• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Latest global update 12.5.4 extended memory

Search This thread

Nazri786

Jul 18, 2011
Pulai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Ok, so I've upgraded to latest firmware 12.5.4 global rom, and I've tried the extended memory option in the additional setting that added extra 2mb of ram... However from the about phone all settings the ram shown still 6MB... Shouldn't it shown 8MB instead of original 6MB?

Syfer_Fever

Dec 3, 2011
unrelated question but just want to confirm, do Global ROM uses MIUI Contact, Dialer, and Messaging app? or from Google?

back to topic:
maybe use cpuz or any app that show device spec?

Nazri786

Jul 18, 2011
Pulai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
unrelated question but just want to confirm, do Global ROM uses MIUI Contact, Dialer, and Messaging app? or from Google?

back to topic:
maybe use cpuz or any app that show device spec?
Global use Google apps phone, contact, messaging.... Yep, haven't try using 3rd party apps... Just looking if it's standard across all user... I've seen other phone showing 6GB + 2 extended on the setting page.

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
To answer both questions.

Many versions of MIUI these days are legally forced to use Google Messages and Google Dialer. There are a few places where the laws against such don't exist and will ship with those versions installed. Overall I wouldn't recommend it. I also wouldn't recommend Google Dialer or Mesages either, they're spammy, lack features and counter intuitive.

Second
As far as extended memory, I'm on the 8GB/128GB version of the device and after enabling that option the device RAM stayed at 8 in every app I used to check stats. Built in specs app and also many other specs apps like CPU Z. To me personally 8GB is already overkill because my usage even in heavy gaming is always less than 4GB. The additional 1/2 GB added is done purely on a deep level and will not ever show. Besides, real ram and storage ram have HUGE speed differences and I'm not gonna slow my phone down by using my storage as RAM. Also do not want to cross the write cycles by using my storage as RAM.

Reactions: Nazri786

Nazri786

Jul 18, 2011
Pulai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Many versions of MIUI these days are legally forced to use Google Messages and Google Dialer. There are a few places where the laws against such don't exist and will ship with those versions installed. Overall I wouldn't recommend it. I also wouldn't recommend Google Dialer or Mesages either, they're spammy, lack features and counter intuitive.

Second
As far as extended memory, I'm on the 8GB/128GB version of the device and after enabling that option the device RAM stayed at 8 in every app I used to check stats. Built in specs app and also many other specs apps like CPU Z. To me personally 8GB is already overkill because my usage even in heavy gaming is always less than 4GB. The additional 1/2 GB added is done purely on a deep level and will not ever show. Besides, real ram and storage ram have HUGE speed differences and I'm not gonna slow my phone down by using my storage as RAM. Also do not want to cross the write cycles by using my storage as RAM.
So it's not recommended to enable the option? I did notice improvements on the speed especially when typing and gaming...

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
You need to reset your phone.
Because there seems to be something else holding your phone back that's making typing laggy. No phone after the year 2015 should be laggy while typing. Whether it's 1GB RAM or in your case a minimum of 6GB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Second