• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Latest and best #gcam for our X2 Pro.

Search This thread

ralphaverbuch

Jul 30, 2016
Realme X2 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-15-21-57-28-91_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-15-21-57-28-91_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 169

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
Which is the best gcam for realme x2 pro (realmi ui2.0 android 11)? Where can I find xml? Thx

Some cameras has explicit X2 pro support w/ related XML files.
Like this one:

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING FIRST.

New PZD v3.1 update. There are a lot of different noise models included that you can try. Switching to front camera now works fine from all lenses. Some settings are rearranged for less clutter and easier access. Other than that I don't really see more important changes.
This is not a multi-lib version as before, this time I've only replaced Google lib with Zeta2ex1 (that's the best one IMO). I also attached the original APK with Google lib. You'll notice that single lib APK is much lighter, works faster, and also HDR processing is done quicker.

Arcide.PZD8.2.v5.1 XML details:

Slightly tweaked noise reduction parameters and increased max ISO, so the photos are brighter in lower light conditions. Still I advise using manual exposure time when necessary (long-press the front cam switch button for quick access)

NOTES:
- All libs have different default values, so using my XML, or any other config will give different results between two different libs. If you wish to use my XML, then I recommend using it only with the custom APK (with Zeta2ex1 lib). XML will work with Google lib, but results won't be as expected.
- Do NOT mix up different versions - don't use v5.1 XML with the old PZD v3, and also don't use the v4 (or older) XML with the PZD v3.1 - THEY ARE DIFFERENT
- XML location is /Internal Memory/ConfigsSettings8.2/ (create the folder if it doesn't exist) and you load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button
- 4K not working, EIS not working, 60FPS not working
- Portrait mode still broken (back cameras don't save the photo, front camera is grainy). If you absolutely must have portrait mode, then don't use the modded APK, instead use the original one with Google lib (Zeta2ex1 is causing the issue with portrait mode)

GCam source:

Attachments

• Arcide.PZD8.2.v5.1.xml
    130.1 KB · Views: 110
  • GCam+8.2.204_P-Z-D.v.3.1_Google.apk
    69.1 MB · Views: 136
  • GCam+8.2.204_P-Z-D.v.3.1_Zeta2ex1.apk
    69.7 MB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
For those of you using the private BSG version, this is my latest config for PV1g (NOT THE SAME AS GV1g). Obviously can't share the APK...

- Google lib
- Natural photos without oversharpening
- Pixel 5 interface, Pixel 5 model for all lenses
- 12 HDR+ Enh frames
- Manual AWB tuning on all lenses for more accurate white balance and colors
- x2 exposure multiplier for auto-exposure correction

Issues:
No EIS, no 60FPS, no slow-mo

I have also attached my custom AWB settings for all lenses for the Realme X2 Pro. You can use them on any GCam which supports manual AWB input (though there aren't many of them out there besides BSG). The idea is to have one consistent setting for white balance that should give accurate results. I've tested everything manually in a lot of scenarios, and while not completely accurate 100% of the time, I'm very satisfied with the results. You don't need to turn off AWB anymore.

Attachments

• Arcide.BSG8.PV1g.v20.xml
    54.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMX319 (Realme X2 Pro wide).txt
    170 bytes · Views: 31
  • IMX417 (Realme X2 Pro front).txt
    170 bytes · Views: 23
  • S5K3M5SX (Realme X2 Pro tele).txt
    170 bytes · Views: 19
  • S5KGW1 (Realme X2 Pro main).txt
    170 bytes · Views: 31

NomsayinBrah

Jul 23, 2021

New PZD v3.1 update. There are a lot of different noise models included that you can try. Switching to front camera now works fine from all lenses. Some settings are rearranged for less clutter and easier access. Other than that I don't really see more important changes.
<snip>

Hey,

Just made an account to say thank you for the hard work you're putting into this to make the best Gcam possible!
Love it!

Thanks again :)

ShriPunk

Jan 25, 2014
I'm attaching an old gcam here (not made by me) along with my very own config file. I've tried all the latest gcams and configs and I feel this one is leagues apart from the others. Do try it out and share your opinion. Thank you.

