[L3 II][APK] Unlock Bootloader & TWRP/Philz Installer

Search This thread

ElDainosor

Oct 3, 2014
Hello there, here i share some mods i made to the recovery installer and i posted on a spanish forum but i think it will be better if i keep it here on XDA. Enjoy

What is Recovery and what it does?
Recovery is a way Android Phones boot up, usually used for wipe user data. More often, it's used for "Factory Data Reset" option on settings app. It's being modified by users for have more features.

What is Bootloader and what it does?
Bootloader is a "Boot Manager" which is usually locked by OEM to prevent some unsigned operating system could be installed. Unlocking it is essential for install a system modification (excepting root).

What things can i do with recovery?
You can wipe all your data, the app cache, make a backup of your actual OS, install a ROM/Mod and,in case something goes wrong, restore your system with the backup made previously.

It's easy to do all those stuff? What should i know before doing this?
First: you should have some things on your phone, but take it easy. The only thing you should consider is: "When you unlock the bootloader, you're voiding your warranty". So, it's your choice if you want to continue or not.

4V4y6FR.png

About:

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

LOKI?
Please Read FAQ in main thread before flashing

Features:
  • Includes ADB Sideload
  • You can customize the colors, and the background what you like
  • Take Screenshots
  • Touch UI
  • More features
Cons:
  • Not have an MTP Connection
  • Don't have the Aroma FM (easy to fix)

Latest version avaliable for this device: 6.59.0
Update: This recovery isn't compatible with CM12.1 .

j1FJgbR.png

About:

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM

You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Features:
  • Includes MTP on Recovery
  • Compressions on backups
  • Take Screenshots
  • Touch UI
  • More features
Cons:
  • Compression in backups may have some issues
  • Not so easy to customize (in comparation of philz)

Latest version avaliable for this device: 3.0.0
Update: This recovery is compatible with CM12.1 and CM13.

Thanks to this people to make this work possible:
@Phil3759 - Author of PhilZ Recovery // TeamWin - Authors of TWRP
@vuminhduc_1998 - @Caio99BR - @ensarman and me (a little bit)​

Last edited:

ElDainosor

Oct 3, 2014
FAQ:

This is like the installer made by @vuminhduc_1998 ?
Is the installer made by Vu Minh Duc, only i just updated with the 2 new recoverys and make it compatible with CM and Stock ROM.

It will work on L3 II Dual? On E431? on E430?
Yeah, this recovery installer works on: E425 (being f,g,h or simply E425), E430, E431 and E435.

How can i Fix the Aroma FM on PhilZ?
You have to download the Aroma File Manager and place it on Internal SD, on the directory clockworkmod/aromafm. Note: The file name should be aromafm.zip.

Last edited:

clobson1

Oct 13, 2015
Just install the apk TWRP to upgrade from old recoverys :) this one work like charm!! I tested the recovery TRWP in all the ROMs customs and originals, work really well. Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there, here i share some mods i made to the recovery installer and i posted on a spanish forum but i think it will be better if i keep it here on XDA. Enjoy

What is Recovery and what it does?
    Recovery is a way Android Phones boot up, usually used for wipe user data. More often, it's used for "Factory Data Reset" option on settings app. It's being modified by users for have more features.

What is Bootloader and what it does?
    Bootloader is a "Boot Manager" which is usually locked by OEM to prevent some unsigned operating system could be installed. Unlocking it is essential for install a system modification (excepting root).

What things can i do with recovery?
    You can wipe all your data, the app cache, make a backup of your actual OS, install a ROM/Mod and,in case something goes wrong, restore your system with the backup made previously.

It's easy to do all those stuff? What should i know before doing this?
    First: you should have some things on your phone, but take it easy. The only thing you should consider is: "When you unlock the bootloader, you're voiding your warranty". So, it's your choice if you want to continue or not.

4V4y6FR.png

About:

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

LOKI?
    Please Read FAQ in main thread before flashing

Features:
    • Includes ADB Sideload
    • You can customize the colors, and the background what you like
    • Take Screenshots
    • Touch UI
    • More features
    Cons:
    • Not have an MTP Connection
    • Don't have the Aroma FM (easy to fix)

Latest version avaliable for this device: 6.59.0
    Update: This recovery isn't compatible with CM12.1 .

j1FJgbR.png

About:

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM

You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Features:
    • Includes MTP on Recovery
    • Compressions on backups
    • Take Screenshots
    • Touch UI
    • More features
    Cons:
    • Compression in backups may have some issues
    • Not so easy to customize (in comparation of philz)

Latest version avaliable for this device: 3.0.0
    Update: This recovery is compatible with CM12.1 and CM13.

Thanks to this people to make this work possible:
    @Phil3759 - Author of PhilZ Recovery // TeamWin - Authors of TWRP
    @vuminhduc_1998 - @Caio99BR - @ensarman and me (a little bit)​
    FAQ:

This is like the installer made by @vuminhduc_1998 ?
    Is the installer made by Vu Minh Duc, only i just updated with the 2 new recoverys and make it compatible with CM and Stock ROM.

It will work on L3 II Dual? On E431? on E430?
    Yeah, this recovery installer works on: E425 (being f,g,h or simply E425), E430, E431 and E435.

How can i Fix the Aroma FM on PhilZ?
    You have to download the Aroma File Manager and place it on Internal SD, on the directory clockworkmod/aromafm. Note: The file name should be aromafm.zip.
    Good job for this @ElDainosor. Thanks. Just one suggestion, if you can add what version of Philz and TWRP it installs. I don't see it anywhere on first post or I am blind. :D

Added and updated mirror for TWRP
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone