Latest 5.1.1 .264 Firmware Download + How To create a pre-rooted zip + How To Install

kingsasha

Dec 17, 2014
Nalchik
New update (23.4.A.1.264) hits the Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet with full Stagefright fix!
Info About The Firmware
Device: Xperia Z2 (D6503)
CDA: 1281-4640
Market: Germany
Operator: Customized DE
Network: GLOBAL-LTE
Release: 23.4.A.1.264 / R4C
Download FTF ::::: CLick ME (MEGA)
Download PreRooted Zip ::::: https://mega.nz/#!G05VzJoa!okaLrXeYiLa2I4eS8-Oow7F7eXWd500KaljFXNfJMDw[/COLOR][/SIZE]

How To install
FlashTool Method:
1. Download Flashtool from http://flashtool.net
2.Install it Then Go To C:\Flashtool\drivers.... Open The Installer And Install FastBoot And FLashmode And Xperia Z2 Drivers
3. after it's finished restart your computer
4. Copy The Downloaded FTF file into C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\.flashTool\firmwares or Too C:\Flashtool\Firmwares
5. Open Flashtool and click the black thunder icon
6. choose flashmode and choose the firmware ,,, then check wipe : USERDATA (you'll lose all your data)
7. after a couple of minutes it will show you how to connect your device
8. after you successfully flash the firmware , just un-plug your device and boot it up!

Recovery Method: ( You won't lose any data,,pics,,apps etc..)​

1. Reboot Into TWRP (see the tutorial below on how to get it)
2. Click On Install
3. Choose The Flashable zip (you can create it in the guide below)
4. Flash It
5. After it's done Wipe Cache And Dalvik cache
6. REBOOT!

In order to flash this firmware through a custom recovery ... you should know two things..
a. How To Install a Custom Recovery
b. How To Create A Prerooted Flashable zip

A: Installing the custom recovery:
You can check my own tutorial on how to install a custom recovery here ====> Click Me
Or Check NUTs Dual Recovery Guide Here ===> Click Me

B: Creating The Flashable Zip
Download PRFcreator from here ==> Click Me http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3492498&d=1443713502
1. Open The program and you'll see this window

2. Choose Your FTF File
3. If You Want Root ... Download The SuperSU zip file from here Click Me
4. If You Want Recovery Download it From here Click Me
5. Check Kernel , FOTAKernel ,,, Modem ,,,, LTALabel
finally it should look like this

6. click on create and when it's done ,, the zip will be in PRFCreator Folder
Credits : @[NUT] for dual recovery @zxz0O0 for prfcreator
Hit the Thanks Button if you found this usefull!

Last edited:

JJD809

May 27, 2011
Hampshire
One thing to keep in mind if you follow the PRFcreator tool route is that before you flash your device with your pre-rooted image, is that to go into system - Apps and then check for any apps that you have moved to your SD card. Move any apps that you have on the SD card back to Phone Memory before you boot to recovery and start flashing your phone. Once you done, you can move them back if you want to, to free up phone memory.

Don't worry, you have not lost your apps, only downside is when you scroll through all your pages and you see all those "app missing" icons, you have that WTF? moment :D

The reason for this is that after the upgrade, it doesn't see the apps any more when looking at your apps pages as if the SD card is missing. If you go to System - Apps and looking at all your installed apps, you will see they are still then. To fix the issue, simply move them back to phone memory.

...hope my explanation makes sense.

kingsasha

Dec 17, 2014
Nalchik
One thing to keep in mind if you follow the PRFcreator tool route is that before you flash your device with your pre-rooted image, is that to go into system - Apps and then check for any apps that you have moved to your SD card. Move any apps that you have on the SD card back to Phone Memory before you boot to recovery and start flashing your phone. Once you done, you can move them back if you want to, to free up phone memory.

Don't worry, you have not lost your apps, only downside is when you scroll through all your pages and you see all those "app missing" icons, you have that WTF? moment :D

The reason for this is that after the upgrade, it doesn't see the apps any more when looking at your apps pages as if the SD card is missing. If you go to System - Apps and looking at all your installed apps, you will see they are still then. To fix the issue, simply move them back to phone memory.

