• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Latest and best #gcam for our X2 Pro.

Search This thread

killersparrow

Oct 1, 2021
As far as I know it works fine on custom roms, it's just RUI 2.0 giving problems. Why is that, I don't know. I don't see the reason why they crippled third party camera apps, or why they don't allow the bootloader to be unlocked anymore, or why they don't fix age old issues, or why they don't give a **** about consumers at all. Just Realme being stupid as usual...

In any case, if you're having issues such as black screen in GCam, then just load the XML and it should be fine. If you can't load the XML because the camera crashes or for some other reason, try to open the settings quickly (or when you're in the video mode, since you say it works), and find the option to change the API (and/or viewfinder format) to YUV LVL3. The issue appears because many GCams set the default to JPG FULL which doesn't work on our phone. This setting is found in "Setting up the mod FIX" section in settings for PZD GCam.
Well, that depressing. I bought the phone knowing I could use GCAM and was very happy until the forced update broke it. I see online people are unhappy with Realme (OS updates, software, customer service etc). Like them, I will be looking at a different manufacturer next time, which is a shame because the hardware is good. If I could safely roll back to Android 11 and RUI1.0, I would! Thanks for your honest reply. It has saved me a lot of time.

I will look at your suggested fix, but have already loaded the settings file. It's not a 'black screen'; I get an image that freezes after less than a second, but won't take a picture, but will still let me swap to video and back (unlike other versions of Gcam that crash completely.

Is there info anywhere how the how the settings files affect the image quality (etc) so I know how to tweak if I get one working?

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Well, that depressing. I bought the phone knowing I could use GCAM and was very happy until the forced update broke it. I see online people are unhappy with Realme (OS updates, software, customer service etc). Like them, I will be looking at a different manufacturer next time, which is a shame because the hardware is good. If I could safely roll back to Android 11 and RUI1.0, I would! Thanks for your honest reply. It has saved me a lot of time.

I will look at your suggested fix, but have already loaded the settings file. It's not a 'black screen'; I get an image that freezes after less than a second, but won't take a picture, but will still let me swap to video and back (unlike other versions of Gcam that crash completely.

Is there info anywhere how the how the settings files affect the image quality (etc) so I know how to tweak if I get one working?
I know the aux lenses don't work, but I thought the main camera (mode) should work fine on RUI 2.0, so I'm not sure. Do me a favor, go into settings -> scroll down to the menu AUX Parameters and turn off the first option (Switch). Does it work properly then?

I know that the version by Arnova was confirmed to work just fine on RUI 2.0, just without the aux lenses. Join the telegram group (Realme X2 Pro Photography), you can get more help there.

"Is there info anywhere how the how the settings files affect the image quality (etc) so I know how to tweak if I get one working?"

There are honestly too many settings to even name. Lib patchers are always expanding and things are getting more complex. Depending on your adjustments the photos could differ massively. Just remember, the xml config file isn't compatible between different GCams or even between different versions from the same modder.

killersparrow

Oct 1, 2021
I managed to get a new install working without messing about. I think the settings file had not bee accessed despite it being in the correct location. When I reinstalled, it picked up on it as I could tell there are lots of settings that were not there before (as you suggested). Time to start to mess with them!

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
I managed to get a new install working without messing about. I think the settings file had not bee accessed despite it being in the correct location. When I reinstalled, it picked up on it as I could tell there are lots of settings that were not there before (as you suggested). Time to start to mess with them!
You may have forgot to actually load the settings file as instructed in my post. It's not enough to copy the file to the corect location, you have to load it by double tapping the black area around the shutter button then choosing the config. Anyway I'm glad you got it working.

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
MTSL 8.3 GCam with XML

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Install the APK and move the XML to Internal storage\ConfigsSettings8.3
(NOT GCAM FOLDER)
- Load the XML by double tapping the black area around the shutter button inside the camera app
- If the camera freezes upon starting, just load the XML. If the camera crashes then quickly open the settings -> setting up the mod FIX -> Camera2 API -> YUV level HAL3

- Everything set up except front cam (which uses lib patcher from the currently active lens, since there's no restart option when switching)
- Natural photos with great details (not for those who like sharp and overprocessed look)
- AWB OFF, custom CCT with correction algorithm (until there is manual AWB, I will leave it like this)
- Sabre working perfectly
- You can use HDR+ On (ZSL) in most situations

Not sure if the aux lenses work on RUI 2.0 (probably not), or if the app works at all. Test it out yourself.
Aux cams still DON'T WORK on RUI 2.0

Attachments

• MTSLCamera_V4fixvideo.apk
    78.1 MB · Views: 171
  • Arcide-MTSL8.3-v1.xml
    94.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Reactions: Igoruss

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
I've uploaded a new version of MTSL 8.3 GCam, along with an updated config.
This is a newer (public) V1 version, even though the previous one says V4 (it was a beta)

PLEASE ONLY USE THE COMBINATION OF APK AND XML PROVIDED IN THIS POST TO AVOID ANY ISSUES.
IF YOU TRY TO LOAD THE PREVIOUS XML WITH THIS NEW APK IT WILL CRASH.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Install the APK and move the XML to /Internal storage/ConfigsSettings8.3/
(NOT GCAM FOLDER!); create the folder manually if it doesn't exist
- Load the XML by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button inside the camera app
- If the camera freezes upon launch just load the XML. If it crashes before you can load the config (happens usually on custom ROMs), then try to quickly open settings -> setting up the mod FIX -> Camera2 API -> YUV level HAL3
After that load the config as instructed.

v2.1 XML CHANGELOG:
- Added new CCT and adjusted colors
- Tuned sharpness, optimized noise reduction
- Improved dynamic range
- More contrast and depth in the shadows
- A lot of small improvements and fixes

NOTE: Lib patcher for the front cam still doesn't work even with the restart option.
Also, there seems to be an issue with RAW files where the zoomed-in shots with any lens aren't upscaled (the output RAW is not full resolution). Don't worry as the JPG exports just fine.

I've posted some photo samples as well.
Please report any issues that you may find and all feedback is welcome, as always.

Attachments

• MTSLCam_V1.apk
    77.7 MB · Views: 240
  • Arcide-MTSL8.3-v2.1.xml
    100.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    12.3 MB · Views: 128
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    15.5 MB · Views: 124
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    13.5 MB · Views: 127
Reactions: tende96 and Igoruss

killersparrow

Oct 1, 2021
MTSL 8.3 GCam with XML

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Install the APK and move the XML to Internal storage\ConfigsSettings8.3
(NOT GCAM FOLDER)
- Load the XML by double tapping the black area around the shutter button inside the camera app
- If the camera freezes upon starting, just load the XML. If the camera crashes then quickly open the settings -> setting up the mod FIX -> Camera2 API -> YUV level HAL3

- Everything set up except front cam (which uses lib patcher from the currently active lens, since there's no restart option when switching)
- Natural photos with great details (not for those who like sharp and overprocessed look)
- AWB OFF, custom CCT with correction algorithm (until there is manual AWB, I will leave it like this)
- Sabre working perfectly
- You can use HDR+ On (ZSL) in most situations

Not sure if the aux lenses work on RUI 2.0 (probably not), or if the app works at all. Test it out yourself.
Aux cams still DON'T WORK on RUI 2.0
Will this work alongside the previous version for comparison? (It is different to the one we discussed, recently, yes?)

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Will this work alongside the previous version for comparison? (It is different to the one we discussed, recently, yes?)
If you're talking about PZD, then yes (if you downloaded it from my post here). They have a different package name, so they can be installed separately. Just pay attention that the comment you quoted right now is from the older version, find the newer one (MTSLCam_V1) below it, and use the appropriate xml from the same post (v2.1.xml)

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING

New MTSL version and config. The app itself doesn't bring important new things, but use it with this config to avoid any issues.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Install the provided APK and move the XML to Internal storage\ConfigsSettings8.3
(NOT GCAM FOLDER)
- Create the folder if it doesn't exist
- Load the XML by double-tapping the black area around the shutter button inside the camera app
- If the camera freezes upon launch (black screen), just load the XML. If it crashes then either try to quickly open the settings before it crashes, or open the camera directly in video mode, then open settings -> setting up the mod FIX -> Camera2 API -> YUV level HAL3

A lot of small tweaks, too many to name all. Improved dynamic range, brighter shadows, better colors, a little sharper. Disabled RAW photos by default, but I've removed compression. DNG files will be 32MB, and if you need them, then just enable the option via the dropdown menu.
You can use ZSL (HDR+ On) most of the time and use HDR+ Extended in dark or difficult lighting conditions.

EDIT: I replaced the XML with a newer version. One setting was left over unchanged, so I corrected the mistake. It's to lower noise reduction by a notch, and it's a marginal difference. If you're happy with v3, just keep using it. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• MTSLCam_V2.apk
    76.9 MB · Views: 94
  • Arcide-MTSL8.3-v3.1.xml
    102 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
MTSL 8.3 v3 GCam with XML

Use only the combination of APK and XML provided in the same post, unless noted otherwise

INSTRUCTIONS:

- Install the provided APK and move the XML to Internal storage\ConfigsSettings8.3
(NOT GCAM FOLDER).
- Load the XML by double tapping the black area around the shutter button inside the camera app.
- If the camera freezes or crashes when opening, long press on the installed APK, select record video, and it will open the camera in video mode directly - then load the XML.

New XML: Activated a noise model for the main back lens and marginally increased sharpness. Shadows should now be cleaner (especially in HDR situations), and there is generally less noise in low light. Front cam fully tuned, it's sharper and brighter than before. Some other small tweaks.

MTSL v3 contains some fixes, most importantly the front lens lib patcher now works. Also includes my custom AWB presets for the Realme X2 Pro (for all lenses), but I've disabled it by default to my preference. If you want AWB ON, simply activate it by clicking on the AWB toggle in the viewfinder.

Attachments

• MTSLCam_V3.apk
    76 MB · Views: 62
  • Arcide-MTSL8.3-v4.xml
    129.7 KB · Views: 50

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE READ EVERYTHING

New MTSL version and config. The app itself doesn't bring important new things, but use it with this config to avoid any issues.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    (NOT GCAM FOLDER)
    - Create the folder if it doesn't exist
    - If the camera freezes upon launch (black screen), just load the XML. If it crashes then either try to quickly open the settings before it crashes, or open the camera directly in video mode, then open settings -> setting up the mod FIX -> Camera2 API -> YUV level HAL3

A lot of small tweaks, too many to name all. Improved dynamic range, brighter shadows, better colors, a little sharper. Disabled RAW photos by default, but I've removed compression. DNG files will be 32MB, and if you need them, then just enable the option via the dropdown menu.
    You can use ZSL (HDR+ On) most of the time and use HDR+ Extended in dark or difficult lighting conditions.

EDIT: I replaced the XML with a newer version. One setting was left over unchanged, so I corrected the mistake. It's to lower noise reduction by a notch, and it's a marginal difference. If you're happy with v3, just keep using it. Sorry about that.
    Arnova (the gcam developer) has recently joined the x2 pro telegram channel and will be developing gcam for our mobile. He asked for our help to provide logs
    Good evening.

I've just recently bought the Realme X2 Pro 128GB, and tried several GCams.

I've found a very stable one that has some flaws, but is the best so far for me.

Some limitations:
    - doesn't shoot in 4K
    - doesn't shoot in 60 fps, only 30
    - doesn't do slow motion

Upsides:
    - very stable and snappy, everything else seems to work just fine.
    - allows saving portraits directly to "DCIM/Camera" instead of creating one subfolder per portrait.

GCam: PMGC_7.0.009_HDR_Version_V13.apk.
    They do provide a config file for our phone: realme-x2-pro.xml.
    I've tweaked it to my liking, here: leo-realme-x2-pro.xml.

NOTE: This one has a particularity: you have to save the config to "/GoogleCamera/ConfigsCamera".

Sharing this to contribute to this forum, that already helped my a lot ;)

Enjoy!
    I'm currently using PixelCam Plus v2, and honestly it's the best one so far for my usage case. I've attached my settings for anyone interested. If you found better settings please share.
    I don't think so its good to buy in this price list its worst phone ever, and gcam even its not supported face retouching
    Dude what?? So no face retouching makes the phone useless? Most people (myself included) just get rid of that s*it on any phone in any camera app immediately.
    PLEASE READ EVERYTHING.

Arcide-PZD8.2-v8-Google.xml

This second config is more interesting and is what I'm using primarily. I recommend this one.

Place the XML here: /Internal storage/ConfigsSettings8.2/
    You load the config by double-tapping the black bar around the shutter button in the camera viewfinder.

- Google lib, better dynamic range
    - Reworked a lot of settings
    - used small sharpness levels section in the lib patcher, preferring smaller radius of sharpening in good lighting for clearer and crisper natural photos.
    - optimized noise reduction settings
    - lowered saturation of reds
    - enabled Sabre merging (Sabre 4)
    - portrait mode works fine with Google lib

Use the Zeta2ex1 xml ONLY with the APK with Zeta2ex1 lib, and Google xml ONLY with the APK with Google lib. They have different package names so you can install them both and compare them directly.

Sabre pros:
    - Removes the grid texture in all photos
    - removes artifacts from bright lights in dynamic lighting
    - removes artifacts from motion in moving objects (cars, people walking)
    - preserves small details (like small text in the distance) better
    - less noise overall, in my experience

Sabre cons:
    - it may have some random blur on textures
    - worse details in very dark conditions (also a result from that blur)

If you wish you can disable Sabre, but I've concluded it improves photos in almost all situations.

I've uploaded photo comparisons between the BSG private version (the config for it can be found a few posts above), PZD with the zeta2ex1 lib (attached in the post above), PZD with the Google lib (attached in this post), and the stock cam. Also uploaded comparison of the differences between Sabre ON and OFF.