Config storage: GCam>Configs7 (create these folders and store the config file inside the Configs7 folder)

Gcam link

Attachments

• ShriPunkPro.xml
    14.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Reactions: Vishwa_Stock

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
How to get private bsg version, where do i need to go?
It requires a donation (of 4 or 5 dollars) to BSG. I'm not sure if such links are allowed here, but you can find the instructions in the public telegram group, which you can easily find by googling "Public Group BSG telegram". Anyway, I'm not sure if the private version is worth it right now, since the public version has received good updates, and it has most (if not all) of the features now. BSG is working on a newer version, so best wait to see how that develops, unless you really want to donate right now. The config I posted is not compatible with the public version.

Last edited:

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro

This is not a multi-lib version as before, this time I've only replaced Google lib with Zeta2ex1 (that's the best one IMO). I also attached the original APK with Google lib. You'll notice that single lib APK is much lighter, works faster, and also HDR processing is done quicker.

Arcide.PZD8.2.v5.1 XML details:

Slightly tweaked noise reduction parameters and increased max ISO, so the photos are brighter in lower light conditions. Still I advise using manual exposure time when necessary (long-press the front cam switch button for quick access)

NOTES:
- All libs have different default values, so using my XML, or any other config will give different results between two different libs. If you wish to use my XML, then I recommend using it only with the custom APK (with Zeta2ex1 lib). XML will work with Google lib, but results won't be as expected.
- Do NOT mix up different versions - don't use v5.1 XML with the old PZD v3, and also don't use the v4 (or older) XML with the PZD v3.1 - THEY ARE DIFFERENT
- XML location is /Internal Memory/ConfigsSettings8.2/ (create the folder if it doesn't exist) and you load it by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button
- 4K not working, EIS not working, 60FPS not working
- Portrait mode still broken (back cameras don't save the photo, front camera is grainy). If you absolutely must have portrait mode, then don't use the modded APK, instead use the original one with Google lib (Zeta2ex1 is causing the issue with portrait mode)

GCam source:

Here is an update to this config

Arcide.PZD8.2.v6
- Fixed lens distortion correction for the ultrawide lens (there was a weird issue where the correction wouldn't work unless the HDR model for the front lens was the same as for the wide lens)
- Some minor improvements to the overall quality of photos

Also uploaded another config - Arcide.PZD8.2.v6-HDR.
I've experimented a little bit with some HDR and Exposure settings for the main cam. There is a way to improve the dynamic range, mostly with a great reduction of overexposure in the highlights and brighter shadows in some scenes. It comes at a cost, there is more noise in the majority of photos (especially in shadows), but you'll generally see the difference in difficult lighting conditions. That's a rule of the thumb: worse dynamic range - cleaner photos (and vice versa). I wouldn't use this one all of the time because there's obvious degradation in details, but it's very useful when there's a lot of bright lights in the scene.

REMEMBER: USE THIS CONFIG ONLY WITH THIS APK - GCam+8.2.204_P-Z-D.v.3.1_Zeta2ex1.apk

Attachments

• Arcide.PZD8.2.v6.xml
    130.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Arcide.PZD8.2.v6-HDR.xml
    130.3 KB · Views: 71
    69.7 MB · Views: 155
Reactions: Igoruss

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Made two new configs for the PZD v3.1 GCam. There is a newer v4 version, but it doesn't bring anything important and some of the noise models (including the one I used in the config) were removed, so I'm sticking with v3.1.

Arcide-PZD8.2-v8-zeta2ex1.xml

Place the XML here: /Internal storage/ConfigsSettings8.2/
You load the config by double-tapping the black bar around the shutter button in the camera viewfinder.

This first config is for the Zeta2ex1 lib. No big changes from the previous version, just further optimized some things. Also extended the exposure time (in less than ideal lighting - whenever ISO is higher than 100) by up to double.

Use the Zeta2ex1 xml ONLY with the APK with Zeta2ex1 lib, and Google xml ONLY with the APK with Google lib

Attachments

• Arcide-PZD8.2-v8-zeta2ex1.xml
    132.9 KB · Views: 17
    69.7 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: diimaan

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING.

Arcide-PZD8.2-v8-Google.xml

This second config is more interesting and is what I'm using primarily. I recommend this one.

You load the config by double-tapping the black bar around the shutter button in the camera viewfinder.

- Google lib, better dynamic range
- Reworked a lot of settings
- used small sharpness levels section in the lib patcher, preferring smaller radius of sharpening in good lighting for clearer and crisper natural photos.
- optimized noise reduction settings
- lowered saturation of reds
- enabled Sabre merging (Sabre 4)
- portrait mode works fine with Google lib

Use the Zeta2ex1 xml ONLY with the APK with Zeta2ex1 lib, and Google xml ONLY with the APK with Google lib. They have different package names so you can install them both and compare them directly.

Sabre pros:
- Removes the grid texture in all photos
- removes artifacts from bright lights in dynamic lighting
- removes artifacts from motion in moving objects (cars, people walking)
- preserves small details (like small text in the distance) better
- less noise overall, in my experience

Sabre cons:
- it may have some random blur on textures
- worse details in very dark conditions (also a result from that blur)

If you wish you can disable Sabre, but I've concluded it improves photos in almost all situations.

I've uploaded photo comparisons between the BSG private version (the config for it can be found a few posts above), PZD with the zeta2ex1 lib (attached in the post above), PZD with the Google lib (attached in this post), and the stock cam. Also uploaded comparison of the differences between Sabre ON and OFF.

Attachments

• GCam+8.2.204_P-Z-D.v.3.1.Snap.Google.apk
    69.1 MB · Views: 87
  • Arcide-PZD8.2-v8-Google.xml
    131.5 KB · Views: 61
  • BSG private Arcide.jpg
    BSG private Arcide.jpg
    12.7 MB · Views: 63
  • PZD Arcide new Google lib.jpg
    PZD Arcide new Google lib.jpg
    13.6 MB · Views: 53
  • PZD Arcide old zeta2ex1 lib.jpg
    PZD Arcide old zeta2ex1 lib.jpg
    12.7 MB · Views: 52
  • Stock.jpg
    Stock.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20210915_212628.jpg
    IMG_20210915_212628.jpg
    883.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210915_111708.jpg
    IMG_20210915_111708.jpg
    982.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210915_211124.jpg
    IMG_20210915_211124.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57

killersparrow

Oct 1, 2021
What did you use and why don't you try installing it again? Almost every GCam should work, but none will have AUX support on RUI 2.0.
Why is it aux cams are not supported on Realme X2 Pro with Android 11 and RUI 2.0? (Like many on here we were very happy using gcam_7.3.018_urnynx05-v2.1 and getting great results until the forced update to the device. I have been looking for a solution since then. Should I give up?)

I tried your recent versions but they freeze on all except video.

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Why is it aux cams are not supported on Realme X2 Pro with Android 11 and RUI 2.0? (Like many on here we were very happy using gcam_7.3.018_urnynx05-v2.1 and getting great results until the forced update to the device. I have been looking for a solution since then. Should I give up?)

I tried your recent versions but they freeze on all except video.
As far as I know it works fine on custom roms, it's just RUI 2.0 giving problems. Why is that, I don't know. I don't see the reason why they crippled third party camera apps, or why they don't allow the bootloader to be unlocked anymore, or why they don't fix age old issues, or why they don't give a **** about consumers at all. Just Realme being stupid as usual...

In any case, if you're having issues such as black screen in GCam, then just load the XML and it should be fine. If you can't load the XML because the camera crashes or for some other reason, try to open the settings quickly (or when you're in the video mode, since you say it works), and find the option to change the API (and/or viewfinder format) to YUV LVL3. The issue appears because many GCams set the default to JPG FULL which doesn't work on our phone. This setting is found in "Setting up the mod FIX" section in settings for PZD GCam.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MTSL 8.3 GCam with XML

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Install the APK and move the XML to Internal storage\ConfigsSettings8.3
    (NOT GCAM FOLDER)
    - Load the XML by double tapping the black area around the shutter button inside the camera app
    - If the camera freezes upon starting, just load the XML. If the camera crashes then quickly open the settings -> setting up the mod FIX -> Camera2 API -> YUV level HAL3

- Everything set up except front cam (which uses lib patcher from the currently active lens, since there's no restart option when switching)
    - Natural photos with great details (not for those who like sharp and overprocessed look)
    - AWB OFF, custom CCT with correction algorithm (until there is manual AWB, I will leave it like this)
    - Sabre working perfectly
    - You can use HDR+ On (ZSL) in most situations

Not sure if the aux lenses work on RUI 2.0 (probably not), or if the app works at all. Test it out yourself.
    Aux cams still DON'T WORK on RUI 2.0
    I've uploaded a new version of MTSL 8.3 GCam, along with an updated config.
    This is a newer (public) V1 version, even though the previous one says V4 (it was a beta)

PLEASE ONLY USE THE COMBINATION OF APK AND XML PROVIDED IN THIS POST TO AVOID ANY ISSUES.
    IF YOU TRY TO LOAD THE PREVIOUS XML WITH THIS NEW APK IT WILL CRASH.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Install the APK and move the XML to /Internal storage/ConfigsSettings8.3/
    (NOT GCAM FOLDER!); create the folder manually if it doesn't exist
    - Load the XML by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button inside the camera app
    - If the camera freezes upon launch just load the XML. If it crashes before you can load the config (happens usually on custom ROMs), then try to quickly open settings -> setting up the mod FIX -> Camera2 API -> YUV level HAL3
    After that load the config as instructed.

v2.1 XML CHANGELOG:
    - Added new CCT and adjusted colors
    - Tuned sharpness, optimized noise reduction
    - Improved dynamic range
    - More contrast and depth in the shadows
    - A lot of small improvements and fixes

NOTE: Lib patcher for the front cam still doesn't work even with the restart option.
    Also, there seems to be an issue with RAW files where the zoomed-in shots with any lens aren't upscaled (the output RAW is not full resolution). Don't worry as the JPG exports just fine.

I've posted some photo samples as well.
    Please report any issues that you may find and all feedback is welcome, as always.
    This is the best gcam version I have found so far, thank you. Photo quality is superb and natural.
    One small issue I have that its pretty slow, changing modes takes a few seconds but otherwise, its very good.
    You're welcome buddy. Yeah it is a bit sluggish, but I think it makes up for it with its vast amount of tuning options.
    Arnova (the gcam developer) has recently joined the x2 pro telegram channel and will be developing gcam for our mobile. He asked for our help to provide logs
    Good evening.

I've just recently bought the Realme X2 Pro 128GB, and tried several GCams.

I've found a very stable one that has some flaws, but is the best so far for me.

Some limitations:
    - doesn't shoot in 4K
    - doesn't shoot in 60 fps, only 30
    - doesn't do slow motion

Upsides:
    - very stable and snappy, everything else seems to work just fine.
    - allows saving portraits directly to "DCIM/Camera" instead of creating one subfolder per portrait.

GCam: PMGC_7.0.009_HDR_Version_V13.apk.
    They do provide a config file for our phone: realme-x2-pro.xml.
    I've tweaked it to my liking, here: leo-realme-x2-pro.xml.

NOTE: This one has a particularity: you have to save the config to "/GoogleCamera/ConfigsCamera".

Sharing this to contribute to this forum, that already helped my a lot ;)

Enjoy!
    I'm currently using PixelCam Plus v2, and honestly it's the best one so far for my usage case. I've attached my settings for anyone interested. If you found better settings please share.
    I don't think so its good to buy in this price list its worst phone ever, and gcam even its not supported face retouching
    Dude what?? So no face retouching makes the phone useless? Most people (myself included) just get rid of that s*it on any phone in any camera app immediately.
    PLEASE READ EVERYTHING.

Arcide-PZD8.2-v8-Google.xml

This second config is more interesting and is what I'm using primarily. I recommend this one.

- Google lib, better dynamic range
    - Reworked a lot of settings
    - used small sharpness levels section in the lib patcher, preferring smaller radius of sharpening in good lighting for clearer and crisper natural photos.
    - optimized noise reduction settings
    - lowered saturation of reds
    - enabled Sabre merging (Sabre 4)
    - portrait mode works fine with Google lib

Use the Zeta2ex1 xml ONLY with the APK with Zeta2ex1 lib, and Google xml ONLY with the APK with Google lib. They have different package names so you can install them both and compare them directly.

Sabre pros:
    - Removes the grid texture in all photos
    - removes artifacts from bright lights in dynamic lighting
    - removes artifacts from motion in moving objects (cars, people walking)
    - preserves small details (like small text in the distance) better
    - less noise overall, in my experience

Sabre cons:
    - it may have some random blur on textures
    - worse details in very dark conditions (also a result from that blur)

If you wish you can disable Sabre, but I've concluded it improves photos in almost all situations.

I've uploaded photo comparisons between the BSG private version (the config for it can be found a few posts above), PZD with the zeta2ex1 lib (attached in the post above), PZD with the Google lib (attached in this post), and the stock cam. Also uploaded comparison of the differences between Sabre ON and OFF.