Kunai 3 Gamepad Bluetooth Issue

Search This thread

MrRevan33

Mar 6, 2021
Hey guys, can someone help me out?

I just recently bought this gamepad, and it was working wonders on my PC (using it as bluetooth since my ROG 3 Phone hasn't been delivered yet). But here's the thing. Just recently I've tried to reconnect my gamepad via bluetooth to my PC, but there was an error. So I unpaired the gamepad, and tried to pair it again afterwards. But this time, I can't seem to find my Kunai 3 Gamepad anymore on the listed devices.

At first I thought it was just something wrong on the PC end, so I took my phone to check and pair it there. No results, I can't find the Kunai 3 device even on my phone's bluetooth. I know the steps to pair with the gamepad. I tried using the USB mode and it works directly to my PC, no issues there. But the problem still persists that I can't find my device on Bluetooth anymore. Its like it bugged out since that last failed pairing session.

Does anyone here know if I can find a way to reset the gamepad? This might be a software issue. I found a reset button besides the M2 button behind the left controller, but I don't know how to use it. There's no instructions on the manual, even online. :(

Thank you in advance.

ReCiDiV

Aug 6, 2020
Press the button in the lower left corner on the left gempad, the blue indicator should be blinking. I sent my gepad back, the mounting structures and the lack of plugs for attaching the cover confused me and the unrealistically large size with the gempads connected in my hands is just ugly and inconvenient. Very unlucky gempad and size, if you use only bluetooth, then it's good, but the price is too high. For a phone, this gempad is simply not needed if there is no docking station. But everyone has their own tastes, which are not argued about

MrRevan33

Mar 6, 2021
Press the button in the lower left corner on the left gempad, the blue indicator should be blinking. I sent my gepad back, the mounting structures and the lack of plugs for attaching the cover confused me and the unrealistically large size with the gempads connected in my hands is just ugly and inconvenient. Very unlucky gempad and size, if you use only bluetooth, then it's good, but the price is too high. For a phone, this gempad is simply not needed if there is no docking station. But everyone has their own tastes, which are not argued about

I know how to pair via bluetooth, but the issue is even though it's blinking and pairing, the device won't show up anymore. I was wondering if there's a way to reset the gamepad itself.

And yeah, the gamepad depends on the taste of the user. But for me it's pretty neat since I can do touch mapping when my ROG 3 comes around soon.

Gakomi

Mar 8, 2021
I have the exact same issue, found no fix so far. To make matters worst now I can't even update it to new firmware. When I connect it to the phone it finds the 3.something update starts updating disconnects at the end and when it restarts I get the update again meaning it faild ! Asus told me to send it to an asus repair shop but I can't do that as I got mine second hand because I could not find it anywhere else. And no I did not buy a broken one cause it was working fine untile like 2 weeks ago! In fact when I got it first thing it did was an update and it worked just fine then as well as after until 2 weeks ago :(

ReCiDiV

Aug 6, 2020
This is a failure. As well as rog phone 3 itself. The screen problem still torments me. Updating doesn't help. The phone cost 1.199 € and the warranty does not recognize a mistake with the screen. I was lucky that I got rid of gempada in two days. Everything that comes from the Asus rog phone turns out to be a failed experiment ... We are not experimental to do this with us ... I will not take anything else from the mobile that is related to Asus, bitter experience and disappointment in endless expectations have already been enough for me ..

Gakomi

Mar 8, 2021
This is a failure. As well as rog phone 3 itself. The screen problem still torments me. Updating doesn't help. The phone cost 1.199 € and the warranty does not recognize a mistake with the screen. I was lucky that I got rid of gempada in two days. Everything that comes from the Asus rog phone turns out to be a failed experiment ... We are not experimental to do this with us ... I will not take anything else from the mobile that is related to Asus, bitter experience and disappointment in endless expectations have already been enough for me ..
I have no problem with the phone, the phone is actually grate for me so far, it's better then anything I've seen. Don't know about the other accessories to it (cause everything is out of stock and I can't get them) but I'm disappointed in the Kunai 3, not only because of the problems I have with them but also the fact that they feel really cheep and there is almost no support regarding them!

jdsemler

Aug 17, 2007
Austin
I had the same issue. The fix for me was to take an apostrophe out of the phone's name. I had it as Name's ROG Phone 3. Changing it to Names ROG Phone 3 made it pair straight away.