...hope my explanation makes sense.
Thanks bro for this helpful info :)

Cilow

Jan 4, 2014
Doesnt work for me :(
Thats my way how to get the prerootet .264.

i flash the .402 and rootet it with easyrootool.
as i am later in twrp i choose my own prerootet .264, build it wit prfcreator, exactly how it should be.
after i have flashed the prerootet, no mater if i wipe cache + dalvik cache, when i want to reboot the system it says:
Root Access is missing/broken. Roo [..%] Time
- No
- Yes - Aplly root (/system/xbin/su)
- No

and no matter if i choose yes or no, after rebooting and updating the apps, there is no supersu or ndr utils to find.

dont know what the problem is :(

kingsasha

Dec 17, 2014
Nalchik
Doesnt work for me :(
Thats my way how to get the prerootet .264.

i flash the .402 and rootet it with easyrootool.
as i am later in twrp i choose my own prerootet .264, build it wit prfcreator, exactly how it should be.
after i have flashed the prerootet, no mater if i wipe cache + dalvik cache, when i want to reboot the system it says:
Root Access is missing/broken. Roo [..%] Time
- No
- No

and no matter if i choose yes or no, after rebooting and updating the apps, there is no supersu or ndr utils to find.

dont know what the problem is :(
Flash the .232 through flashtool then update using zip file and make sure you added the correct SuperSU file and the correct recoveyr and make sure to include Kernel , FOTAkernel , Modem , LTAlabel ,,, then try again

Last edited:
Reactions: Cilow

Cilow

Jan 4, 2014
Thats it!
With the .232 it works.
After the .264 reboots, i had to install supersu again, without updating it. supersu works fine know and i have finally my 5.1.1. wit root - yes!

Thanks alot!

Last edited:
Reactions: kingsasha

PHZ2

Dec 6, 2015
guys, I just went back to 4.4, rooted, then used the recovery to install the 264 zip file, the same message of cillow's appeared to me:
"Root Access is missing/broken. Roo [..%] Time
- No
- No"

When I rebooted the phone was without superUS and when I installed it it said that I didn't have root oO

Anyone knows what happened/what can be used to fix it?

Thanks!

cachanilla86

Mar 5, 2012
Mexicali
guys, I just went back to 4.4, rooted, then used the recovery to install the 264 zip file, the same message of cillow's appeared to me:
"Root Access is missing/broken. Roo [..%] Time
- No
- No"

When I rebooted the phone was without superUS and when I installed it it said that I didn't have root oO

Anyone knows what happened/what can be used to fix it?

Thanks!
Before installing the XZDR on 4.4 copy/upload the prerooted zip on your phone. After you install the XZDR the phone will reboot; now you can proceed to install the prerooted zip, it will include SuperSU and recovery. The phone reboots to recovery so you can install the SuperSU .zip, but there is no need for that. All we need to install a prerooted .zip is the recovery. SuperSU will be after restarting the phone on the new software.

PHZ2

Dec 6, 2015
Before installing the XZDR on 4.4 copy/upload the prerooted zip on your phone. After you install the XZDR the phone will reboot; now you can proceed to install the prerooted zip, it will include SuperSU and recovery. The phone reboots to recovery so you can install the SuperSU .zip, but there is no need for that. All we need to install a prerooted .zip is the recovery. SuperSU will be after restarting the phone on the new software.
I did that, like, downgrade > root > install recovery > boot on recovery > install prerooted .264. BUT after restarting, superSU wasn't there and not even the recovery. As I said, before I boot after installed the 264, it showed me the message about root.

Thanks!

cachanilla86

Mar 5, 2012
Mexicali
I did that, like, downgrade > root > install recovery > boot on recovery > install prerooted .264. BUT after restarting, superSU wasn't there and not even the recovery. As I said, before I boot after installed the 264, it showed me the message about root.

Thanks!
prerooted zip wasn't build correctly.

PHZ2

Dec 6, 2015
Just made it, but went downgrade > root > install recovery > boot on recovery > install prerooted .232 > install prerooted .264 and it worked. I used the prerooted zip file that is avaible at the begnning of the topic, didnt made it myself. Thanks anyway =)

Islandviking

Dec 10, 2015
ERROR - Drivers need to be installed for connected device.

I tried installing every single one on the list and still get this error.. and i do restart after.. anyone know what could be wrong ?

10/037/2015 12:37:06 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
10/037/2015 12:37:06 - INFO - Start Flashing
10/037/2015 12:37:06 - INFO - Processing loader.sin
10/037/2015 12:37:06 - INFO - Checking header
10/037/2015 12:37:06 - ERROR - Processing of loader.sin finished with errors.
10/037/2015 12:37:06 - INFO - Ending flash session
10/037/2015 12:37:06 - ERROR -
10/037/2015 12:37:06 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
10/037/2015 12:37:07 - ERROR - Drivers need to be installed for connected device.
10/037/2015 12:37:07 - ERROR - You can find them in the drivers folder of Flashtool.

Last edited: