Latest Sense UI Rom for Nexus One

Search This thread

jim29

Jul 1, 2010
Hello Xda Developers!

I was told to come here to post my question. I'm a Nexus One user, who is about to load Sense UI on his standard factory shipped N1. I'm going to use a guide from Anroid Central, which I'm happy with.

My question, is when it comes to chosing a ROM to load on my device. How do I know which one is the latest/greatest/safest? There are many links to Sense UI Roms on the net, and most date back to Feb 2010. Surely in 4 months a more recent version has been released than early Alpha versions.

Is there a version control site, with links/reviews anywhere, or is it just a case of download it and if it doesn't brick your handset then you found a working one.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Jim.

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
I believe Modaco's is the latest. He planned on releasing a Beta but I don't think he ever did due to FroYo.

jim29

Jul 1, 2010
OK I've just loaded it, and it just loops on the HTC Quietly Brilliant boot up screen, any suggestions?

jim29

Jul 1, 2010
Thanks for the reply, can you please explain in more detail, I am a n00b to flashing phones. Thanks in advance.

jim29

Jul 1, 2010
Hi sorry, let me provide more information to where I'm at. I unlocked and rooted my phone. Did the backup, when I went to load the Sense UI rom, I got to the white loading screen and it looped there.

Since this I have found a FroYo Rom and have successfully loaded it. So I'm back to where I started, but at least my phone isn't a brick. I'm after a good working Rom or advice on how to get that other one to load. Many thanks in advance peeps.
:D:eek::p:mad::):p:D:eek::cool:

Eclair~

Dec 21, 2009
Hi sorry, let me provide more information to where I'm at. I unlocked and rooted my phone. Did the backup, when I went to load the Sense UI rom, I got to the white loading screen and it looped there.

Since this I have found a FroYo Rom and have successfully loaded it. So I'm back to where I started, but at least my phone isn't a brick. I'm after a good working Rom or advice on how to get that other one to load. Many thanks in advance peeps.
:D:eek::p:mad::):p:D:eek::cool:

It should be as simple as wiping everything and flashing the ROM, it really isn't that complicated.

jim29

Jul 1, 2010
Cool! Got it working guys. Had loads of issues using Modacos Roms, seems to be just me, but then loaded on

Release Name: KiNgxKxNexus Desire2Nexus
Release Version: 1.1

And worked like a dream, no issues at all, good speed. Yeah sorry, the instructions were clear, I was just freaking out a bit coz I thought I'd bricked my phone.

Sense is a far superior OS, except one thing which really bugs me, if you use the unlock pattern, you are forced to swipe first to unlock, which you don't on standard android, if this is the 2nd release, surely they would have fixed this by now? Any one know of any hacks to bypass this?

Thanks for all your help.

:D