Inactive Recognized Contributor
- Oct 4, 2008
Want This Mod With The Old UI? Download Link Below.
*No Sideways Camera (Fixed The Camera, That Always Appeared Sideways In Video Chat, Even In Portrait Mode. Early Evo 3D Users Might Remember This Issue.)
*Camera Switch Now Enabled (Switch Between Front & Back Camera, While Video Chatting!)
*WiFI Optional (Work's On 3G/4G)
*New UI (From ICS)
By Installing This Package, I Take 0% Responsibility (Even Though It's Just The Talk App and Lib) To Any Damages That YOU May Have Made. Even Though It Isn't Entirely Necessary With This Particular Mod, Always Have A Backup Handy.
How To Install: (Convenient)
1. Reboot To Recovery (4EXT Recommended. If CWM, Disable Zip Sign. Verification.)
2. Select Install
3. Select "GTalk_Video_E3D.zip"
4. Confirm Install
5. Wipe Caches
How To Install Manually: (Preferred)
METHOD 1: Root Explorer
1. Extract the Two Files onto your SD card.
2. Using Root Explorer or equivalent, copy Talk.apk to /system/app/.
3. In /system/app/, scroll to Talk.apk, click and hold, select change permissions. See--->View attachment 707212
4. Check off all of them to read and and owner to write. (RW-R-R or 644) See--->View attachment 707213
5. Copy libtalk_jni.so to /system/lib/ and do the exact same thing as steps 3 & 4, but to libtalk_jni.so (RW-R-R or 644) See--->View attachment 707215
METHOD 2: ADB
Note: Place Both "Talk.apk" & "libtalk_jni.so" In Your ADB Path, Prior To Running Step 1.
1. adb devices
2. adb remount
3. adb push Talk.apk /system/app/
4. adb push libtalk_jni.so /system/lib/
5. adb shell
6. chmod 644 system/app/Talk.apk
7. chmod 644 system/app/libtalk_jni.so
9. adb reboot
Same Modified Gtalk, Old UI
Theos0o - For Helping Get The Camera Switch Enabled.
My Mom - Testing (LOL)
Freeza - Testing/Making It Flashable
Aedon - Testing