Patreon Campaign - https://www.patreon.com/TOctOs

XDA:DevDB Information
    KraKen Kernel (d850,d851,d855,ls990,vs985), Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    bthorne79, canodroid15, cjkacz, Persues
    Source Code: https://github.com/Team-OctOS

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2016-08-21
    Last Updated 2016-08-21
    FIRST Reserved
    Hello,

d159031c581a248ce87873e870d1a301.jpg

Reboot selecting is resolved for the simple_ondemand gpu dev_freq. Next release will have the fix

Any chance on getting the kernel that's 7.1 based?
    Yes it will be happening again we as team decided to work on getting the octos rom 7.1.1 first before kernel I have already started as a personal build and it works great. When we get our first rom build out I'll get started on kernel again

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk