Latest Firmware for Galaxy Note 4 (N910TUVS2EQB1 AND N910T3) New N910TUVU2EQC1

Search This thread

timg11

Jul 20, 2010
Mine was running 6.0.1, the latest (as of 09/20/2017) T-mobile, N910T3UVS3EQE2 and as everyone else, the phone became crap after the patch: slow, laggy, rebooty, etc so I wanted to downgrade.

Has anyone tried N910TUVU2EQI2 with an SM-N910T? @alexdelara was using a T3, and linked to a different version, but after his post, the N910TUVU2EQI2 was released in Sept 2017.

Is anyone using it?
Is it problem-free?

Last edited:

brc6985

Aug 6, 2012
Columbus, OH
Has anyone tried N910TUVU2EQI2 with an SM-N910T? @alexdelara was using a T3, and linked to a different version, but after his post, the N910TUVU2EQI2 was released in Sept 2017.

Is anyone using it?
Is it problem-free?

I have had an N910T2 (carrier unlocked version of N910T) for about a year and a half, and QI2 has been the most stable firmware for me. However, I am on jovy23's deodexed ROM (https://forum.xda-developers.com/no...rom-n910tuvu1anj7-4-4-4-deodexed-ciq-t2915737) with xposed installed. Still, best stock experience I've had so far.

fattire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org

Is anyone using it?
Is it problem-free?

I've used it for several months on los14.1. With all the bits that came with that firmware. And for two days with 15.1...

No issues relating to it.

timg11

Jul 20, 2010
sorry los = Lineage OS.

Thanks - I read about Lineage OS, and understand it is an alternate operating system for Android. It's good to know it works well on the Note4, but I was asking about success of using Samsung stock firmware/OS N910TUVU2EQI2 on the Note 4. I run stock except for systemless root.

Earlier @alexdelara said "Mine was running 6.0.1, the latest (as of 09/20/2017) T-mobile, N910T3UVS3EQE2 and as everyone else, the phone became crap after the patch: slow, laggy, rebooty, etc so I wanted to downgrade"

N910TUVU2EQI2 was released days after that post, so I wanted to see if those issues had been resolved.

If you are using Lineage OS, I'm assuming that would effectively replace N910TUVU2EQI2, correct?

fattire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
To be clearer-- The stock Android provided by Samsung for the Tmobile carrier on the Note 4 should automatically update the modem/bootloader partitions as you upgrade to their official software. In other words, you don't need to do anything-- when Samsung updates your software, it will update not only the version of Android but the additional portions related to the bootloader, modem software, etc.

That said, if you are doing updates manually to non-official operating systems such as Lineage OS (formerly CyanogenMod), you would use a "recovery mode" to update the system partition to the newest software (after downloading it yourself). On other devices, the process is automatic even with Lineage OS, but as the Note 4 isn't supported officially yet, for now you just have to download and install it yourself. The standard TWRP recovery program does not update the bootloader and modem. To do this yourself, you would use one of two programs-- Odin for MacOS or Windows, and something called "heimdall" an open source version of Odin essentially, for Linux.

I think in the footer of my message you'll see a description of how to use Heimdall for Linux. But anyway, the files that are part of the EQC1 update are likely to be mostly bug fixes to the modem, perhaps some security patches, and that sort of thing. I can't remember any version having truly changed the functionality for about two or three years, when there was a change to where certain "widevine" files were stored in the /vendor/firmware directory if I'm remembering correctly. Stock versions of Android, since they were updated by Samsung along with the modem/bootloader/etc updates were fine, but a change was required to LineageOS (then Cyanogenmod) were required to accomodate for the new widevine files.

Anyway, this is probably more than you wanted to know. The short answer is that if you are using the stock Samsung version of Android, the firmware is updated simultaneous to the OS update. If you're doing it manually, I can confirm that with a Cyanogenmod/LineageOS-based version of Nougat and Oreo the EQC1 stuff should work.

Hope this is clearer.
ft

PS-- if you are referring to the "EQC1" version of BOTH the firmware/modem bits as well as the core OS, I would advise you to always be up to date on the latest stock operating system as there are security fixes you will certainly want to have.

Thanks - I read about Lineage OS, and understand it is an alternate operating system for Android. It's good to know it works well on the Note4, but I was asking about success of using Samsung stock firmware/OS N910TUVU2EQI2 on the Note 4. I run stock except for systemless root.

Earlier @alexdelara said "Mine was running 6.0.1, the latest (as of 09/20/2017) T-mobile, N910T3UVS3EQE2 and as everyone else, the phone became crap after the patch: slow, laggy, rebooty, etc so I wanted to downgrade"

N910TUVU2EQI2 was released days after that post, so I wanted to see if those issues had been resolved.

