What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Could you please share your setup ? :)

Code:
If (RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Headset" ) EQ 1)
Run ("\Program Files\Tools\Screen-Off.exe")
ElseIf (RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Cradled" ) EQ 1)
ElseIf (wndActive ("Start"))
   PowerOff
Else
EndIf

Above script is mapped to utask soft button & long press is mapped to disconnect active data connection or launch MSVC.
utask is very useful & has quite a few setting options making it adjustable to most requirements.

Last edited:

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
Above script is mapped to utask soft button & long press is mapped to disconnect active data connection or launch MSVC.
utask is very useful & has quite a few setting options making it adjustable to most requirements.

Wow !!!

Do you mean it can override the hard-coded behavior for the power / endcall button ? :eek:

So it would also solve the problem of not being able to launch QuickShutDown by an endkey long press on the HD2, for instance ?

Mr Black'd

Sep 17, 2009
Athens
Does anybody know why is there an issue in 26 april 29020 roms with updating music library?
I have deleted from SD Card all my music files and replaced them with new ones and I have been waiting for at least 30 min the music tab to update all songs list but nothing happens.
Is there any reg edit or sth else that can be done so as to make the procedure work properly and/or faster?

guidogsbn

Feb 7, 2010
Bonn, Germany
Ho,ho,ho !

29020 ROM now seems to be the stable and powerful version, that I never found in the 29xxx versions before!

Too bad, we European users can´t use the extreme rom, that should be very nice to have.
Any experience with the new extreme roms ? Just for interest...:)

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
29020 ROM now seems to be the stable and powerful version, that I never found in the 29xxx versions before!

Too bad, we European users can´t use the extreme rom, that should be very nice to have.
Don't worry for that, I'll be glad already if he cooks a french 29020... I can't wait ! :p

any body know how to get the today plugings back? I mean the SMS , Wireless, Calendar and .... plugins back?:confused:
Huh ? :confused:

Do you really mean... Windows Mobile Tody plugins ??? :eek:

But HTC Sense IS a Today plugin, and it can be used alone only !

If you want widgets, use CHT.

If you want Windows Mobile Today plugins, then disable Sense and go back to WM6.5 Titanium. Your choice.

I'm even not sure you have much plugins there, as Titanium is a plugin, too.

You should then disable Titanium, too...

And WM6.5 isn't WM6.1 nor WM5, WM2003, etc. : not a lot of plugins there... :D

Sugocy

Oct 9, 2009
Code:
If (RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Headset" ) EQ 1)
ElseIf (RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Cradled" ) EQ 1)
ElseIf (wndActive ("Start"))
   PowerOff
Else
EndIf

Would it be possible to map a switch between WCMDA and GSM network!? If so, where can I find any documentation on this? :)

Thanks in advance!
Sugocy

Mr Black'd

Sep 17, 2009
Athens
So is there any suggestion abt issue in updating music tab library if there is a change in mp3 files that were in the SD card? It takes too long, still updating but without success

swiss420

Jul 15, 2007
www.swiss420.ch

Hopefully they improved the builds a little. They had enough Releases to practice on. ;)

Regarding the Extreme ROM dont feel to bad because it was not theexhilarating experience I was hoping for. It worked and it worked well but it dident feel faster or more stable. I prefer when NRG includes Opera etc anyway. It just works out better for me then when I Install a Version afterwards. Offcourse to People that want to use another Browser etc a Extreme Version could be more interessting to them then to me. If 29020 realy is one of the last Builds from Microsoft hopefully NRG will make a few different versions.

nygmam

Oct 15, 2007
New York, NY
I like the extreme ROMs but after trying the new ones I still revert to the one in my sig as it has everything I could ever want and is bug free. I still try them though, but so far nothing beats the Nov Extreme Rom.

Sent from my HTC HD2

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Wow !!!

Do you mean it can override the hard-coded behavior for the power / endcall button ? :eek:

So it would also solve the problem of not being able to launch QuickShutDown by an endkey long press on the HD2, for instance ?

No, this is for additional utask touch button but hardkey endkey long press can be remapped easily to launch any app by overwriting one file in windows directory, have done this & have quickshutdown launching on long press which is far better than default setup !
Will post more about this tomorrow when have more free time.

some of energy ROM builds has a bit of a messy quicklaunch integration duplicating quickshutdown files in windows directory & program files, with some ROMs having bad files in programs folder.
Quicklaunch & endkey longpress could do with a bit of adjustment on Energy ROMs I tested (newest I tested was 29017)

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Would it be possible to map a switch between WCMDA and GSM network!? If so, where can I find any documentation on this? :)

Thanks in advance!
Sugocy

I think yes, look at the mortscript thread & search that thread as a starting point.
This has been spoken about a few times so a software toggle app may be available !.
If I spot anything I will post it.

Z80-Man

May 29, 2009
Noumea
So is there any suggestion abt issue in updating music tab library if there is a change in mp3 files that were in the SD card? It takes too long, still updating but without success
Yes, this is how to do it manually :

1) Kill AudioManager_Eng.exe process, if running (or you could actually just reboot and avoid to go to the Music tab - unless you put a shortcut in \Windows\Startup to force building the list at startup)

2) Browse to the \Application Data\HTC\AudioManager_Eng folder

3.a) If AudioManager_Eng wasn't previously running, just delete AudioManager_Eng.vol

3.b) If AudioManager_Eng was previously running, the system won't let you delete it now, but it will let you rename it, so give it any name you want. :p

Now reboot, then go back to the \Application Data\HTC\AudioManager_Eng folder, and delete the old (renamed) file)

4) You can now just go to the Music tab and let AudioManager_Eng.exe rebuild the file.

Enjoy ! ;)

P.S. I'm going to write a MortScript to do that. I'll post a CAB with shortcut, icon, and so on. :)

Does anyone know if MortScript is able to kill a task ? :p

No, this is for additional utask touch button but hardkey endkey long press can be remapped easily to launch any app by overwriting one file in windows directory, have done this & have quickshutdown launching on long press which is far better than default setup !
Will post more about this tomorrow when have more free time.

some of energy ROM builds has a bit of a messy quicklaunch integration duplicating quickshutdown files in windows directory & program files, with some ROMs having bad files in programs folder.
Quicklaunch & endkey longpress could do with a bit of adjustment on Energy ROMs I tested (newest I tested was 29017)
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's wasted room, and our poor non-Tmous ROM badly needs room ! ;)

Fortunately, "\My Documents\My Wallpapers" and "\Windows\Animated Wallpapers" contents aren't in ROM (they are probably added during the ROM installation process), so they can be deleted to make quite a lot of room. :)

It's then not a problem if NRGZ goes on providing them : people willing to use them can still move them to the SD card and keep them if they like them, but are still able to recover precious storage space.

If NRGZ could deploy most of optional features this way, it would be really great, actually ! :cool:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
    IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

please explain.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone