• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LastPass and Wells Fargo lost ability to use biometric unlock on Pixel 4 XL

Search This thread

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
not sure if there was a recent update somewhere, but somehow I lost the ability to use face unlock when using LastPass and the Wells Fargo app. anyone else or have any suggestions? I've updated to the August Pixel update, but this was happening prior to this specific update and only recently. in the past it was working fine. I've already tried clearing the face data and re-recognizing, but no change. help!

enndub

Jul 8, 2013
Did you install a magisk module to pass safteynet? It's that, not the June update, lol. It tricks your phone into thinking it's not a pixel 4

Reactions: dimm0k

bsg411

Nov 23, 2007
Did you install a magisk module to pass safteynet? It's that, not the June update, lol. It tricks your phone into thinking it's not a pixel 4

Can you point me in the direction of that magisk module?

You mean the magiskhidepropsconfig? I tried it but it still didn't pass safety net

Last edited:

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
Did you use magisk hide prop config to change your phone fingerprint?

I added the MagiskHide Props Config module along with the HARDWARE OFF module just so I could pass SafetyNet... unfortunately as a result of the latter module, biometric unlock gets hosed as a result. I disabled that module, but left the former one enabled and things are back to normal with biometric unlock

bsg411

Nov 23, 2007
I added the MagiskHide Props Config module along with the HARDWARE OFF module just so I could pass SafetyNet... unfortunately as a result of the latter module, biometric unlock gets hosed as a result. I disabled that module, but left the former one enabled and things are back to normal with biometric unlock

I did the magisk hide props config module and masked the pixel 4xl fingerprint but that alone didnt pass safetynet....not familiar with hardware off

bsg411

Nov 23, 2007
how did you mask the pixel 4xl fingerprint?

I thought thats what you did get the CTS profile to pass under the safetynet check??

The procedure I followed is below...but it didnt work for me:

1) First, go to the Google Play Store & download “Termux” which is an Android terminal emulator and Linux environment app.
2) Next, open Magisk Manager & swipe from the left side. From there, select the “Downloads” option.
3) There, you need to Install two Magisk Modules – Busybox for Android NDK & MagiskHide Props Config
4) You can either Install one Module & then reboot and then Install the other, or Install One, go back, install the second, and then reboot. Both will work.
5) Once the phone reboots, now we need to do one final thing which is the most important step. Before moving to the next step, just check if both the modules are shown as installed or not in Magisk Manager.
6) Open the Termux app & then type “su” and press Enter. This will grant Superuser Rights to the app.
7) Next, type “props” & press Enter. You will see a lot of options & numbers in front of them to choose from.
8) You need to choose the option that says “Edit Device Fingerprint”. It should be the Number “1” but just double check it on your device.
Enter that Number & press Enter.
9) Again, you’ll see some options & from there, choose the one that says “Pick a certified fingerprint”. This time, instead of numbers, you will see letters in front of each option like “f”, “v”, “s”, “b” etc. Enter the letter in front of the option (Pick a Certified Fingerprint) & press Enter.
10) Now, you’ll see a long list of various Smartphone companies so from here, you need to choose your phone’s company. For Example, if your phone is the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, choose “Asus”. Here also, you need to type the number in front of the company name & then press Enter.
11) Now, it’ll show you various devices from that company. If your device is there in the list, you’re good to go. Otherwise, you’re not lucky so you will have to wait for some other method.
12) Select the number in front of your Phone’s name & then press Enter.
13) Finally, it will ask if you want to continue. If you have followed everything above & selected the right options, write “y” & press Enter.
Finally, press “y” to reboot your device & press Enter. Now, your phone will reboot.

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
I thought thats what you did get the CTS profile to pass under the safetynet check??

The procedure I followed is below...but it didnt work for me:

1) First, go to the Google Play Store & download “Termux” which is an Android terminal emulator and Linux environment app.
2) Next, open Magisk Manager & swipe from the left side. From there, select the “Downloads” option.
3) There, you need to Install two Magisk Modules – Busybox for Android NDK & MagiskHide Props Config
4) You can either Install one Module & then reboot and then Install the other, or Install One, go back, install the second, and then reboot. Both will work.
5) Once the phone reboots, now we need to do one final thing which is the most important step. Before moving to the next step, just check if both the modules are shown as installed or not in Magisk Manager.
6) Open the Termux app & then type “su” and press Enter. This will grant Superuser Rights to the app.
7) Next, type “props” & press Enter. You will see a lot of options & numbers in front of them to choose from.
8) You need to choose the option that says “Edit Device Fingerprint”. It should be the Number “1” but just double check it on your device.
Enter that Number & press Enter.
9) Again, you’ll see some options & from there, choose the one that says “Pick a certified fingerprint”. This time, instead of numbers, you will see letters in front of each option like “f”, “v”, “s”, “b” etc. Enter the letter in front of the option (Pick a Certified Fingerprint) & press Enter.
10) Now, you’ll see a long list of various Smartphone companies so from here, you need to choose your phone’s company. For Example, if your phone is the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, choose “Asus”. Here also, you need to type the number in front of the company name & then press Enter.
11) Now, it’ll show you various devices from that company. If your device is there in the list, you’re good to go. Otherwise, you’re not lucky so you will have to wait for some other method.
12) Select the number in front of your Phone’s name & then press Enter.
13) Finally, it will ask if you want to continue. If you have followed everything above & selected the right options, write “y” & press Enter.
Finally, press “y” to reboot your device & press Enter. Now, your phone will reboot.

whoa, no... I never did any of this. what is the purpose of these steps?

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL
let me back up....what steps did you take to get last pass to work with face unlock? also does you Gpay work too?

being rooted, GPay stopped working until I installed the SQLite Fix module, however recently ctsProfile started failing for me, but that did not affect GPay. lastpass was always working for me until I installed the MagiskHide Props Config along with the HARDWARE OFF module.

bsg411

Nov 23, 2007
being rooted, GPay stopped working until I installed the SQLite Fix module, however recently ctsProfile started failing for me, but that did not affect GPay. lastpass was always working for me until I installed the MagiskHide Props Config along with the HARDWARE OFF module.
Yeah but the props config has many different things to be altered... What configuration did you alter? Or did you just install the module and left it alone?

Also I could not find the hardware off module or what it does.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.