• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KVT][GSI] ''Install any PIE rom [MOTO Z2 PLAY] UPDATE 1.4

Search This thread

GuiBBarbosa

Aug 26, 2016
nav bar

guys, i've installed the latest version of dirty pixel and i'm trying to find the option to enable the old buttons on the screen

the gestures in the fingerprint sensor works fine, but i particularly prefer the on screen buttons, can someone help me plss?

davidsonsjesus

guys, i've installed the latest version of dirty pixel and i'm trying to find the option to enable the old buttons on the screen

the gestures in the fingerprint sensor works fine, but i particularly prefer the on screen buttons, can someone help me plss?
Edit /vendor /build.prop find the line "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" and change "1" for "0", save and restart the phone.

Oshmar

Aug 19, 2016
Rio de Janeiro
Only NFound's gsi is running, which is delayed, doesn't work on any gsi as it is in the description, you should remove this information so there are no surprises.
Or tell if you need to install an 8.1 treble rom before performing the process.

Getting back to stock ... maybe tomorrow or later I will try to flash some gsi after flashing at rr 8.1 treble. KVT only works with NFound gsi. So it makes no sense to flash an old gsi.

Last edited:

execelblaze

Aug 6, 2019
Hello, I used Pixel Experience, Dirtypixel, Dot OS but everyone have the same problem

I am unable to make calls through Jio Volte but when someone calls me on the same number then I'm receiving calls. I don't know what is wrong with this. I'm experiencing this during making calls only not during receiving. Please help me with this.

sukrit gupta

Dec 10, 2014
Hello, I used Pixel Experience, Dirtypixel, Dot OS but everyone have the same problem

I am unable to make calls through Jio Volte but when someone calls me on the same number then I'm receiving calls. I don't know what is wrong with this. I'm experiencing this during making calls only not during receiving. Please help me with this.

I have the same problem.
After installing ims.apk it works all good but when I reboot the phone, I have to install it again for it to work and make calls

nithin.danday

Sep 16, 2019
Chop Chop

Dude, I say chop-chop whenever I use the flashlight gesture, its crazy that thats what you call it too.

kvt.png

Introducing you the best way to install new Android 9 GSI roms
We remind you that we are not responsible for damages caused by a bad installation, but read all the contents
For this to be possible, I advise you to have the device with Bootloader unlocked and already be using Treble recovery

WHATS IS KVT ?
KVT is a base for you to install any GSI (not sGSI) aonly 64-bit based on Lineage or Aosp on your Albus, keeping the main features independent of the chosen GSI image such as:
Double-twist to open the camera;
Chop-chop for flashlight;
Wave to silence;
Pick up to stop ringing.
In addition of course turbo charge, sensors, camera, fully functional radios, Fix Green Tint, Auto Focus, Front Camera, Volte, Check SafetyNet pass, Gcam by San1ty,
IMPORTANT: Volte fix, function properly enabled, but to work you need to install ims.apk

HOW TO INSTALL ROM GSI
*Install Treeble recovery
* Wipe System/Data/Dalvik Cache/Cache
* Install KVT 1.4 - Developer: davidsonsjesus
* Suggestion GSI Developer: NFound
ROMs in the ARM64 version aonly

* Once the restart is complete, go back to the recovery and install GAAPS nano android 9 arm64
*After that if you like you can install Magisk and ready

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q: Is my device still factory-manufactured, what should I do to use a GSI?
A: You must first unlock the bootloader of the device, then install TWRP Treble.

Q: Hey and I already use GSI, but I want to update?
A: no problem, just install kvt, make the following wipes described above and upgrade your device

Q: I already know kvt, how to update?
A: Just download the KVT file. restart the device in recovery mode, Dalvik Cache / Cache, in install choose downloaded file and install, after restart the device and ready, updated

Q: Will kvt always be up to date?
A: Yes, updates are required so that the device always works normally

Sources:
Kernel
Tree

Credits:
phhusson
brunorochaa00
rahulsnair
davidsonsjesus
LineageOS
Firehound

LEARN MORE ABOUT KVT
t.me/albuskvt
@albuskvt

Klen2

I had the same problem, have you try format using the terminal in TWRP? for some reason TWRP is unable to format encrypted partitions.
type this inside the terminal
cat /etc/fstab

the output is something like this;
/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /system ext4 rw 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 /cache f2fs rw 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p54 /data f2fs rw 0 0

So in my case i have my /data on device /dev/block/mmcblk0p54, then i put the code below to format;
mkfs.f2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p54
after this, problem solve, sometimes twrp says that the DATA is in use and cannot be formatted, just reboot and try again.

Thanks, worked for me

Dec 12, 2019
kvt.png

We remind you that we are not responsible for damages caused by a bad installation, but read all the contents
For this to be possible, I advise you to have the device with Bootloader unlocked and already be using Treble recovery

WHATS IS KVT ?
KVT is a base for you to install any GSI (not sGSI) aonly 64-bit based on Lineage or Aosp on your Albus, keeping the main features independent of the chosen GSI image such as:
Wave to silence;
Pick up to stop ringing.
In addition of course turbo charge, sensors, camera, fully functional radios, Fix Green Tint, Auto Focus, Front Camera, Volte, Check SafetyNet pass, Gcam by San1ty,
IMPORTANT: Volte fix, function properly enabled, but to work you need to install ims.apk

HOW TO INSTALL ROM GSI

* Once the restart is complete, go back to the recovery and install GAAPS nano android 9 arm64

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

A: You must first unlock the bootloader of the device, then install TWRP Treble.

A: no problem, just install kvt, make the following wipes described above and upgrade your device

A: Just download the KVT file. restart the device in recovery mode, Dalvik Cache / Cache, in install choose downloaded file and install, after restart the device and ready, updated

Sources:
Kernel
Tree

Credits:
phhusson
brunorochaa00
rahulsnair
davidsonsjesus
LineageOS
Firehound

LEARN MORE ABOUT KVT
t.me/albuskvt
@albuskvt

I have 2 questions, what is Treeble Recovery and why i can't download it (I Have Moto Z2 Play)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kvt.png

WHATS IS KVT ?
    Wave to silence;
    Pick up to stop ringing.

HOW TO INSTALL ROM GSI

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Sources:
    Kernel
    Tree

Credits:
    phhusson
    brunorochaa00
    rahulsnair
    davidsonsjesus
    LineageOS
    Firehound

LEARN MORE ABOUT KVT
    t.me/albuskvt
    @albuskvt
    Can the moto mod manager not be included in the base?
    well, I already fail on getting to that treble recovery. GDrive says I have to request the permissions, but clicking on request just comes back with "message couldn't be send". Or is this the one meant: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904007189 ?
    In that case you might want to update the link in your post

But do I understand right? When coming from stock, i have to
    • install treble ready TWRP
    • install GSI enabled 8.1 ROM
    • wipe system, data, cache and dalvik
    • install KVT
    • flash a Pie GSI ROM (Oreo kernel afterwards not neccessary because included in KVT?)
    • reboot
    • flash opengapps (why nano? won't the rest just work too?)
    • reboot to ready system
    Not working bro I have tried havoc is and pixel experience.
    Worked perfectly fine, using AEX currently and used Crdroid for a month

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

A question for the developers of this ROM. This ROM will continue to be developed, will there be update with the security Pach in the coming months? Thank you
    You can update the GSI, if it gets security updated, you just flash the new GSI as system