If you are using Lineage OS, I'm assuming that would effectively replace N910TUVU2EQI2, correct?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the latest firmware for Tmobile Galaxy Note 4. Flash it at your own risk
    I am not responsible if your phone blowup or sing the national anthem.
    Samsung Galaxy USB Driver

New N910TUVU2EQC1
    MDSUM: f86917e3e1763e9fb59bba6ca642fb22
    How to root this:
    1. Odin TWRP "uncheck auto reboot in odin" pull battery out put back in.
    2. Boot to TWRP by holding Volume up Power and Home key together.
    3. Flash SuperSu or flash this by PVSGH rooted rom
    Enjoy :)
    "Install Xposed Framework"
    Install this first as apk XposedInstaller_3.1.1.apk
    Go this this thread and flash xposed framework

I install this Qb1 stock RomControl. you guys can try it

For SM-N910T
    MDSUM: 0b38870b792e37de28d1c6de721f5543

Odin 3.1.1
    TWRP 3.0.2.0
    Use this guide for root HERE
    MDSUM: 29358c76fd6de55c086eb67bb1bff418
    New firmware for SM-N910T3 (N910T3UVS3EQB1) Download HERE
    boot loader and modem parted out

I've parted out the bootloader (BL) and modem (CP) for this firmware for those who don't wanna update their system: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=158710
    I've not flashed these yet myself, but did the same thing for EPK2 and had no issues flashing them. I'll probably get to updating my 910t this weekend and comment here if I have any issues.
    I've since flashed bq1 bl&cp and everything is working fine, though I'm on emotion 14.1 which hsbadr keeps updated with the latest proprietary blobs.

Cool. I'll give it a try in the next day or two and report back.

Update: Got impatient.. Tried the rest:
    $ sudo heimdall flash --ABOOT aboot.mbn --APNHLOS NON-HLOS.bin --RPM rpm.mbn --SBL1 sbl1.mbn --DBI sdi.mbn --TZ tz.mbn

Uploading ABOOT
    100%
    ABOOT upload successful

Uploading APNHLOS
    100%
    APNHLOS upload successful

Uploading RPM
    100%
    RPM upload successful

Uploading SBL1
    100%
    SBL1 upload successful

Uploading DBI
    100%
    DBI upload successful

Uploading TZ
    100%
    TZ upload successful

Ending session...

It auto-rebooted. SEEMS to be working, but it's been about 30 seconds of testing :p

BTW, for anyone reading this who wants to also flash to modem, just add --MODEM modem.bin to the list of files above.

I see Baseband version N910TUVS2EQB1 listed in About Phone so that's good too.

(also-- I notice that it unfortunately didn't fix the timezone thing-- I still have to manually set it to keep it from jumping back to GMT)

Also, quick question-- I notice that NON-HLOS seems to always be grouped with modem.bin-- although I flash the modem as a standalone by itself (and used an older one for months alone) and it never had an issue.. is there a reason those two are treated as a group? I think (but am not 100%) that the NON-HLOS stuff contains the key stuff in /vendor. It's been a while tho since I did it so maybe it's muddled in my brain

Edit: Also, for the record, I'm using the Heimdall from here: link... No wait, actually that's gone. I pushed my working Heimdall source to here. It may be fixed better upstream but this works on Note 4 for me.
    @fehk: Download twrp-3.1.1-0-trlte.img.tar from https://dl.twrp.me/trlte/. Then Google for Odin 3.12.7 and download that. And download the Samsung USB drivers from Samsung's website. After that turn the phone off, then hold volume down and power. Release when you see the download mode screen, then press volume up. Connect phone to PC with USB cable, run Odin. Make sure that only the "F Reset Time" box is checked, all others should be unchecked. Then click on AP slot and browse to the TWRP file. Click start, wait a minute or 2, then unplug phone when green "Pass" box appears. Unplug phone, remove battery and reinsert it, turn phone back on. Then download a SuperSU, Magisk, or Phh's Superuser zip file. Boot back to TWRP while holding volume up and power, flash one of those zip files, you should be rooted now. Or you can download a SuperSU system mode zip file (Google it) and flash that instead. But you will need a custom kernel that sets SELinux to permissive mode if you go that route, otherwise phone wont boot. SuperSU installed in systemless mode will have no issues booting regardless of kernel.
    Thanks for sharing, is the bootloader locked? are we able to downgrade? Thanks1
    I have N910t and its not lock. I don't know about t3. You can use the guide posted by Deexii HERE just find the latest supersu if you will. Its has a good battery life. Always full wipe after and before odin. Good luck