L Speed Feature Suggestions

Search This thread

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
This is L Speed's suggestions thread.
You can suggest/request features for the app, and it might get approved.
Just tag Paget96 in your comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: zputnyq

zputnyq

Apr 19, 2013
What if battery profile for hotplug gov in gov tuner is set like this

Down differential 5
Up threshold 95

I follow the tutorial for my device from here & it perhaps suitable for most device

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/general/ref-kernel-governors-modules-o-t1369817

I have tried it, device is cooler & could save more battery especially with small number on down differential. With smaller number cpu freq will go down faster ?

Sent from my Z205 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac

Down differential 5
Up threshold 95

I follow the tutorial for my device from here & it perhaps suitable for most device

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s2/general/ref-kernel-governors-modules-o-t1369817

I have tried it, device is cooler & could save more battery especially with small number on down differential. With smaller number cpu freq will go down faster ?

Will do a check and talk with GovTuner devs. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac

Down differential 5
Up threshold 95

I have tried it, device is cooler & could save more battery especially with small number on down differential. With smaller number cpu freq will go down faster

@Debuffer @N1m0Y

evildog1

May 2, 2012
I have more suggestions.

Auto trim, with options to change Trim Time, Trim Frequency, and Trim Notification. I have older low-end tablets that require trimming often because they slow down after 1-2 days deep sleep. The kernel in my tablets are not well optimized.

Disable apps startup. It is very useful because some apps auto start and running in background and draining battery and transmit some data. I don't use Facebook and other heavy battery drain apps but it is annoying that some browsers auto start and running in background. Right now i'm using a cleaner app that have option to disable apps from startup

phoberus

Oct 21, 2013
Disable apps startup. It is very useful because some apps auto start and running in background and draining battery and transmit some data. I don't use Facebook and other heavy battery drain apps but it is annoying that some browsers auto start and running in background. Right now i'm using a cleaner app that have option to disable apps from startup
+1

Reactions: LazerL0rd

LazerL0rd

Nov 2, 2016
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
www.thezest.dev
Add option to exclude apps from clearing cache is my suggestions.
I want to clear cache except NFS: No Limits that store game assets in cache partition
Developers that make the game store the cache in cache partition, don't know how to make proper OBB or store cache in /sdcard0/Android/data

Hope it's not too much of OT, but that is one great game for mobile! Apparently you can change the graphics or something.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

You'd need ADB for that, well actually you can use root. I've been using "App Ops" but yeah, that'll be cool to have in L Speed (^^)!

zputnyq

Apr 19, 2013

Oh it's different devs.

Maybe these could also help for building gov tuner scripts on mtk devices.
I got these links from someone here but forgot the name. He/she said that mtk mostly may come with these

https://android.googlesource.com/ke...-kitkat-mr2/drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_balance.c

https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/mediatek/+/2b36ee80fc7af58da2213704ef39a0ca939de79a^!/

@Debuffer & @N1m0Y

Thank you so much for forwarding bro @Paget96

Last edited:

realista87

Sep 3, 2011
marche
I have more suggestions.
i am quite a noob but im am sure that MOST rom already include this feature. am i wrong?
in miui like other roms...there are options to disable specific apps from starting themselves...... i think that L speed app should never become an oversized all in 1 app........ there are other apps for battery life that works differently.

however i still have to understand well how precisely this app works.... could someone say me what are the PRECISE POINTS where Lspeed make a tweak?
i think:
1) build.prop
2)scripts at startup that modify/optimize the governors
3) ??
4)????

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
i am quite a noob but im am sure that MOST rom already include this feature. am i wrong?
in miui like other roms...there are options to disable specific apps from starting themselves...... i think that L speed app should never become an oversized all in 1 app........ there are other apps for battery life that works differently.

however i still have to understand well how precisely this app works.... could someone say me what are the PRECISE POINTS where Lspeed make a tweak?
i think:
1) build.prop
2)scripts at startup that modify/optimize the governors
3) ??
4)????
Read L Speed's OP. Every info you need is there.

evildog1

May 2, 2012

My device does not have this option unfortunately.

phoberus

Oct 21, 2013
Maybe you can add compatibility in govtuner for Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS) govs.
I don't use a kernel with EAS, but there are more and more kernel with it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The following suggestion is relevant to v1.4.19:
    - lower end of animations is limited to 'off', 0.5, 1.0, 1.5
    - I use 0.75 on most devices as 0.5 is too jumpy
    - suggest adding following values: 0.25, 0.75 and 1.25
    L Speed will have few things from suggestions in next beta.

Stay tuned ;)

I have to suggest one function.

What about toggling grayscale?

Read a bit about it on Google.

Dan, I have a suggestion for L Speed.
    I have an idea, but of course if it's possible. Since L Speed also concern to battery, what if L speed is given a feature to view wakelocks & alarms. Also it will show the service/s which cause them.
    For example, when net scheduler wakelock is tabbed, then it shows which service cause it.
    Add option to exclude apps from clearing cache is my suggestions.
    I want to clear cache except NFS: No Limits that store game assets in cache partition
    Developers that make the game store the cache in cache partition, don't know how to make proper OBB or store cache in /sdcard0/Android/data
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone