Latest ROM Update 2.07.401.1 WM 6.5 Sense 2.5 (Suggested Reg tweaks added on page 5)

Search This thread

chazco

Aug 23, 2009
I've found a possible solution for the issue with the microphone being muted when the speakerphone is enabled.

All you need to do is go to Home->Settings->Menu->All Settings->Personal->Phone->Advanced and change "Reduce noise in phone calls" to "Never".

Can anyone else confirm if this works for them?

reflecs

May 28, 2008
I've found a possible solution for the issue with the microphone being muted when the speakerphone is enabled.

All you need to do is go to Home->Settings->Menu->All Settings->Personal->Phone->Advanced and change "Reduce noise in phone calls" to "Never".

Can anyone else confirm if this works for them?

I'll test it for a week. Thanx for sharing!

Allen Mead

Nov 24, 2007
Never had this microphone issue yet but then that's probably because I've always set it to never reduce noise in phone calls.

mhurg

Oct 7, 2009
Arendal
After having been serviced two times for software issues which HTC claimed to be HW issues, I finally had enough and demanded my money back... which I got. Luckily I ordered the TP 2 when it still cost a lot, so for the same amount I got a Desire and two 32 GB SD cards:) I'm happy again!

Allen Mead

Nov 24, 2007
Have carried out a little more experimenting with this ROM and it woud seem that changing Radios is quite a good option certainly from a resources point of view.

I have changed mine to a vodafone 4.49.25.17 which you can find here Now you may perceive this as a backwards step, maybe it is, however, I do seem to have more available ram than before and, editing contacts through Sense 2.5 is quicker, most notibly when tapping the 'Done' soft key. It's not instant, but it is on par with Sense 2.1 which was always way quicker than 2.5. Of course, this could well be a placebo effect but time will tell. If you choose to use this radio, do so at your own risk, you have been warned! (No, it won't over write your ROM, for those that don't know, if you don't know, then the question begs, what are you doing with this?)

I do have a couple of other issues which as far as I am aware are ROM and NOT Radio related. Essentially, I have to press either the hardware or soft key twice to come out of call history (only when viewing missed calls through notification manager)

and,

When my BT headset is connected, (Plantronics Voyager Pro) after dialing a second number, the softkeys in the dialer fail to make any sound when pressed, not even through the headset, but are fine when disconnected. Minor but annoying!

pietsukkel

May 24, 2006
These "Black screen of death" are really starting to piss me of! It's so annoying! Just out of nowhere when the screen usually turns black because of energy saving purposes it just stays black and won't respond anymore. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's of course very annoying! :mad:
I don't know if it's the same for other people too, but I'm able to reproduce the SOD here.
When I enable a clock alarm (so no Calender reminder, but an alarm through the clock application) and I press the power button afterwards, I cannot turn the device on again. I have to remove the back cover and perform a softreset. It's consistent behavior and I hope to fix it soon by re-flashing after using task29.
Kind regards,
Piet

Update: Never mind, task29 can only be used after installing the hard-SPL. I will not do that since my Pro2 is still in warranty. I performed a hard-reset and reinstalled everything. Setting an alarm works now without a freeze.

Last edited:

sdemon

Nov 20, 2007
Emmen
Just a small update from me. I get SOD's now as well. Even though mine came with the new Rom straight from HTC.

I also have issues when connected to the Parrot CK3100 in the car. Even with the latest firmware in the Parrot. The phone gets real slow and it takes more then a minute from selecting the contact to call to eventually getting the dialtone. Also in about 50% of the times when I answer the phone will go in phone mode and not handsfree mode even though the icon says it is connected to the handsfree.

And on the hardware side there seems to be a problem in the area of the frontfacing camera. It appears as though the back plate has come loose from the frontassembly.

Will take it back as this thing is 2,5 months old and it is not working for me anymore.

sdemon

Nov 20, 2007
Emmen
Was at the KPN Business centre today and they can not fix it. They told me to send it back to HTC.
After leaving there I called HTC and they told me to revert back to the old rom of November as they are aware of the problems.
As far as the compatibility with the Parrot they told that they are working on a solution but it might be a while before the update is available.

All in all I am getting pretty upset about this whole ordeal. Any good advice?

Toolmaker

Jun 18, 2010
Was at the KPN Business centre today and they can not fix it. They told me to send it back to HTC.
After leaving there I called HTC and they told me to revert back to the old rom of November as they are aware of the problems.
As far as the compatibility with the Parrot they told that they are working on a solution but it might be a while before the update is available.

All in all I am getting pretty upset about this whole ordeal. Any good advice?

I've had the same thing happen to me. When I use an older ROM version(initial WM6.5 release), my GPS unit doesn't work. When I used the most recent ROM, I get SODs and I'm not even sure whether or not I trust all text messages being properly received, even with the official SMS fix applied.

HTC did a pretty good job screwing up with this ROM version.

Jackos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2008
Warsaw
leidel.pl
OnePlus Open
I've had the same thing happen to me. When I use an older ROM version(initial WM6.5 release), my GPS unit doesn't work. When I used the most recent ROM, I get SODs and I'm not even sure whether or not I trust all text messages being properly received, even with the official SMS fix applied.

HTC did a pretty good job screwing up with this ROM version.
You're got a T-mobile Rhodium?

VIP_82

Feb 12, 2008
Anyone noticed that is missing the menu (reply, delete, ignore) on the pop-up of incoming sms? For me that is a big weakness...
...in my TP2 with the new 6.5 ROM I can assign a function only to the first button on the left... strange... Any suggestion?

P.S.
Is there a way to disable the "sms sent notification"? I changed the registry but doesn't work...

Commdr64

May 23, 2009
Anyone noticed that is missing the menu (reply, delete, ignore) on the pop-up of incoming sms? For me that is a big weakness...
...in my TP2 with the new 6.5 ROM I can assign a function only to the first button on the left... strange... Any suggestion?

P.S.
Is there a way to disable the "sms sent notification"? I changed the registry but doesn't work...

Yes, I noticed that immediately. Very annoying. Also would like to see a way to turn off the sms sent notification