Development [LATEST][RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP 3.7.0_12-v2 for Moto G Stylus 5G 2021[XT2131-1][denver]

Search This thread
Curious, why did you use fastbootd?..... And fastboot doesn't have anything to do with the recovery (TWRP).
I've been using GSI images for a while, trying to see what works and what doesn't. the bootloader doesn't allow me to flash individual partitions inside of super, that's all handled by fastbootd, which is integrated into TWRP.

I'm thinking that because it's a fairly niche use case, it flew under the radar. Then again, this is the only recovery image available for Denver that works at the moment... even if it's a bit dysfunctional.

I've been using GSI images for a while, trying to see what works and what doesn't. the bootloader doesn't allow me to flash individual partitions inside of super, that's all handled by fastbootd, which is integrated into TWRP.

I'm thinking that because it's a fairly niche use case, it flew under the radar. Then again, this is the only recovery image available for Denver that works at the moment... even if it's a bit dysfunctional.
I have a personal build of OrangeFox recovery I use. I can send it to you via PM if you'd like?

Yeah, I get it now.. I had a brain fart I guess.. to flash individual parts of the super part you gotta use fastbootd. im testing this OrangeFox now and it seems to be working. Ill send it for you to try.

Last edited:
Reactions: maddog3030

maddog3030

May 5, 2014
Nexus 7
Nexus 6
If memory serves me right fastbootd is fastboot written to an executed from the user space. "recovery" can parse command to fastbootd but it is not part of recovery(TWRP).
Hence the command "fastboot reboot fastboot"

Last edited:

spoofit1

Oct 14, 2022
are you going to add support for Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G 2022? Didn't realize this was 2021 device tree and I loaded on 2022 device and it loads just and unable to use touch screen?

Reactions: spoofit1

benjmiester

I'm on AT&T and have unlocked the bootloader, rooted, installed this TWRP etc
How did you manage to unlock an At&t variant BL? I just got one and immediately Moto says no dice with my BL code. I'm doublechecking for errors and spaces but I'm not new to that process, I know how to put the string together.

Edit: Maybe it's because I just got it. I might have to wait the 48 to 72 hours or whatever to have it allow me to unlock. I've never actually had a phone that needed that. OEM unlocking is allowable, though it ran an update and I worried that screwed up my unlock ability too. It's on RRES31.Q2-11-61-4-16 with unlocking check able to toggle. Hope that's it. I specifically bought it as a nav phone for work that I thought I could root for Viper4Android use for my BT headphones since all of the non-root EQ apps are super weak if they even ever work at all.

Last edited:

leaforte

Apr 23, 2014
LG V20
Moto G Stylus
Brilliant! Simple steps to install and it works!. Though, this is the second phone I've modified with custom recovery and root of recent (also LG V20) I struggled to get the same esults from each step as described, usually right out the gate. And after searching hundreds of posts it came down to a solution that was so basic it wasn't in any instructions/guides. It was driving me bonkers--to have my files ie .zip .img exploit files etc in the same directory that I was launching min adb and fastboot. That's all. Once I caught that everything was gravy. Yes. It happened once. Sure. Even a second time. But believe me--I won't happen a third.

Reactions: ragarcia87

wolf45801

Mar 31, 2012
Lima
hello any chance this could be compiled to work correctly with android 13 right now the touch screen doesnt work

There is no recovery partition. There is the boot partition which has a recovery ramdisk included in it... You have to follow the directions and do:
fastboot boot a12v2-twrp-boot.img
  • Once TWRP boots up, go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
  • Then choose the a12v2-twrp-boot.img
  • Then go to Install and choose the Magisk-v25.2.zip file to re-root the device
  • Then go to Reboot > System

Hmm... This may play tricks with cell service activation (Straight Talk or VoLTE provisioning). I had to revert to stock recovery (Lenovo Rescue) (bootloader still unlocked). I will redo the steps to load up TWRP and Magisk to see if the issue returns and report back.

Edit: Seems to be working fine now. Must have been an issue with Straight Talk.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    unnamed.png

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Android 12 Installation Instructions
    DO NOT FLASH ZIP, UNZIP FIRST
    • First unzip the ANDROID-12-UNZIP-ME-FIRST.zip file to get a12v2-twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip files.
    • Copy a12v2-twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip to either internal storage or external SD card.
    Then do:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot a12v2-twrp-boot.img
    • Then choose the a12v2-twrp-boot.img
    Working
    • Everything, including touchscreen. No need to flash 3rd party kernel.

Troubleshooting
    If you get the error createTarFork{} process ended with ERROR: 255
    Go to /data/ folder and delete the fonts folder then reboot and try backup /data again.

Screenshot_2022-10-04-03-22-07.png Screenshot_2022-10-04-03-22-01.png

//DISCONTINUED//
    Android 11 Installation Instructions
    DO NOT FLASH ZIP, UNZIP FIRST
    • First unzip the ANDROID-11-UNZIP-ME-FIRST.zip file to get twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip files.
    • Copy twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip to either internal storage or external SD card.
    Then do:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot twrp-boot.img
    • Then choose the twrp-boot.img
    Really ? It reboots to system instead of to a brick? What's next custom ROM? People like you restore my faith in humanity. Confirmed working
    Thank you for this! I will give it a shot.

You're welcome. Let me know! I am personally using it if course and so far only complaint I got is a little lag but touchscreen works out the gate with no need of a script or anything. Got it set to load the modules from vendor partition for touchscreen to work properly.
    Thank you for this! I will give it a shot.
    Really ? It reboots to system instead of to a brick? What's next custom ROM? People like you restore my faith in humanity. Confirmed working

Glad, to be of service :)

And thank you for confirming it's working. No problems with touchscreen or anything? (not that I am expecting there to be issues, just curious)