• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Laggy videos

Search This thread

kaliko1991

Jun 12, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi everyone, I bought an S20 FE a week ago (the 4G Snapdragon version SM-G780G), the first thing I did is to root it because I knew that if I wanted to do it in the future I had to delete all of my data because is part of the process when you unlock the bootloader and I just wanted to do it right away.

The thing is that, now that I'm fully using it, I'm experiencing some issues while watching videos, I'm not talking about a certain app, I'm talking about videos in general, if I want to watch videos on YouTube, Facebook, TikTok or directly on the browser I can't do it properly. What happens is that the video starts with no sound at all, at about 3 seconds after that the video just freezes and then the sound that didn't play for those 3 seconds now is playing (but the video is frozen), when the audio reaches the same point as the video then the video starts playing again but no sound at all, 3 seconds after that same process, video freezes then the audio starts playing and so on.

I've been searching but no luck, can you guys point me in the right direction?

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
I'd try flashing your stock rom again, download it fresh and make sure it's the correct one.
use a backup app and good file browser to save stuff you don't wanna lose.
if you didn't have this problem before and others aren't having it along with you maybe some data got corrupted for video codecs ?

did you root with TWRP or patching AP ?
if it's the latter did you use ADB pull to move it back to PC or just windows ?

kaliko1991

Jun 12, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Can you recommend me a good backup app? I've already setted up my phone and I don't wanna lose anything.

The thing is that the first thing I did is to root the phone so I don't know if the problem was there before.

I downloaded the stock ROM via Frija and the root was done via AP patch with Odin.

Thanks for answering.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Can you recommend me a good backup app? I've already setted up my phone and I don't wanna lose anything.

The thing is that the first thing I did is to root the phone so I don't know if the problem was there before.

I downloaded the stock ROM via Frija and the root was done via AP patch with Odin.

Thanks for answering.
how did you move the patched AP archive back to your computer ?

we're supposed to use ADB to pull the file from the phone. using the normal windows file manager via USB isn't recommend for huge files. one wrong bit of data can have caused your problem.

I use an app from F-Droid called OAndBackupX but it only backs up apps and app data not system settings. you could try backing up some system apps and their data...
or you'd need either TWRP or (if it still works) titanium backup.

kaliko1991

Jun 12, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Well, the tutorial that I followed didn't require me to pull a huge file from my phone, just a boot.img.lz4 file that weight about 26 MB, maybe that's where everything went wrong.

Also I didn't install the TWRP, do you recommend to do the process all over again with the TWRP method?

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Well, the tutorial that I followed didn't require me to pull a huge file from my phone, just a boot.img.lz4 file that weight about 26 MB, maybe that's where everything went wrong.

Also I didn't install the TWRP, do you recommend to do the process all over again with the TWRP method?
if you wanna be sure it's probably for the best. guess you couldn't have gotten the repacking wrong because it flashed. I'd download the firmware again.

kaliko1991

Jun 12, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
if you wanna be sure it's probably for the best. guess you couldn't have gotten the repacking wrong because it flashed. I'd download the firmware again.
Ok so I just finished doing that all over again from the very beginning but this time I did the TWRP process, looks good for the moment. Thank you for the feedback, if the problem comes back I'll keep everyone posted.

Reactions: 3mel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so I just finished doing that all over again from the very beginning but this time I did the TWRP process, looks good for the moment. Thank you for the feedback, if the problem comes back I'll keep everyone posted.