[KS20] NV2 - QCN TOOLS V1.4 (new soft) [RELEASED]

Search This thread

weapons.b

Mar 19, 2009
Hi people

If i'm here today, it’s to present a new software which will enable you to create an NV2 or a QCN file with your imei. With this soft you can make a Branded or Unbranded file !!!!

Why did I create this software ? Because, spocky and other rom maker use a part of unbranded rom to build their roms and if anyone want to use those roms he needs to Unbrand nv2 file.

To secure the possible loss of your file, I have just added feature to create a new nv2 or qcn with your imei. Thus you won’t have to rebuild a new file with your imei

You can download the software here : http://www.mediafire.com/?zqmmjvhzayj
Screen :
ks20.jpg

If you want, Arthemus have make an other software here : http://www.mediafire.com/Arthemus
Screen :
nvrestorarthemus.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: grigtm

rickou26

Dec 26, 2007
(Polish / Orange) users

Hi,

For (Polish / Orange) users, you must use an unbranded NV (no Polish / Orange) for the latest Fara and Spocky ROM.

By.

Rickou26 (or Arthemus :D )

brunoargenton

Sep 4, 2008
not working for me..
i have the ms25 (american version) and my imei starts with 011435-00
my .nv2 is branded and causes an error.. what should i do?
I also tryed to generate an unbranded with "357323.. imei" .nv2 with both programs and did not work on my device.
thanks in advance

Last edited:

rickou26

Dec 26, 2007
Hi,

For NV2 of the IMEI is not crushed it should (with NV Creator): NV2 appoint its branded, uncheck IMEI and click generate. I am not sure that the NV is amended again compatible with the MS25.

By.

brunoargenton

Sep 4, 2008
din't worked.. =/ hey, if a send you my original .nv2 from ms25 can you try to unbrand for me?
even when i try to restore my original .nv2 to a branded or hybrid rom, it causes 'otp block'
i'm starting to think i've lost my phone functions forever.. =/

Last edited:

mutikt

Jul 17, 2008
To rickou26, When I'm opening my original branded nv2 (Polish/Orange) then IMEI RESTOR's recognizing it as Unbrand (Polish/Orange). Is this behaviour normal? Shouldn't IR identify my nv2 as Brand (Polish/Ornage)? Keep in mind that when I'm trying to open my orig nv2 with NV2-QCN TOOLS V1.4, I'm getting error message in a place where should be message about brnading of my nv2 file (Tried with at least 4 different copies of my nv2). Could you help me? Or tell which option from dropdown menu (IMIEI RESTOR) should I use to sucessfully flash latest Kiss20.5 ROM cause I'm confused now.

rickou26

Dec 26, 2007
IMEI Restor not mistaken :D . You certainly have a NV Unbranded (Polish / Orange).
For your NV2 works with Kiss20.5 must: In IMEI Restor open your file, then in the menu you select Unbranded (not Polish / Orange), you uncheck IMEI and click generate.

Your NV2 is ready !

mutikt

Jul 17, 2008
IMEI Restor not mistaken :D . You certainly have a NV Unbranded (Polish / Orange).

Thanks, I was confused becuse I bought KS20 from Orange Poland and never done anything with nv2 (only flashing hybrid ROMs).. so I was thinking that my nv2 should be branded. One more time thank you

PS. One more thing, now I have hybrid KisS20.4 ROM, so according to instructions before flashing 20.5a I need to reflash to 20.4 unbranded. At this point which nv2 should I use? "Unbrand" or "Unbrand (Polish/Orange)"?

Last edited:

zezika

May 11, 2008
Hi people

If i'm here today, it’s to present a new software which will enable you to create an NV2 or a QCN file with your imei. With this soft you can make a Branded or Unbranded file !!!!

Why did I create this software ? Because, spocky and other rom maker use a part of unbranded rom to build their roms and if anyone want to use those roms he needs to Unbrand nv2 file.

To secure the possible loss of your file, I have just added feature to create a new nv2 or qcn with your imei. Thus you won’t have to rebuild a new file with your imei

Screen :
ks20.jpg

If you want, Arthemus have make an other software here : http://www.mediafire.com/Arthemus
Screen :
nvrestorarthemus.jpg

Hello weapons,

I tried but on the LG software window, I have:

1/ Instead of getting LGE Mobile Security in the upper bar, I have LGE Mobile (Emergency Mode)
2/ I do not have the choice for the line marked NV Default and also the tick which is marked NV Backup/Restore

Could you ( or someone else) help me on that ?

Thank you in advance

Japserh

Jul 4, 2009
I really hope it works:) I have a short circuit or something in my phone. So I cant NV backup. But I want to flash my phone, so I'm first going to check if I can restore the new NV to the phone, before upgrading it:)

Japserh

Jul 4, 2009
Well I got the new WM 6.5 Rom working on my phone. Luckily I didn't need the NV2 File to get it working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

For LG P500 user Only !!!

1 Connect the phone via USB, launch LGMDP-v1.5 and select the port detected (LG USB drivers must be installed)
    2 Choose the folder where the. Dz was extracted for "Image Folder" (the following lines to provide information on their own)
    3 Tick NV Default and choose the new file NV2
    4 Check NV Backup / Restore and choose "Erase EFS"
    5 Clliquer "Start" and wait for the flash and reboot the phone

This NV2 should not be changed.
    Hi,

Here is an update of my software, I have included the seizure of the first digit of the IMEI.

By.
    Thnx for your help

So finally ,had no patience in finding how to edit the nv2 file

so flashed the one in the thread ,,along side the official v20G.kdz rom(greece) unpacked for lgmdp

I have signal now :D and my imei in settings is the unchanged :eek:

perfectly happy to revive my trust to the legendary p500.

Thnx again ,your help was incredible.

So if someone wants to restore imei ,i recommend to download a v20.kdz rom (It has fastboot() ,rly helpful)
    and use the above nv2 file

then just fastboot flash recovery and bam ,
    you have all you need to flash custom roms
    extract. kdz ->dz->img files

if i only choose "nv defaulf" as he says, i get an error when i try to tick "erase efs" saying i have no partition table
    i can make it work if i choose the V20G baseband files and add this NV2 as another thing to do on the update

want to make sure it's safe before i do something like this

what does he mean here?

First find a rom in kdz format.. the unbranded imei given a few posts earliers seems to have been extracted from v10H rom
    so it would be preferable to use a v10H.kdz rom
    check this list
    http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=4 (rom download)

then download lgextract tool .kdz->.dz format
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1566532

then dzdecryptor for .dz->img format used in lgmdp
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=453469

then you have all the stuff you need for lgmdp to flash the whole rom or whatever less you uncheck

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Hi,

For LG P500 user Only !!!

1 Connect the phone via USB, launch LGMDP-v1.5 and select the port detected (LG USB drivers must be installed)
    2 Choose the folder where the. Dz was extracted for "Image Folder" (the following lines to provide information on their own)
    3 Tick NV Default and choose the new file NV2
    4 Check NV Backup / Restore and choose "Erase EFS"
    5 Clliquer "Start" and wait for the flash and reboot the phone

This NV2 should not be changed.

thnx for the tool and nv2 file.hopefully will do the trick for me ..

SO,.. i got the tool+ HEX editor..

if i want to have my original IMEI in my phone should i edit
    with the tool or the HEX editor or flash first phone then edit or last resort not edit at all.

asking beacuse you suggest not to edit the file ..
    P.S. my original nv2 backup is corrupt ..

Also, trying to edit the file says error reading it ,probably because it thinks of ks20 phone model probably wont work.
    nv2 file opened in hexeditor is a bunch of data i cannot understand ,,is it possible to find where in the file is the imei stored or is it encrypted some way?

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

So i downloaded the HxD editor for windows

its works great and has a great compare files tool.
    so i would love to have another nv2 file from a generous person :D
    so that i might find where the IMEI is stored.

preferably the nv2 file would be identical to the one already given (i only know its v10h rom)
    except for the IMEI

thnx all for your support

if not posible i ll try the given nv2 with the different IMEI than mine (i live in Greece hopefully noone has the same IMEI)
    :p
    Hi people

Screen :
    ks20.jpg

Screen :
    nvrestorarthemus.jpg