Development [LATEST][RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP 3.7.0_12-v2 for Moto G Stylus 5G 2021[XT2131-1][denver]

Search This thread
I don't see any XT numbers or code names in about phone, I bought the unlocked version currently on sale for black friday so I don't know if this is what I need? Can anyone verify?
Go to Settings > About Phone > Regulatory labels

That will show the XT number such as below

Screenshot_20221124-151036.png

MineMasterHD

Sep 13, 2015
Something unrelated to root but I wanted to ask: Is there any way to disable the creation of shortcuts for newly installed apps with the default Moto launcher? I don't see any option for it in the launcher settings like I usually would.

Something unrelated to root but I wanted to ask: Is there any way to disable the creation of shortcuts for newly installed apps with the default Moto launcher? I don't see any option for it in the launcher settings like I usually would.
Yeah, just long tap on the home screen and then pick settings and you can change it there i believe.

Reactions: arkansawdave74

callihn

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks, I found it, everything is a few more taps in 12, annoying. The wifi calling quick tile keeps coming back up too but only on one phone. Weird!

How did you unlock bootloader? Motorola said mine wasn't eligible
That's strange... I was able to unlock mine. What carrier is your phone? Mine is Boost Mobile.

Couple be the carrier not able to unlocked I'm not sure. But I was able to get my code and had to wait 3 days till I could enable OEM Unlock in developer options...

Heya, looks like fastbootd is borked on XT2131-1. I tried that recovery image, installing it and rebooting to fastbootd, but it doesn't recognize any of the super partitions.

The last error I got from fastbootd while trying to flash system, system_ext and product on both slots was "no such file or directory" - I can't get it to boot after that.

Heya, looks like fastbootd is borked on XT2131-1. I tried that recovery image, installing it and rebooting to fastbootd, but it doesn't recognize any of the super partitions.

The last error I got from fastbootd while trying to flash system, system_ext and product on both slots was "no such file or directory" - I can't get it to boot after that.
Hm. When I get back from work I'll check it out on my device and see what happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmm... This may play tricks with cell service activation (Straight Talk or VoLTE provisioning). I had to revert to stock recovery (Lenovo Rescue) (bootloader still unlocked). I will redo the steps to load up TWRP and Magisk to see if the issue returns and report back.

Edit: Seems to be working fine now. Must have been an issue with Straight Talk.
    Brilliant! Simple steps to install and it works!. Though, this is the second phone I've modified with custom recovery and root of recent (also LG V20) I struggled to get the same esults from each step as described, usually right out the gate. And after searching hundreds of posts it came down to a solution that was so basic it wasn't in any instructions/guides. It was driving me bonkers--to have my files ie .zip .img exploit files etc in the same directory that I was launching min adb and fastboot. That's all. Once I caught that everything was gravy. Yes. It happened once. Sure. Even a second time. But believe me--I won't happen a third.
    An update is available for RETUS (from S2RES32.29-16-1-10-4 to S2RES32.29-16-1-10-5). Did anyone get the full firmware via RSA? Does it usually take extra time for the full image to appear on RSA? I guess I can just go back to stock boot.img to unroot then upgrade, backup the boot.img, then patch & re-root using magisk?

EDIT: All went successfully. Updated and re-rooted.
    W9JMd4u.png

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Android 12 Installation Instructions
    DO NOT FLASH ZIP, UNZIP FIRST
    • First unzip the ANDROID-12-UNZIP-ME-FIRST.zip file to get a12v2-twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip files.
    • Copy a12v2-twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip to either internal storage or external SD card.
    Then do:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot a12v2-twrp-boot.img
    • Once TWRP boots up, go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    • Then choose the a12v2-twrp-boot.img
    • Then go to Install and choose the Magisk-v25.2.zip file to re-root the device
    • Then go to Reboot > System
    Working
    • Everything, including touchscreen. No need to flash 3rd party kernel.

Troubleshooting
    If you get the error createTarFork{} process ended with ERROR: 255
    Go to /data/ folder and delete the fonts folder then reboot and try backup /data again.

Screenshot_2022-10-04-03-22-07.png Screenshot_2022-10-04-03-22-01.png

//DISCONTINUED//
    Android 11 Installation Instructions
    DO NOT FLASH ZIP, UNZIP FIRST
    • First unzip the ANDROID-11-UNZIP-ME-FIRST.zip file to get twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip files.
    • Copy twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip to either internal storage or external SD card.
    Then do:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot twrp-boot.img
    • Once TWRP boots up, go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    • Then choose the twrp-boot.img
    • Then go to Install and choose the Magisk-v25.2.zip file to re-root the device
    • Then go to Reboot > System
    Really ? It reboots to system instead of to a brick? What's next custom ROM? People like you restore my faith in humanity. Confirmed working
    Thank you for this! I will give it a shot.
    Thank you for this! I will give it a shot.

You're welcome. Let me know! I am personally using it if course and so far only complaint I got is a little lag but touchscreen works out the gate with no need of a script or anything. Got it set to load the modules from vendor partition for touchscreen to work properly.
    I'll give it a try :}

Awesome! Let me know. Decryption might not work on A12. I'm compiling A12 based TWRP now. Seeing if it compiles anyways, lol.